Game of Mods Winner - Summer 2014

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
27th July 2014, 09:20 PM

Hello,

I haven't written a review on a moderator competition before really, but I would like to do so today.

After hosting what is now 1 year of moderator competitions, it has always been VERY difficult to win. Certainly, team leaders are thrown out, don't win or get any credit for their teams. Sometimes a winner has already been in mind before the final begins.

But this year was different, there were so many potential winners, so many strong users. Let's talk about what we now know to be the winner. But this is not an ordinary winner.

Chexxie
After the competition was over I had a brief moment with her on the TV as I interviewed her. I also managed to capture some of her quotes. Did you know she joined 2 months ago?

Well, new users have quickly earned mod before, but not like Chexxie. She made her own team that nobody really saw before at a Game of mods, Wizards.

Before the competition began, I interviewed the team on a pre competition preparation show, and the new Wizards seemed different. Chex knew how to manage her friends. When the competition started, she challenged Freehawks and came out winner by 1 point. She won Stage 1!

Then after that I interviewed her on TV, she thought she may have another lucky chance tomorrow... well, she only won Stage 2 :O

She was far in the lead with 7 points leaving the big Freehawks down by 2.

Stage 3 was clearly a fight between the Freehawks and Wizards, and by the final group task Wizards had a 1 score advantage over the big Freehawk team.

Past comps show the biggest usually destroy everyone else, but Chex didn't let that happen. She won a draw on Stage 5 and claimed the winning team of this competition!

And that wasn't enough for her, she went on for the next hour of the game, and completely shook it and won mod!

That's outstanding, usually nothing inspires be but that did.

Thank you

Damen

+1 by Zeternal, sarah, IceeSofie, Joe and 16 others

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Seen 23rd December 2018
27th July 2014, 09:23 PM

Yes, congrats Chexxie! Also, congrats for the first time writing a mod comp review! It has been AMAZING how Chexxie has lead the team to victory and she was a new user from 2 months ago! I would say REALLY REALLY amazing! :D +1

-Zarenet

MY MOD APP:http://forums.damenspike.com/view/20226-/

MY DET APP:http://forums.damenspike.com/view/21056-/

Thank you, Sampopxxx101! :)

Knights Army! More info: http://forums.damenspike.com/KnightsArmy Thanks Away/Wisp for the signature! :D
Thanks Yoyo for le awesome comic! :D Thanks Sampopxxx for the signature! :D Thanks suzy for the boss signature! :D
Thanks Lloyd for dis sig! ;)
Behold the sig of 2015!! Thanks Foxeh!!
[/center

The One and Only.
282 posts
Seen 15th June 2023
27th July 2014, 09:25 PM

Chexxie really was outstanding at the mod comp. I'm happy for her c: +1

+1 by Zeternal and Annie

The One and Only.
282 posts
Seen 15th June 2023
27th July 2014, 09:26 PM

Chexxie really was outstanding at the mod comp. I'm happy for her c:

Veteran
Master
927 posts
Seen 28th August 2023
27th July 2014, 09:28 PM

Congratulations Chexxie. And Damen thank you so much for another opportunity! Now its my second as a finalist and i hope i get a 3rd chance. I will never let you down. Thank you for those nice words you said also! I felt so special for a minute :3

Dancebear

Close Friends

- Abushekaus, The PCC Crew, Malorie, Harrison, Zeshan -

sof#0717
Master
703 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
27th July 2014, 09:30 PM

I am very proud of Chexxie, she is a unique person and I can't wait to see her as a moderator.

Damen, I wanted to thank you for hosting this mod comp, it's been a great experience. It means a lot that you took the time to do this for us, it really does. Once again, thank you so much. ~Sofie

+1 by Just in Time, Jacks and Pls
When you need me I will be there, count on it.

Master
1,761 posts
Seen 22nd December 2022
27th July 2014, 09:42 PM

Damen, so far I think this has been the best mod comp by far. It was really fun as a judge and I hope to be able to judge for the Fall Game Of Mods too!

~Wanna be my friend? Subscribe to #KeyFriends
~Do you wanna tryout for the Freehawks? Subscribe to #Freehawks
~Goals:
-Become Forum Mod
-Become OldCP Mod. (When it comes back).
-Reach 3,000 posts by the end of the year.
-More go as soon.

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
27th July 2014, 10:26 PM

Outstanding,
These competitions inspire me, they inspire me to do better and achieve more goals. I've had my time as Moderator and it was something to always keep in mind and to always remember. I haven't competed in many competitions lately first one was because I didn't need Moderator, and I wanted sometime to re fuel and become even more stronger in the future and that I did I obtained Moderator shortly after not following my demotion. The second time I decided not to compete because I felt I had no use too, I was just demoted so why try if I was recently punished, now this third time I was going to compete but oddly enough everyday I missed it the first day I had an emergency due to my nephew falling and having to get rushed to the ER, and then the second day I made it to the second task and boom I had to leave due to another emergency, and the final day, which is today I saw the time it was my chance to prove myself once more and then when I went to go on my laptop my laptop was black and randomly froze I tried everything so finally I said "mom lets go to rite-aid, they have a cord I need" and that we did but the time we arrived back home was the time the finalists were chosen I was devastated. So I believe it's telling me something perhaps the hard way is the best way. I shall continue proving myself loyal until one day you believe I have achieved it once more :) I believe they're fun competitions hardly any fighting which is amazing. So to close this allow me to say congratulations Chex on your promotion, and Damen nicely done I enjoyed what I got to see it was an honor who knows maybe I could return someday ;D have a fantastic day everyone.

~Sadie~

+1 by bakon
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Master
1,175 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
27th July 2014, 11:02 PM

I am proud of Chexxie for her achievements and showed she was more than capable of taking on the biggest names in OldCP.

I would also like to thank you, Damen, for your support on everyone else in the competition.

"I've failed over and over and over all my life, and that is why I succeed."

Epic Signature by Thisismyname

Awesome signature by Courtney6

Ahoy! Me and my good friend Rockhopper!

LUCKY PICTURE!

Me and Damen, a rare sight! :D

Thanks, Cherry123!

Nice job, Bailey!

Awesome job, Gamer!

King Regent Cyberwolf of Snaildom!

Another impressive masterpiece by Gamer!

trix are for kids
430 posts
Seen 24th February 2021
27th July 2014, 11:10 PM

Thank you so much Damen this means a lot to me.

Anime and Manga Lover
643 posts
Seen 5th February 2016
27th July 2014, 11:16 PM

Great job on the mod comp chex!

+1 by Mystery

Soul Eater :3

YES
Master
2,119 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
28th July 2014, 03:55 AM

This is outstanding from Chexxie she is a inspiring person only joining 2 months ago congrats Chexxie and well done :)

learn from me

#CutestPersonAlive
1,887 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
28th July 2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
im happy for her NOT

Mrmico, you deserve to be banned. Stop being so rude. She worked hard on mod unlike you.

+1 by Nintendo
* play gitaroo man. my final message. gootbye.

2,442 posts
Seen 26th February 2019
28th July 2014, 07:54 AM

Damen,

1 year of hosting moderator competitions!!! That's amazing. This community survived with your active ness and events. Your community is hard to leave because of how addicting it is! I bet many users agree with me. I would like to thank you for hosting all these competitions and events just for us. Even though Scarlet and the iceghosts interrupted our sessions and other, we are still strong.g supports each other, and has such amazing people in it. I really look forward to staying way longer, or until it has to shut down.

~Rawr

Login or join the forums to reply.