19th March 2014

How to keep you position as a staff member!

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
19th March 2014, 04:39 PM

Whatup youtube Damen2988 here
oopz
Hey DSGHQ, Damen here

Are you staff? Do you think you might get demoted if you don't go on as much as you'd like? WELL here's the truth: 24/7 dedication required, if you do not stay on every second your living you will be demoted!

That is NOT TRUE! XD

How to remain a staff member despite my school work, friends and other stuff you regulars do:
The actual truth is, you don't need to be on all the time. I would say an hour on oldcp game (if you are a game mod each day), and frequent visits to the forum if you are a staff on oldcp/forums. You must not just visit, you must post each day too. I would say if there's enough going on, 5 posts in a day would be commendable.

Do not feel your work on OldCP/DSGHQForums is essential to the point of taking too much energy out of your day. Although you should be on a couple hours every week at the least in order to remain mod, you should try to fit everything in moderation.

If you aren't enjoying being a mod, and find it compulsory, then you should consider letting someone else take your position.

So, if you usually have enough time to do OldCP, your chance at mod is increased highly, but if you start to struggle the chance goes down. If you are already staff you should realise enough time is literally an hour per day in total. Less than that is a red zone, but if you go under one hour every now and then, dont worry you can make up your time later.

The only time we demote is when people announce their absence almost with pride to be doing something else *cough war4*, that shows they like to show off their life more than their skills on DSGHQ... Or when you don't post enough and when you don't seem to care/login much.

Ok mods,
Good luck,
Thanks for watching *I mean reading* xd

+1 by Yoyo, Dane Ren, Preston, Grace and 46 others

2,580 posts
Seen 11th November 2019
19th March 2014, 04:43 PM

People just liked this right away.... Take your time and read the great posts he makes! Sorry for being off topic.

+1 by Pencil, Freddy, Thisismyname, Ender Skippy and 1 other

xx
Master
1,573 posts
Seen 4th August 2023
19th March 2014, 04:44 PM

This is very helpful. Well that's good for other staff members to know! I need a start posting again more often :P I only post mostly once or even 0 a day now...

85 posts
Seen 12th June 2015
19th March 2014, 04:45 PM

Thanks Damen for letting the staff know

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
19th March 2014, 04:46 PM

Alright, thanks Damen. I get all panicky when I think I'm online for only two hours. Now I know.

+1 by Kara, TerryDJ, Damen, Yoyo and 1 other
"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

2,442 posts
Seen 26th February 2019
19th March 2014, 04:47 PM

Im sure the staff members can do this. :)

+1 by Pencil

85 posts
Seen 12th June 2015
19th March 2014, 04:53 PM

This is the best CPPS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
19th March 2014, 04:53 PM

That is great to know for all staff. Does this go with administrators as well?

+1 by Pencil and sir Pro1

Kara
Administrator

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
19th March 2014, 04:54 PM

Dan, I mean Damen2988, no I mean Damen,

Okay anyway, thank you for making this post. This now shows me I can spare time for my daily life as well. I have been very sick so hospital visits have been frequent which tends to take away my online time. So hearing we won't be demoted for being inactive makes me feel better. Of course I would only be inactive about 3 times a week due to visits and my daily life. But besides all that I work super hard because I feel as if I myself have to pay my respect to you by moderating your beautiful community. When I was an OldCp moderator I spent hours on OldCp mostly I started from 5:30am-3:00am on the weekends which sounds crazy but I did it because I felt if I had too which I knew I did not but I want to pay my respect to you simply because you'v helped me a ton you gave me so much joy and jobs around here it's truly amazing. My daily time on forums are CRAZY I love the forums so I post a ton each day I help users a ton I work with users and I also typically enjoy posting as much feedback as I possibly can. I want users to succeed so I just pay my respect to my work and you. I'd LOVE to thank you for making me the rank I am today and it's simply an honor. So thank you for that and thanks a ton for making this amazing post. I simply LOVE how you joke around while making this post such as the youtube thing and the boogie2988 mix up which was genius. So thanks you give me such a sense of pride. So thanks a ton :) I shall follow this post. +1

-Thanks, Sadie :)

+1 by CPManiac, Damen, Grace, Chandler and 1 other
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

sof#0717
Master
703 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
19th March 2014, 05:02 PM

I see what you did at the beginning ;)
Thanks Damen for posting your helpful post so mods will not get demoted as much.

+1 by Pencil and Yoyo
When you need me I will be there, count on it.

Imperator.
Master
2,097 posts
Seen 21st September 2020
19th March 2014, 05:07 PM

Nice! I will do all of this if I become a moderator, and I have time to relax if I was a moderator!

+1 by IMAGAMERYT

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
19th March 2014, 05:12 PM

Yep, those are great requirements to consider. It's slightly obvious that you don't need to be on this every moment of your life, it's called common sense XD I regularly post, and enjoy my position in the DSGHQ. Damen, your the owner of this site, you should know the difference between a youtube channel and a forum... :P

+1 by Damen and Pencil

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

Master
5,463 posts
Seen 11th January 2023
19th March 2014, 05:16 PM

If I get promoted or anyone does, come back to this post and then you might never be demoted XD ~Luke

Rookie
3,203 posts
Seen 20th February 2020
19th March 2014, 05:20 PM

I don't know what to say to it. Partly, because none of it conserns me, and partly because posting 5 posts a day if moderating OldCP, doesn't really matter much. But it probably be a different story if you are a Forum moderator.

+1 by Damen and Pencil

The Great
Master
3,983 posts
Seen 10th September 2020
19th March 2014, 05:24 PM

Damen I know why I got demoted. But no offense I think it was a lie that cyber wolf told you. But I will try to re earn mod anyway.

+1 by and Pencil

Login or join the forums to reply.