What 'Reports' is actually for.

Made by Archie in Announcements

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
5th March 2014, 01:29 PM

Hey,

Okay, as you should know, one of the category's are 'Reports'. Unlike 'Forum Games' or 'The Lounge' this specific category isn't here for fun and games, it's an important category for moderators and administrators.

Why?

This category is important because it's one of the ways the users can send reports of bad users to us. Sure, PM can also be used, but this just another feature because it can sometimes be easier, or our mailboxes get too full. Remember though, don't show any inappropriate content!

So, what are you bragging on about?

I have created this post to tell you what the category 'Reports' is actually for. It has been made clear in the past; since then though, newer people have arrived or people have forgotten about this rule.

Recently, lots of people have been posting news reports in the incorrect category. It is easy to do this however - the name of the category isn't clear on what it's for. It only requires thinking, 'Reports' is for reporting to us bad users. It wasn't made for news reports, news reporters post the news in the 'News' category. So please, take this in mind and use it correctly from now on. If this continues, we might have to start issuing warning points out for it, so please think before you post. If you like posting the news but your not an official news reporter, it's best to use 'The Lounge'.

Remember, anyone can report a player in this category as long as it's appropriate. Any inappropriate reports need to go to a member of staff through PM (private message).

Thanks for reading, and remember this rule! Maybe a new name for that category might help? Not sure, it could be useful.

-Archie.

+1 by Tacofun, Gamer, Bob, Varai and 3 others

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

225 posts
Seen 7th August 2015
5th March 2014, 01:36 PM

Good post Archie! This'll be really helpful for people that post reports in the wrong category.

-IWASBANNED2

+1 by Archie

B19 BOY
Master
2,048 posts
Seen 28th August 2023
5th March 2014, 01:37 PM

Ur right archie this is what reporting is all about great post 1+

+1 by Archie

584 posts
Seen 19th March 2021
5th March 2014, 02:26 PM