Moderator Competition Plans

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
16th November 2013, 05:15 PM

Hello,

Have you ever tried logging onto oldcp and finding that it won't load? It just says Connecting forever?

That is because the database server that the game server is programmed to use to check if you got your password right won't work. That means I have to come on (which could take many hours until i realise) and reboot it.

Have you ever tried to login to oldcp but it says Timed out?

That is because the server that is supposed to make it possible to talk to other penguins around the world is dead and the precautions used to tackle the server from being left dead have failed. That takes me to re-start and diagnose the issue.

Have you ever been playing oldcp, all all of a sudden it says 'Connection Lost'?

That is because the server has died during your time using it. Recently, it's most likely because of a serious problem in the code/machine that made it die. If the machine can't restart it itself, I need to do it. Which probably causes problem #2 to arise for a considerable amount of time.

Recently, all 3 of these problems have been happening ALOT especially over the last 2 days. And with the planned moderator competition this weekend, these circumstances make it virtually impossible to have fun.

In the best interest of having a great time, and realising new stuff and making new mods, we must wait until next weekend. I'm stalling again because there's still a possible problem with the database (although just before this i just started a new trick that might nail the problem forever). With problems like these, the moderator competition cannot happen.

It is very saddening to me to see these problems happen, and after countless efforts to stop them, problems that still continue can get worse and cause even more stress and difficulty.

Things have definitely improved today though, and we might even be fixed for good. The only way we can tell if we are fixed for good is if the server stays up all night, all day and forever until I restart it for a PROPER update that means more than just background maintenance to you guys.

Anyway, I am proud to announce the moderator competition will:

Begin next Week on Friday 22nd at 5PM USA, 11 PM UK (daylight saving hours)

See you then! Plenty more time to be prepared, and you might be able to make plans around the situated date too.

- Damen Spike

+1 by Gaf, Frogs, Megumi Kato, Dice and 19 others

578 posts
16th November 2013, 05:19 PM

ok cya on friday again lol

+1 by LivinFurry

Banned
1,817 posts
Seen 3rd January 2021
16th November 2013, 05:20 PM

Ok Damen! Thanks for letting us know ! :) I might be able to attend that one, but i don't think i will be able to go on sunday. I can go on most of the other days but i dont think sunday. Thanks for letting us know once again!

Banned
590 posts
Seen 14th February 2014
16th November 2013, 05:26 PM

Oh yeah it's on Friday! see you on friday :D Lol

Backon

+1 by LivinFurry

2,580 posts
Seen 11th November 2019
16th November 2013, 05:27 PM

damen do u mean 10:00 for UK? because UK is five hours ahead of us (of course you know) and when its five for us it wont be nine for you

+1 by LivinFurry, -1 by lolobopp

Master
1,761 posts
Seen 22nd December 2022
16th November 2013, 05:28 PM

I can't go unforunetly. I have to go somewhere throughout the competition so I'm sad about that but I could hopefully make it next month. Until then my co-leader is taking over the team this month while i'm gone & I might not even be able to attend while i'm gone even though I will try my best to attend but until further notice I can't attend.

+1 by LivinFurry

~Wanna be my friend? Subscribe to #KeyFriends
~Do you wanna tryout for the Freehawks? Subscribe to #Freehawks
~Goals:
-Become Forum Mod
-Become OldCP Mod. (When it comes back).
-Reach 3,000 posts by the end of the year.
-More go as soon.

62 posts
Seen 10th April 2014
16th November 2013, 05:28 PM

see ya on friday i guess im trying to stay positive like May says whenever oldcp is down even if i have to wait another week :)

+1 by LivinFurry and Zeternal

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
16th November 2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
damen do u mean 10:00 for UK? because UK is five hours ahead of us (of course you know) and when its five for us it wont be nine for you
I believe due to the clocks moving backward for winter it increases the gap to 6.

108 posts
Seen 11th August 2015
16th November 2013, 05:34 PM

DAMEN PLZ FIX IT ITS GONNA STOP CONNECTING WHEN IM 98

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
16th November 2013, 05:59 PM

Ok, see ya' on Friday, Damen!

329 posts
Seen 27th July 2015
16th November 2013, 06:07 PM

Oh I can't wait.
The 22nd is gonna be the best day ever. Catching fire, start of my one week off of school, and then the mod contest! (:

+1 by LivinFurry
Sophiabeth. (:
I love sleep and reading
Make good choices kiddos!

Rookie
33 posts
Seen 7th November 2015
16th November 2013, 06:15 PM

damen i have a school fair on that day is it the follow in three days like : friday,saturday,and sunday or is it just friday because i was really looking forward to it :(

+1 by LivinFurry and xXvioletXx, -1 by Hello11
@KRISTY
Your faybalus Penguin waddling around just like you!
Friends:
Sadie
Ringo
Rigby
Kiki
Salsa
WildKitty
Banshee
Maskajar
Winnie
Derp
Dude
Meggie
CoffeeCow
And more!

Banned
322 posts
Seen 31st July 2015
16th November 2013, 07:08 PM

Alright, Damen I know you're trying you're best so keep working!! You might finally resolve the connection problem by then!! I think that is a excellent date for me and other fellow penguins!! Friday again the most funnest day because no school after that in tell Monday!! So, keep up the good work damen you're doing great out there!! I'm glad we have someone smart earning this site!!

~Furry On!

+1 by Damen, xXvioletXx and Key

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021
16th November 2013, 07:29 PM

Sounds great, although next weekend may be a bad weekend for allot of people as it is the weekend before Thanksgiving break, but I believe I'll be able to make it.

+1 by Jade213 and LivinFurry

"Everyone has heard that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know that this is not true."

Login or join the forums to reply.