Unwritten Mod Commitments

Made by Hashir in Announcements

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd July 2014, 06:21 PM

Hey,

Moderator is a job that probably everyone here will want, and as a former moderator, I'm going to tell you things you should consider before you choose to apply for moderator. I know it's to late but whatever. This is for oldcp.

1. Be ready to help everyone under ALL circumstances.
2. Follow the rules.
- You're a moderator, you should follow them yourself
3. Use your powers wisely.
4. Don't abuse your powers even though you will undo it 5 seconds later.
5. Stress will be with you, so be ready for it.
6. Have fun, but do stay serious sometimes.
7. Try to actually moderate, and that means, don't go anywhere you want for fun.
8. Moderating means, watching what people say so you can use your powers to it. Try to limit reports, because that will show you're doing your job, and it will give less stress.
9. Multitasking isn't recommended for mods.
10. Think of moderator as a privilege, not a free power.
11. Moderators shall not explain any Moderator panel content in public. (TY Zet)
12. Whether moderators are playing around or not, act appropriately, not inappropriately. (TY name)
13. Moderators are a role-model, so be a leader, not a follower.

+1 by TwentyTwoPilots, Zeternal, CPManiac, Sam and 36 others
"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

and i was stressed out.
2,308 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
22nd July 2014, 06:27 PM

Yes a lot of mods don't really moderate they just have fun on the walls (Not being mean)

+1 by Zeternal, lana and Annie
twenty one pilots is cool.

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Seen 23rd December 2018
22nd July 2014, 06:29 PM

Awesome post Hashir! +1

Also, another thing is that they CANNOT tell any features about the mod panel.

-Zarenet

MY MOD APP:http://forums.damenspike.com/view/20226-/

MY DET APP:http://forums.damenspike.com/view/21056-/

Thank you, Sampopxxx101! :)

Knights Army! More info: http://forums.damenspike.com/KnightsArmy Thanks Away/Wisp for the signature! :D
Thanks Yoyo for le awesome comic! :D Thanks Sampopxxx for the signature! :D Thanks suzy for the boss signature! :D
Thanks Lloyd for dis sig! ;)
Behold the sig of 2015!! Thanks Foxeh!!
[/center

LolOLoloOOLOLLoLlLol
765 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
22nd July 2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Yes a lot of mods don't really moderate they just have fun on the walls (Not being mean)
I totally agree XD

+1 by Zeternal and Annie

Veteran
Master
3,713 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd July 2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:

I didn't do fun about being on wall.. I just wanted to work like moderating.

+1 by poptropica10

2,178 posts
Seen 30th November 2021
22nd July 2014, 07:21 PM

Amazing! Most people just want moderator for fame, attention, and powers. But this would be great requierments because users may understand what moderator really is. And most mods just have fun on walls like Andrew said. So this is a great list of commitments. Minty you should do one for Admin soon! I would not mind seeing admin commitments! +1 ~Starwolf~

+1 by Jacobg627, Zeternal and Annie

Imperator.
Master
2,097 posts
Seen 21st September 2020
22nd July 2014, 08:22 PM

I really don't want to be a OldCP moderator.
I would rather be a forums moderator.

Anyways, great post.
Usually, mods don't actually moderate.

1,384 posts
Seen 22nd July 2015
22nd July 2014, 08:32 PM

Great unwritten commitments! People can really use these to see if they really are everything a Moderator needs!
~Angi :)

+1 by Zeternal

Former Moderator - Master - Friendly user <3
Don't hesitate to come to me if you need anything.

Master
1,761 posts
Seen 22nd December 2022
22nd July 2014, 09:03 PM

To be honest, Some of the mods DO goof off sometimes. Like sometimes in the middle of the day during "Penguin Rush Hour" (when thre are over 110 users online) there are about 3 mods online. Then all of a sudden their hosting a gold comp in the office with like 15 people, while I'm answering a lot of questions and they're having a bunch of fun in the office havbinbg a goldcomp for like 15 users. 95 other users are asking me questions and iI try to keep up. Yes moderator may seem easy to users, and to mods as well. But those mods need to work harder I they think moderating is easy. And the users who think its easy, trust me it isn't. It is really hard work. So thank you Minty for this post, not only will it help form a new mod, but it'll form mods right now who think this job is easy into better mods. So again thank you Minty for this post.

+1 by Hashir, Zeternal, Annie, Nintendo and 2 others

~Wanna be my friend? Subscribe to #KeyFriends
~Do you wanna tryout for the Freehawks? Subscribe to #Freehawks
~Goals:
-Become Forum Mod
-Become OldCP Mod. (When it comes back).
-Reach 3,000 posts by the end of the year.
-More go as soon.

Master
1,175 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
22nd July 2014, 11:48 PM

YES.

YESYESYESYESYES.

PERFECT RULES. NO EXPLANATION NEEDED. +1 FOR YOU, GOOD SIR!

+1 by Pencil and Zeternal
"I've failed over and over and over all my life, and that is why I succeed."

Epic Signature by Thisismyname

Awesome signature by Courtney6

Ahoy! Me and my good friend Rockhopper!

LUCKY PICTURE!

Me and Damen, a rare sight! :D

Thanks, Cherry123!

Nice job, Bailey!

Awesome job, Gamer!

King Regent Cyberwolf of Snaildom!

Another impressive masterpiece by Gamer!

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021
23rd July 2014, 02:11 AM

Should you add something about acting appropriately, after all moderators reflect on the image of oldcp. A game with crappy moderators will show a bad image on the game.

And honestly guys, you are saying moderating is really hard, but from my experience it really isn't that hard. Of course it isn't easy, but I think you guys are exaggerating it a bit..

@key
part of a moderators job is keeping people entertained. hosting events such as gold competitions gives people something to do.

+1 by Pencil, Key, Annie, Zeternal and 2 others

"Everyone has heard that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know that this is not true."

1,314 posts
Seen 26th October 2015
23rd July 2014, 05:45 AM

Well this is a good post some Moderators never listen to me and they just ignore me :/ Some mods abuse their powers for them to do something THEY want.

Master
1,761 posts
Seen 22nd December 2022
23rd July 2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Should you add something about acting appropriately, after all moderators reflect on the image of oldcp. A game with crappy moderators will show a bad image on the game.

And honestly guys, you are saying moderating is really hard, but from my experience it really isn't that hard. Of course it isn't easy, but I think you guys are exaggerating it a bit..

@key

part of a moderators job is keeping people entertained. hosting events such as gold competitions gives people something to do.

I do know that, but I mean almost every single day, like early in the morning when the users asking question ratio is lower sure go ahead, mods could have a gold comp. But I am talking about the middle of the day, when that ratio goes up, and your the only mod that is in the most popular place of oldcp trying to answer as many questions as you can.

So when it comes to that point, that's when moderating can be pretty tough. Beforehand, back in v6 & v7 when you were a mod Name there weren't 100 users online a day, and I could tell. But ever since oldcp went into v9 we've been hitting over 120 users during the middle of the day, and 99% of those users are at the town. Moderating has changed ever since v 6, v7, and believe it or not v8 as well. On the forums and oldcp, with an increasingly amount of new accounts made each day. I think ever since oldcp started back up again in January we've already topped our old record of accounts from v1 - v7. So Name, mods can do gold comps every once in awhile whenever there isn't like 100 users on, but not in the situation where there are over 100 users online.

I do understand what your point is name, but sometimes there are many users who ask questions to the point where there needs to be another mod at the same place to help out.

+1 by Pencil, Annie and Zeternal

~Wanna be my friend? Subscribe to #KeyFriends
~Do you wanna tryout for the Freehawks? Subscribe to #Freehawks
~Goals:
-Become Forum Mod
-Become OldCP Mod. (When it comes back).
-Reach 3,000 posts by the end of the year.
-More go as soon.

Cat lover
Master
1,721 posts
Seen 2nd January 2022
23rd July 2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I really don't want to be a OldCP moderator.

I would rather be a forums moderator.

Anyways, great post.

Usually, mods don't actually moderate.
yes i didnt feel that way for a while but forums moderator would be a bit wiser for my colony but being a moderator does seem to be a big thing but its response on ..... nvm
point is some moderators are remembered some on the 2nd day demoted and some who betrayed us
im not sure if how much i could take on level

+1 by Pencil and Annie

[/spoiler] [/center]

i am forever thankful Zeternal :)

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021
23rd July 2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:

@key

I do know that, but I mean almost every single day, like early in the morning when the users asking question ratio is lower sure go ahead, mods could have a gold comp. But I am talking about the middle of the day, when that ratio goes up, and your the only mod that is in the most popular place of oldcp trying to answer as many questions as you can.

So when it comes to that point, that's when moderating can be pretty tough. Beforehand, back in v6 & v7 when you were a mod Name there weren't 100 users online a day, and I could tell. But ever since oldcp went into v9 we've been hitting over 120 users during the middle of the day, and 99% of those users are at the town. Moderating has changed ever since v 6, v7, and believe it or not v8 as well. On the forums and oldcp, with an increasingly amount of new accounts made each day. I think ever since oldcp started back up again in January we've already topped our old record of accounts from v1 - v7. So Name, mods can do gold comps every once in awhile whenever there isn't like 100 users on, but not in the situation where there are over 100 users online.

I do understand what your point is name, but sometimes there are many users who ask questions to the point where there needs to be another mod at the same place to help out.

Wait, they are hosting gold comps without any backup moderators?
Now I seee. Usually I'd only host one if tons of mods were on, but from what you are saying, only a couple are online.

+1 by Key and Zeternal

"Everyone has heard that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know that this is not true."

Login or join the forums to reply.