10th January 2015

Assuming Affairs

Made by Damen in Announcements

Donec mors nos separaveri
1,013 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
10th January 2015, 04:38 PM

I agree, Emperor Damen. Some banned people know what they have done, and they make another profile and say why they were banned and that it was unfair. If someone is banned, there is a reason why they are banned. If the player actually didn't do anything wrong and was banned for an unfair reason (for example, Faygo), they are un-banned as soon as possible. What also annoys me is, the person that got banned makes another account and writes why his/her friend's profile was banned, but the profile that was banned was his/her profile! I mean, if you're going to argue about why you were banned, at least don't lie that it was your "friend's" account. Just admit it. If you did do something wrong, Damen's or any other administrator's forgiveness may give you another chance, but any rank you have will be removed. Like Emperor Damen said, 95% of the bans are fair. The %5 unfair bans may be glitches, misunderstandings, personal reasons and stuff. The DSHQ isn't that type of game where moderators act like they are better than everyone else, and where the bans are 90% unfair. No, DSHQ isn't like that. DSHQ is a fair game. If you did do something wrong, then don't waste your time arguing that you should be unbanned. You know you did something wrong. But if you are sure that you were banned unfairly, then fight for your right (as in explain what happened to the staff).

-Orbay

+1 by Nativequeen, Bp28, Bailey, Bri and 2 others

2,178 posts
Seen 30th November 2021
10th January 2015, 04:45 PM

Agreed! Everyone will just lie and fib in there appeals saying "Oh I was banned for no reason!" Truthfully there is always a reason. You can complain all you want but there is. You may say you were banned for no reason all you want. But you know that you were banned for a reason. Or always get a comment saying "You were banned for a reason." +1

+1 by Mercer and trixie

224 posts
Seen 17th March 2015
10th January 2015, 04:50 PM

Damen wrote on 10th January 2015 03:42 PM:
Hello I am writing about a new issue that has popped up lately.

Some people have started rants or written expressions asking why a paticular person is banned and basically assuming that the person has been banned for no reason.

This is exactly what happens:
You/someone goes onto someones profile and it says 'Banned' next to Rank.

You don't know why. Exactly! You don't know why, so you can't just assume that it was unfair.

95% of bans are fair, and if you need a proper reason, mail me and I'll give you it before you start complaining and spreading a false rumour of abuse

The point is, if you sometimes don't know why something has happened, don't assume that the admins and mods are corrupt and you are all being bossed around unfairly, because that is something we'd never want!

(I dont blame everyone for doing this, sorry but theres no other way to say 'you')

Thank you for reading!

Agreed. People shouldn't be assuming something that isn't true.

Do not walk in front of me, i may not follow.
Do not walk behind me, i may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.

I <3 game of thrones

Rookie
24 posts
Seen 20th January 2015
10th January 2015, 04:56 PM

Damen wrote on 10th January 2015 03:44 PM:
Bashy said on 10th January 2015 03:44 PM:
Possibly they want to know more about their ban I guess?

Yep, all they need to do is mail me and ask.

But rookies can't send mail, so what happens then?

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
10th January 2015, 05:51 PM

Emperor Orchardtop wrote on 10th January 2015 03:44 PM:
Thank you damen But I would like to ask why users were suspended yesterday including me there has to be a reason

One hour after I announced that PLug was banned, you were still on the Plug chat room.
Nativequeen wrote on 10th January 2015 04:56 PM:
But rookies can't send mail, so what happens then?

Good point, I think I will add a reason system for banned users.

+1 by Starwolf, Kara, Cheep, Nativequeen and 3 others

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
10th January 2015, 05:54 PM

They just want to have more info on there ban thats all.

Rookie
24 posts
Seen 20th January 2015
10th January 2015, 06:22 PM

Damen wrote on 10th January 2015 05:51 PM:
Emperor Orchardtop said on 10th January 2015 03:44 PM:
Nativequeen said on 10th January 2015 04:56

Good point, I think I will add a reason system for banned users.

Thanks, Damen. That way it will be a bit easier for everyone to find out the reason of why they were banned, including the rookies.

1,384 posts
Seen 22nd July 2015
10th January 2015, 06:27 PM

Thank you Damen for posting this. Most of the time, users often don't know the real side of the story so they assume that the friend of theirs did nothing wrong. When really, their friend broke one of the rules and needed to lean their lesson. I suggest that instead of making a whole post about it, they inform a staff member and they will explain to them the full story. I believe the Moderators in game and on forums know what they are doing.

+1 by Damen

Former Moderator - Master - Friendly user <3
Don't hesitate to come to me if you need anything.

what in the godamn
833 posts
Seen 21st March 2023
10th January 2015, 06:46 PM

Very true. But just one thing, My account 'Rahls' is in jail. I'm not saying for no reason, but I've only been on that account twice, and when I tried to go on it, it was in jail. I am not saying for no reason, but the only reasons I have recently went on it was because I needed to show Estebon he isn't the only one XD But anyway, could you relese it? I am not sure who arrested it, but that would be really helpful. Now back to the topic, When they say 'for no reason' I don't 100% agree with that. Everything has a reason, unless it was simply a mistake. Nobody is perfect.
~Maybe~

Hi I'm Maybe. I swim a lot. Then I eat a lot. then I sleep. then repeat.

Picture time :D!

http://prntscr.com/4hy28i

http://prntscr.com/4hy23o [url=ht[im

Thank you so much Macyyy!

Thank ye Macyy!! Again! XD

[img[http://damenspike.com/meme/memes/6y7dd2n.png[/img]
I love swimming

Thank you,
~Maybetta~

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
10th January 2015, 08:17 PM

Just Maybe wrote on 10th January 2015 06:46 PM:
Very true. But just one thing, My account 'Rahls' is in jail. I'm not saying for no reason, but I've only been on that account twice, and when I tried to go on it, it was in jail. I am not saying for no reason, but the only reasons I have recently went on it was because I needed to show Estebon he isn't the only one But anyway, could you relese it? I am not sure who arrested it, but that would be really helpful. Now back to the topic, When they say 'for no reason' I don't 100% agree with that. Everything has a reason, unless it was simply a mistake. Nobody is perfect.
~Maybe~
Rahls was an account that was suspected to have been Tornado's backup account. I will unarrest ASAP.

I don't think you have time to answer all the mails; perhaps make a feature where when a mod bans/suspends, they put a reason which will go in the feed/on their profile.

"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

what in the godamn
833 posts
Seen 21st March 2023
10th January 2015, 08:25 PM

Hashir wrote on 10th January 2015 08:17 PM:
Just Maybe said on 10th January 2015 06:46 PM:
Very true. But just one thing, My account 'Rahls' is in jail. I'm not saying for no reason, but I've only been on that account twice, and when I tried to go on it, it was in jail. I am not saying for no reason, but the only reasons I have recently went on it was because I needed to show Estebon he isn't the only one But anyway, could you relese it? I am not sure who arrested it, but that would be really helpful. Now back to the topic, When they say 'for no reason' I don't 100% agree with that. Everything has a reason, unless it was simply a mistake. Nobody is perfect.
~Maybe~

Rahls was an account that was suspected to have been Tornado's backup account. I will unarrest ASAP.

I don't think you have time to answer all the mails; perhaps make a feature where when a mod bans/suspends, they put a reason which will go in the feed/on their profile.
Thank you so much Hashir.
~Maybe~

Hi I'm Maybe. I swim a lot. Then I eat a lot. then I sleep. then repeat.

Picture time :D!

http://prntscr.com/4hy28i

http://prntscr.com/4hy23o [url=ht[im

Thank you so much Macyyy!

Thank ye Macyy!! Again! XD

[img[http://damenspike.com/meme/memes/6y7dd2n.png[/img]
I love swimming

Thank you,
~Maybetta~

your uber driver
Master
1,538 posts
Seen 31st May 2023
10th January 2015, 09:36 PM

More like 50% of the bans are unfair, because of the bot.

+1 by ian, Bailey and trixie
so long, goodbye, and good luck.

Rookie
24 posts
Seen 20th January 2015
10th January 2015, 10:48 PM

Frozo wrote on 10th January 2015 09:36 PM:
More like 50% of the bans are unfair, because of the bot.

That's because Cyberwolf programmed it that way, and the xat can also affect Oldcp. So that's why the bot is there, just to make sure that no one spams. Because spamming on the xat can make Oldcp slower.

Rap Diablo
Master
3,463 posts
Seen 30th September 2022
11th January 2015, 09:19 AM

Wow, people making a big deal about everything... AGAIN

Banned
1,602 posts
Seen 28th September 2024
11th January 2015, 10:44 AM

Really why do some people do that because well sometimes they may not be right. But if you have proof that it was unfair then you may be right...
~Zeldamaster~

Login or join the forums to reply.