Blaming Siblings

Made by tennis in Announcements

The Great
Master
3,983 posts
Seen 10th September 2020
24th January 2016, 05:06 PM

Hey

It has become a common excuse to get out of punishment by blaming your siblings for breaking rules on your accounts/ip.

It has been said many times before but I will say it again, it is against the rules to blame your siblings and YOU are responsible for your accounts and household.

If your "sibling" did something on your account (which 99.9% of the time is a lie), you will still be punished because it was your account.

If your "sibling" got ipbanned you will unfortunately remain ipbanned because you are responsible for your household's actions and there is no way to prove it was actually your sibling and not you on another account.

If you actually do have a sibling make sure they follow the rules and don't get ipbanned or you will end up banned too!

The rule has been officially been added to the rules ( http://damenspike.com/rules ) post.

Thank you.

PS: Same thing applies for cousins, parents, friends (who use same IP), etc!

+1 by Kara, Sugar, Luke, Sam and 41 others

veteran
Master
3,733 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th January 2016, 05:08 PM

This happened to me before. But it was all dealt with. Thanks for the post.

princess
Master
819 posts
Seen 28th November 2021
24th January 2016, 05:09 PM

Tennis wrote on 24th January 2016 05:06 PM:
Hey

It has become a common excuse to get out of punishment by blaming your siblings for breaking rules on your accounts/ip.

It has been said many times before but I will say it again, it is against the rules to blame your siblings and YOU are responsible for your accounts and household.

If your "sibling" did something on your account (which 99.9% of the time is a lie), you will still be punished because it was your account.

If your "sibling" got ipbanned you will unfortunately remain ipbanned because you are responsible for your household's actions and there is no way to prove it was actually your sibling and not you on another account.

The rule has been officially been added to the rules ( http://damenspike.com/rules ) post.

Thank you.

Unless your me and cristal (;

Just kidding. Even if you do have a sibling and they were "on your account" and got you banned, I agree half of that would be a lie, because 1) Its your responsibility to keep your password safe and 2, If a sibling did get you banned, it would be cruel, me and my sister joke like that alot when were in arguments, but we both know the consequences and promised each other to never go on one another accounts unless you give permission and are watching.

masquerade
paper faces on parade
masquerade

DOOM
253 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th January 2016, 05:09 PM

Great. This will stop random ppl blaming things on siblings

s

princess
Master
819 posts
Seen 28th November 2021
24th January 2016, 05:10 PM

Lylance wrote on 24th January 2016 05:08 PM:
This happened to me before. But it was all dealt with. Thanks for the post.

IM IN LOVE WITH THE GUY ON YOUR PROFILE PICTURE Joey Graceffa :x

+1 by
masquerade
paper faces on parade
masquerade

The Trilogy
536 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
24th January 2016, 05:11 PM

This is a good post because yeah I do see quite a few of people blame on their siblings. I mean one time my sibling did actually do something, but I did not get in trouble because it wasn't that bad. And good that this is added to rules!

Master
3,205 posts
Seen 16th August 2023
24th January 2016, 05:13 PM

What if you're IPbanned because your sibling is or "sibling" but you've been on Tinychat showing both you and them together like Maniac and Penguin did? Or you have made a video with them?

+1 by oh and Design4real

hot eyebrows
Master
1,101 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
24th January 2016, 05:17 PM

Sugar wrote on 24th January 2016 05:09 PM:
Unless your me and cristal (;

Just kidding. Even if you do have a sibling and they were "on your account" and got you banned, I agree half of that would be a lie, because 1) Its your responsibility to keep your password safe and 2, If a sibling did get you banned, it would be cruel, me and my sister joke like that alot when were in arguments, but we both know the consequences and promised each other to never go on one another accounts unless you give permission and are watching.

Excoose me you will not be blaming anything on me. You're on your own pal.

And I agree. I hear so many people saying these things. And coming from me who has a sibling, why would you share your password with them in the first place? Not even sugar knows my password all though I do trust her its just I don't want her to be blaming things on me or me doing the same.

You and only you are responsible for your actions. If you shared your password with your sister/brother that's on you. Its better to be responsible for your actions then lying or blaming. Why get the easy way out of it? Because sooner or later the staff members will find out and then you will just get into MORE trouble. If you don't like being banned make a ban appeal on why you deserve to be un-banned? Learn from your mistakes instead of lying to get out of them.

+1 by Sugar and Mal31
Foot

<3
147 posts
Seen 29th January 2019
24th January 2016, 05:29 PM

I'm glad this is cleared up because this was a very common excuse for behavior. This will also limit unnecessary drama.

768 posts
Seen 11th September 2022
24th January 2016, 05:32 PM

Tennis wrote on 24th January 2016 05:06 PM:
Hey

If you actually do have a sibling make sure they follow the rules and don't get ipbanned or you will end up banned too!

Thank you.

PS: Same thing applies for cousins, parents, friends (who use same IP), etc!

This is a good thing that this was added to the rules. I always get the olde "my brother/sister did it" when I get reports, and most of the time that is false. You are responsible, even if it was your sibling. Good thing that this was added to the rules.

total trash
Master
3,372 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
24th January 2016, 05:36 PM

Megs wrote on 24th January 2016 05:13 PM:
What if you're IPbanned because your sibling is or "sibling" but you've been on Tinychat showing both you and them together like Maniac and Penguin did? Or you have made a video with them?

This is the exact question I have

+1 by Meghan

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
24th January 2016, 05:38 PM

This also ties in with Kara's post about passwords

+1 by Mists

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

Vampire Knight Is Awesome!
1,334 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
24th January 2016, 06:00 PM

Well, I don't have any siblings, but I would take responsibility for whatever happens to my account. I never let anyone use my account.

Vampire Knight is amazing!

Everythings not lost
Master
1,280 posts
Seen 12th March 2020
24th January 2016, 06:11 PM

Thanks for clearing this up. I heard this excuse a lot, and most of the time, it's a lie. Nice post.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities.

Calico Rose
Master
1,683 posts
Seen 31st July 2022
24th January 2016, 06:15 PM

I agree. And honestly, if a sibling "got into" your account, it's technically your fault for not taking care of your password. :/

Login or join the forums to reply.