3rd April 2014

New Law: Age Cap Update

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
3rd April 2014, 01:01 PM

This post was updated. Please take time to read the entire document to ensure you know the orders.

Hello DSGHQ,

I write in behalf of OldCP.biz, regarding a new interior law that outlines a change in the age limit that may play on OldCP.biz.

Here is the law:
"Users aged 17 or over must not play OldCP UNLESS they are aiming for a higher rank."

The law is made by me, in the authority of Cyberwolf. If he denies this law it will be removed but as of yet it hasn't been verified or denied.

This law means, you cannot simply be playing OldCP at the age of 17+, you must be either a moderator, watch brother, captain of the watch, royal bodyguard or administrator OR be aiming for any of the previous ranks. Users that make no effort to earn these ranks on OldCP that are found to be 17+ will be interviewed and may be told to leave.

Moderator Ages
Currently you must be between 12-19 to become a moderator, as outlined by E.R. Cyberwolf.

Administrator Ages
There is no official cap on ages for administrators since only the very best are selected.

Lords/Ladies
This rank means you are honoured greatly by the court of DSGHQ. Lords and Ladies discuss important things together.

Brothers
Brothers are mostly secret unless they are appointed captains.

20+
Over twenty year olds will be immediately removed from OldCP.

EXCEPTIONS
- If the player aged 17+ has learning difficulties such as autism can be excused from this law entirely.
- If the player is favoured by one in authority, they may bypass this law.

Why?
To avoid abuse of children online measures to reduce the age groups of the players must take place to protect the players.

Just keep it secret?
Probably the best option, unless you plan on telling others about your age, you will not be detected.

+1 by Dice, Billy, Megumi Kato, Scott and 15 others

Former Drejk Moderator
1,663 posts
Seen 8th March 2016
3rd April 2014, 01:03 PM

Thank you for changing the age now I can have 1 more year on this thanks again damen~Bill~

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd April 2014, 01:04 PM

Great rule, Damen! I thought the age rule for moderator goes for administrator.

+1 by sir Pro1 and Sophie

Rookie
34 posts
Seen 26th April 2014
3rd April 2014, 01:16 PM

Wow! I shall obey this new law damen! :)

#Yolo Skylark!

122 posts
Seen 27th July 2015
3rd April 2014, 01:16 PM

Okay, thank you for the tip.

+1 by sir Pro1

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
3rd April 2014, 01:19 PM

Ok forget it I changed the law to "EVERYONE MUST PARTY"

+1 by Scott, Archie , sir Pro1, TikiLiki and 6 others

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
3rd April 2014, 01:25 PM

Party time!! :D

I think the new law is great, and well thought out. Good job!

+1 by sir Pro1 and Damen

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
3rd April 2014, 01:33 PM

Damen,

Thank you so much for creating this post now it truly shows where the age requirements lay for us. Honestly the age requirements aren't all that bad because you must think for a moment "well, I am 8 an I know in the future I will mature more and get the chance to obtain so and so." and you must think " ok I am 14-16 and I now can obtain moderator or other ranks but I must now have matured from being 8-10 now I must show I have grown within and out." and then of course if you're 20+ you should be able to say "well I am 20+ in age I must now move on because I know this was fun but I am growing older so I must find a real job then other wise being a by passer on OldCp & the DSGHQ." so these age requirements are honestly spectacular it keeps the forums safer and more neat. I obtained moderator at the age of 13 and I excepted that you must mature over the years. Anyone can say they're 13 but it takes a true sport to tell the truth of being 8-10 because then we as moderators and staff can watch them grow and mature and one-day they might have the chance to become what they always wanted to be. +1

~Nice work, Sadie :)

+1 by sir Pro1, Damen and Starwolf
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

617 posts
Seen 18th October 2015
3rd April 2014, 01:57 PM

But really wouldn't older people be much more mature than kids? Besides,a ton of people can lie about their age.

+1 by Scott, sir Pro1 and Sophie
insert signature here

B19 BOY
Master
2,048 posts
Seen 28th August 2023
3rd April 2014, 02:15 PM

Thanks for making a few changes my age is 12

+1 by sir Pro1

Master
1,827 posts
Seen 19th May 2023
3rd April 2014, 02:26 PM

And i still have all of the requirements in the law.

+1 by sir Pro1 and Sophie

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
3rd April 2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
But really wouldn't older people be much more mature than kids? Besides,a ton of people can lie about their age.
Wise is this counsel, yet I must tell you it is harder to live the lie than tell the lie.

+1 by Archie , Scott, Bailey and Billy

617 posts
Seen 18th October 2015
3rd April 2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Wise is this counsel, yet I must tell you it is harder to live the lie than tell the lie.
Well spoken.

+1 by Dice
insert signature here

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021
3rd April 2014, 04:39 PM

Wait a minute,

You're saying that people who are above 17 can't play because the majority of the player base is young and it's assumed that anyone over 17 may bully younger players? I mean, like when someone turns 17 it's like OOP! CAN'T PLAY OLDCP ANYMORE!

It doesn't matter what age you are, even like 7 year olds and younger people will bully people, not just the older population. I mean, instead of restricting the the age on an online game (this isn't some kid's club or something) if you see someone bullying, despite their age, just ban them. It's that simple. Is it really that difficult to ban these people, and you just put in an age law that they probably won't follow anyway (since they are bullying).

This law probably wouldn't even work out. Someone is 18, logs onto the game, doesn't even know about this rule, and bam, they are banned. They probably would never touch this website again and probably wouldn't even make another account, and they'd just go to another cpps. And even if they are older, what prevents them from lying.

Then again, it's your website, so you can make the rules.

+1 by Lemons, Bailey, Grace, Dark Yagami and 1 other

"Everyone has heard that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know that this is not true."

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
3rd April 2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute,

You're saying that people who are above 17 can't play because the majority of the player base is young and it's assumed that anyone over 17 may bully younger players? I mean, like when someone turns 17 it's like OOP! CAN'T PLAY OLDCP ANYMORE!

It doesn't matter what age you are, even like 7 year olds and younger people will bully people, not just the older population. I mean, instead of restricting the the age on an online game (this isn't some kid's club or something) if you see someone bullying, despite their age, just ban them. It's that simple. Is it really that difficult to ban these people, and you just put in an age law that they probably won't follow anyway (since they are bullying).

This law probably wouldn't even work out. Someone is 18, logs onto the game, doesn't even know about this rule, and bam, they are banned. They probably would never touch this website again and probably wouldn't even make another account, and they'd just go to another cpps. And even if they are older, what prevents them from lying.

Then again, it's your website, so you can make the rules.

You tell everyone in the forum that you quit for good, why still comment if you've quit? I don't want to get off topic here, sorry.

+1 by Bailey and Mohamed

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

Login or join the forums to reply.