24th January 2016

Sharing Passwords

Made by Kara in Announcements

Vampire Knight Is Awesome!
1,334 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
24th January 2016, 03:56 PM

I don't completely understand why people would share their passwords.. but thank you for reminding everyone of this, hopefully people will stop asking people for passwords. :)

Vampire Knight is amazing!

New User!
Rookie
1 posts
Seen 24th January 2016
24th January 2016, 04:04 PM

Frakon wrote on 24th January 2016 03:52 PM:
its more of your own business if you share your password with someone.

your account is a part of the dsghq that is owned by you, and you should be allowed to do what you want with it. you should be allowed to make the decision, and if you make the wrong decision then its your own fault.

frozo is right it is their account they can do what they want with their account

also this post is obviously aimed at frozo lmao

+1 by frozo

Your not gonna fit in much kid
152 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
24th January 2016, 04:06 PM

exactly, only share your passwords and stuff
with your parents and no one else.
something bad could happen to your account or your belongings.
nice post

Im just a 13 year old
kid who is a noob on a laptop with no life.

Exactly common sense.

Hot space dad.

there all just dayum lies.

hot eyebrows
Master
1,101 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
24th January 2016, 05:12 PM

TheAce wrote on 24th January 2016 03:46 PM:
Nice thread. Are we able to have a new ability of changing our passwords ourselves like on the other layout? It would be easier and likely more comforting for a number of users.

I agree with Ace. What if I would like my password to be private or what if it was embarrassing or something.

Its good that you made a post reminding others not to share their password. I've seen many people say on oldcp "My friend spammed she knows my password" well, now if you want to change the password we can prevent that from happening.

Foot

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
24th January 2016, 05:33 PM

Try to use different passwords for different sites too, not just 1 password for each.

+1 by frozo

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

veteran
Master
1,360 posts
Seen 28th June 2020
24th January 2016, 09:33 PM

You are so true, passwords are very important without one you wouldn't have a account or anything or couldn't really do anything and not even download apps, etc. And if you share them with people they could hack and actually make you do things bad and make people think it was you that did it but it wasn't you and it was actually them. This is a very talented post of yours. Good-job Kara on making this post. ;)

Have a Wonderful and Amazing day.
Bella. <3

543 posts
Seen 17th January 2019
24th January 2016, 11:24 PM

Nice point out.

Before I reported Nathian was in the oldway yesterday,he asked xxgurlplayxx if she wanted nathanbackup's password.Thankfully she said no and I reported it.
That person asked that a lot yesterday too,
What does this hacker have against him?

-Mal

Adventure Awaits....

Kacket
343 posts
Seen 8th March 2022
25th January 2016, 02:46 AM

I agree from head to toe!

Tuna Head
Rookie
67 posts
Seen 4th February 2016
25th January 2016, 07:48 AM

For sure. Passwords are not something to be shared with public. Passwords should be kept to your self. Bad deeds done on the account by another person is your's and the person that knows your passwords's fault. It is very important that we keep our passwords to ourselves. It is also an important topic to discuss.

*signs forums* There you go.

Ravenclaw
364 posts
Seen 28th February 2016
27th January 2016, 09:05 PM

Seriously, don't share your password on ANY site.

"You can take your words and all your lies"
~Really Don't Care- Demi Lovato

727 posts
Seen 19th November 2020
28th January 2016, 12:10 PM

Kara Kacket wrote on 24th January 2016 03:40 PM:
Hello. Today it has come to my attention that some users think it is okay to share passwords with their friends.

It is not. Passwords should be kept to only you and the administrators.

Sharing your password could lead to your account being banned. If a user has gone on your account, after you have let them, and they do something bad, it will get you in trouble, as well as them.

This goes to all with ranks, especially PW, so please do not share passwords with each other. It is a safety threat to us, to your information, and the eligibility of you ranking up goes down.

If you have shared a password with another user, and you have their password, make a ticket. Your passwords will be changed. You can go here to make a ticket. http://damenspike.com/newticket/

Please remember that it is a rule to not share passwords with others, and if you do so, you will possibly face punishment. It is not our responsibility to restore the things lost on your account if you give the password to the wrong person.

Thank you,
- Kara
true Kara, we also have reasons that we DONT share passwords.

E.g people may DELETE all your freinds. Or use up all ur gold.

Also don't use passwords like

Qwerty or

Password

Or even your real name.

Try using hard and long pass words.

~We were born to be real, not perfect. c:~
79 posts
Seen 8th March 2016
28th January 2016, 06:56 PM

Kara Kacket wrote on 24th January 2016 03:40 PM:
Hello. Today it has come to my attention that some users think it is okay to share passwords with their friends.

It is not. Passwords should be kept to only you and the administrators.

Sharing your password could lead to your account being banned. If a user has gone on your account, after you have let them, and they do something bad, it will get you in trouble, as well as them.

This goes to all with ranks, especially PW, so please do not share passwords with each other. It is a safety threat to us, to your information, and the eligibility of you ranking up goes down.

If you have shared a password with another user, and you have their password, make a ticket. Your passwords will be changed. You can go here to make a ticket. http://damenspike.com/newticket/

Please remember that it is a rule to not share passwords with others, and if you do so, you will possibly face punishment. It is not our responsibility to restore the things lost on your account if you give the password to the wrong person.

Thank you,
- Kara

This is very true and very helpful to the community so they can know how dangerous it is to share passwords :3

~Current DSGHQ member~
Feel free to ask for help! I would be glad to answer!

Login or join the forums to reply.