13th April 2014

Bane and Rover Misconceptions Explained

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
13th April 2014, 12:46 PM

For quite a while now even the moderator team has been in fear of the awareness of the two names stated above. The common misconceptions about these two people are stated below:

Bane Lies
Can 'hack' passwords
Can 'hack' moderators
Can 'kill' people

Truth
Bane was a character who was made up for the enjoyment of OldCP's Disney Takeover party (Since Disney have takeovers, we thought Disney could be the actual takeover XD) So the evil Bane plotted to bomb the town for evil Mickey who served the Dark Lord Morgoth. In the end Mickey bombed the dojo but was trapped by Damen and his army and was successfully killed. Then later on Morgoth was trapped and successfully defeated.

Bane of Rile5. Bane of Rile5 is a friend of mine and known administrator of Rile5.com. I asked for his permission to use his name in the role play of the Disney Takeover. He accepted and I used his name for this evil character.
Fact: Bane has never appeared in character, all the Bane(s) ever seen on oldcp were moderator abusers who changed the Bane account password or registered the account without permission.

So, Bane never existed out-of-character on OldCP.biz, and is not a hacker. If you ever saw a Penguin with the name 'Bane' saying that sort of thing like 'I will hack' or stuff, it wasn't the real Bane of Rile5. In-fact he has only visited OldCP once or twice over the past 2 years. Even ask Lord Bane.

Did Bane make OldCP?
Bane did contribute to the creation of the v2 and v8/9 website design. He only ever designed the websites of these two editions, but did not do any further work on OldCP.biz. The rest was all created by myself, Damen.

Rover the Scarlet
Rover is allot more complicated than Bane, particularly because Rover is a real person. The misconceptions of Rover are stated below.

Rover Lies
Can hack
Owns a criminal gang on OldCP
Possesses an infinite amount of guns and ammunition
Was always Roleplay from the beginning
Can evade bans

Truth
Rover otherwise known as Scarlet, is a player of OldCP since v2/3. The original identity and gender was known as male and Rover. Rover played as one of the first 'Ninja' agents of OldCP. Rover then abused his powers which lead to demotion. Later on me and some old staff became friends with Rover and decided to include him in the 'next thing' after the Disney Takeover. This was the Crimezone, which went on at some length. Unfortunately Rover abused my trust and we fell out again which lead to him abusing his powers. When Rover decided to become a female for whatever personal reasons, she used the name Scarlet and just became an abuser and rule breaker.

Another popular mis-conception is the event that took place when I decided to test a certain ex-turncoat Tennis the old fashioned way. Without Scarlet knowing I used her old Rover identity to convince the players of OldCP that she was the new Empress. Tennis killed Rover in this 'roleplay test' and became an Empress Slayer. Unfortunately, still we don't know why, Tennis abused his powers after an attempt at demoting him for doing a bad job at his new admin title. Afterwards, when everything was sorted out, people started believing I was Rover all along, which made it difficult for Scarlet to play oldcp without being bullied. I decided to give her a new name from my favourite TV show, and she became a hand guard of the Emperor Cyberwolf. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what happened but Scarlet abused that aswell and lost the rank of hand guard and became a turncoat.

Summary
Bane doesn't exist, he was just a made up character for a long gone OldCP party. The real Bane is a nice guy from rile5/cppscentral who helped OldCP by designing the website and let me use his awesome batman name for oldcp's dramaparty.

Scarlet is an untrustworthy person, who abused every rank she was given. Allot of confusing things that I don't know happened on oldcp about Rover, but Scarlet is behind it all.

I don't want to hear any more "OH BANE IS GAMER" or "BANE WILL HACK US!" or "ROVER IS A MURDERER" or "CLEGANE SHOT ME". This is the truth and all the truth.

Let's stop thinking these lies are true and just play oldcp.biz and enjoy DSGHQ.

+1 by Billy, OoBubblesoO, Nintendo, Harrypot9 and 38 others

Former Drejk Moderator
1,663 posts
Seen 8th March 2016
13th April 2014, 12:48 PM

Thank you Emperor Damen for explaining this maybe we can now get along as a community and not cause drama

+1 by nonpotato, sir Pro1, Cheep, Maggie and 1 other

Master
5,463 posts
Seen 11th January 2023
13th April 2014, 12:50 PM

Yay! We are free from the dead! How about all them innocent dead penguin though? -Luke

+1 by sir Pro1

2,580 posts
Seen 11th November 2019
13th April 2014, 12:53 PM

I only thought Gamer was shot by Clegane because I was told by Terry.

+1 by sir Pro1

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
13th April 2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Yay! We are free from the dead! How about all them innocent dead penguin though? -Luke
Um they all got revived...

+1 by Kara, sir Pro1 and Cheep

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
13th April 2014, 12:56 PM

Now I understand all of this confusion perfectly. Thank you, Emperor Damen, for letting us know all of the information that occurred and explaining them.

heyhey
Master
1,248 posts
Seen 27th June 2022
13th April 2014, 01:02 PM

Thank you Damen for clearing this up for us. This was starting to get out of hand and confuzzling.

+1 by Harrypot9
Beautiful signatures made by the amazing Tasha v

This one's made by the incredible Sparklz

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
13th April 2014, 01:04 PM

At last! Now nobody has an excuse to form this sort of drama. I'm still quite shocked that the moderator team joined in. Well said Damen, you made it clear.

+1 by Kara, Sophie and Damen

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
13th April 2014, 01:09 PM

Thank you for explaining this, I did not know Scarlet was a real person.. this uncovered a lot of answers to me. This will eliminate excuses that get users out of punishment. I shall make sure users do not use this, or try and impersonate Rover or Bane.

+1 by Ellie, Damen and Archie

Kara
Administrator

Banned
2,224 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
13th April 2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
For quite a while now even the moderator team has been in fear of the awareness of the two names stated above. The common misconceptions about these two people are stated below:

Bane Lies

Can 'hack' passwords

Can 'hack' moderators

Can 'kill' people

Truth

Bane was a character who was made up for the enjoyment of OldCP's Disney Takeover party (Since Disney have takeovers, we thought Disney could be the actual takeover XD) So the evil Bane plotted to bomb the town for evil Mickey who served the Dark Lord Morgoth. In the end Mickey bombed the dojo but was trapped by Damen and his army and was successfully killed. Then later on Morgoth was trapped and successfully defeated.

Bane of Rile5. Bane of Rile5 is a friend of mine and known administrator of Rile5.com. I asked for his permission to use his name in the role play of the Disney Takeover. He accepted and I used his name for this evil character.

Fact: Bane has never appeared in character, all the Bane(s) ever seen on oldcp were moderator abusers who changed the Bane account password or registered the account without permission.

So, Bane never existed out-of-character on OldCP.biz, and is not a hacker. If you ever saw a Penguin with the name 'Bane' saying that sort of thing like 'I will hack' or stuff, it wasn't the real Bane of Rile5. In-fact he has only visited OldCP once or twice over the past 2 years. Even ask Lord Bane.

Did Bane make OldCP?

Bane did contribute to the creation of the v2 and v8/9 website design. He only ever designed the websites of these two editions, but did not do any further work on OldCP.biz. The rest was all created by myself, Damen.

Rover the Scarlet

Rover is allot more complicated than Bane, particularly because Rover is a real person. The misconceptions of Rover are stated below.

Rover Lies

Can hack

Owns a criminal gang on OldCP

Possesses an infinite amount of guns and ammunition

Was always Roleplay from the beginning

Can evade bans

Truth

Rover otherwise known as Scarlet, is a player of OldCP since v2/3. The original identity and gender was known as male and Rover. Rover played as one of the first 'Ninja' agents of OldCP. Rover then abused his powers which lead to demotion. Later on me and some old staff became friends with Rover and decided to include him in the 'next thing' after the Disney Takeover. This was the Crimezone, which went on at some length. Unfortunately Rover abused my trust and we fell out again which lead to him abusing his powers. When Rover decided to become a female for whatever personal reasons, she used the name Scarlet and just became an abuser and rule breaker.

Another popular mis-conception is the event that took place when I decided to test a certain ex-turncoat Tennis the old fashioned way. Without Scarlet knowing I used her old Rover identity to convince the players of OldCP that she was the new Empress. Tennis killed Rover in this 'roleplay test' and became an Empress Slayer. Unfortunately, still we don't know why, Tennis abused his powers after an attempt at demoting him for doing a bad job at his new admin title. Afterwards, when everything was sorted out, people started believing I was Rover all along, which made it difficult for Scarlet to play oldcp without being bullied. I decided to give her a new name from my favourite TV show, and she became a hand guard of the Emperor Cyberwolf. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what happened but Scarlet abused that aswell and lost the rank of hand guard and became a turncoat.

Summary

Bane doesn't exist, he was just a made up character for a long gone OldCP party. The real Bane is a nice guy from rile5/cppscentral who helped OldCP by designing the website and let me use his awesome batman name for oldcp's dramaparty.

Scarlet is an untrustworthy person, who abused every rank she was given. Allot of confusing things that I don't know happened on oldcp about Rover, but Scarlet is behind it all.

I don't want to hear any more "OH BANE IS GAMER" or "BANE WILL HACK US!" or "ROVER IS A MURDERER" or "CLEGANE SHOT ME". This is the truth and all the truth.

Let's stop thinking these lies are true and just play oldcp.biz and enjoy DSGHQ.
Thank you Damen for that speech. So bane was played by you? And scarlet/rover just was the normal her/him.

Master
538 posts
Seen 4th July 2019
13th April 2014, 01:15 PM

Amen.. After all, this is supposed to be a community of players sharing a love for this virtual world.
Kick back, and enjoy all the amazing things Damen creates.
MrLion

+1 by Bailey and Harrypot9

and i was stressed out.
2,308 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
13th April 2014, 01:16 PM

Yay thanks Damen but l thought you said you were Rover if lm wrong sorry it didn't get this someone else told me

twenty one pilots is cool.

Master
538 posts
Seen 4th July 2019
13th April 2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Yay thanks Damen but l thought you said you were Rover if lm wrong sorry it didn't get this someone else told me
As Damen said, please read the post carefully...
Rover is a real person.
Yet, he played as her AFTER she abused her powers.

+1 by Damen and Archie

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
13th April 2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:

As Damen said, please read the post carefully...

Rover is a real person.

Yet, he played as her AFTER she abused her powers.

Quite so.
Quote:
Thank you Damen for that speech. So bane was played by you? And scarlet/rover just was the normal her/him.

Bane was never actually a penguin on OldCP, just a character in the story. As I said, if you've seen penguins with the name Bane, they were just posers.

+1 by Kara, Chandler and Cheep

Veteran
Master
3,713 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
13th April 2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I only thought Gamer was shot by Clegane because I was told by Terry.

Gamer told me.

Login or join the forums to reply.