Penguin Watch Application Format

Made by Scott in The Lounge

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
16th February 2019, 04:53 PM

G'day,

This discussion is being made simply because of a proper format not being posted anywhere on the DSGHQ Forum. This is the official Penguin Watch format I recommend everyone who is aspiring to become a Penguin Watch should follow. It may seem long, but I reassure all of you that it goes along quite fast. If considering using this format (which is highly recommended) you do not have to write paragraph long responses. Also, please note that all applications (using this format/not using it) must not send any applications under this discussion, and I also don't recommend writing an application for Penguin Watch on the DSGHQ Forum, to begin with. Once again, please do not reply under this discussion with any Penguin Watch applications. Send your applications to [email protected], don't have email? I accept applications via Discord and DSGHQ Forum Mail as well. Please notify me prior to applying if you deside not to apply via email. Thank you!

Basic Information:
Username:
Current Rank:
Rank of Interest:
Timezone:

Summary of Your Experiences: Please avoid making this too long, I would prefer a bulleted list, I'll leave an example.
  • Senior Penguin Watch Captain || I served as a Penguin Watch Captain for a couple of years prior to achieving this title, since then I have tried my best to be the greatest that I can be, even though trouble occurs and must be faced...

Important Questions: These correlate with the experiences you listed above.
  • Why do the experiences you've encountered make you fit for this role?
  • If given the opportunity to be a Penguin Watch, what do you desire to get out of it?
  • In your opinion, what does being a Penguin Watch mean to you?
  • Out of all possible applicants, why should we pick you?
  • Give us a brief description of your time on OldCP, what do you seek out the most?

SCENARIOS: Please describe how you would handle the following situations. If you're unsure, simply say "N/A".
  • One of your good friends are spamming, what would you do?
  • You notice a user cussing, there are no Moderators online what would you do?
  • You log on to notice some AFK staff at popular, being a Penguin Watch to know that we pride ourselves on being active and attentive 99.9% of the time, what would you do?
  • Someone just assumed that you're a Penguin Watch. They continuously spread the news around OldCP, other users begin to ask you questions, what would you do under these circumstances?
  • You're talking with your friends having a good time on OldCP when all of a sudden a Penguin Watch meeting occurs, would you leave your friend or attend the meeting? Explain your reasoning...

That's pretty much everything I desire to be covered in any Penguin Watch application. Following this format will not only make your life easier but as well as the individuals who read your application. Every application we receive is always read. We typically respond with a yes/no answer within 3-days. Once we receive your application we will notify you that we're reviewing it, and then later reply with your verdict. If by some chance we do not reply to your application please notify me directly, I will handle everything for you. One final note, please before applying read the Penguin Watch Guide! The Penguin Watch Guide is FULL of vital information, information YOU must know prior to becoming a Penguin Watch. The Penguin Watch Guide can be found by clicking HERE. Thanks for reading, and g'luck if you so happen to apply for this position! :)

Always and forever,
Sadie
Senior Penguin Watch Captain

+1 by Julianhak, Sebastian, Pablo, Chandler and 6 others
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

im in the hood like kenny
Master
583 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
16th February 2019, 05:07 PM

sarabareille wrote on 16th February 2019, 04:53 PM:
Also, please note that all applications (using this format/not using it) must not send any applications under this discussion, and I also don't recommend writing an application for Penguin Watch on the DSGHQ Forum, to begin with. Once again, please do not reply under this discussion with any Penguin Watch applications.

hello this is my pw application

+1 by Scott, Loki and Alea

G
Master
940 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
16th February 2019, 05:17 PM

Finally, PWs are back! Good luck to the secret ones applying!

+1 by Scott

what’re you lookin at
Master
249 posts
Seen 17th July 2024
16th February 2019, 05:50 PM

Zelrus wrote on 16th February 2019, 05:17 PM:
Finally, PWs are back! Good luck to the secret ones applying!
We’ve always been here. Anyways, good luck to those applying and thank you Sadie for addressing this issue.

+1 by Scott

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
16th February 2019, 06:48 PM

can i be pw? plzz
Jk, nice post, good luck to future PWs!

+1 by Scott
Gone

Sweet memories

princess
Master
819 posts
Seen 28th November 2021
17th February 2019, 12:58 AM

i forgot pw existed

+1 by Scott
masquerade
paper faces on parade
masquerade

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
17th February 2019, 02:09 AM

Deenie wrote on 16th February 2019, 05:07 PM:
sarabareille wrote on 16th February 2019, 04:53 PM:
Also, please note that all applications (using this format/not using it) must not send any applications under this discussion, and I also don't recommend writing an application for Penguin Watch on the DSGHQ Forum, to begin with. Once again, please do not reply under this discussion with any Penguin Watch applications.
hello this is my pw application
This is pretty much what I was going to say. lol

Como La Flor
29 posts
Seen 17th July 2022
17th February 2019, 01:45 PM

Very h0t Sadie

+1 by Scott, Brit, sara and Yeet

Login or join the forums to reply.