27th February 2019

Notice + My Thoughts On Things

Made by indigo in Introductions and Leaving

77 posts
Seen 10th May 2021
27th February 2019, 04:13 PM

Hi everyone!
The majority of you know me as I have been around for about 5 years now. That's a long time, huh? Well, I wanted to discuss two things today. First off:

> I am leaving again (yes, I'm sorry for another leaving post! I'm sure you guys are tired of it! lol)
I know with the amount of people leaving recently, things have become hectic. However, there's a reason as to why people are leaving. It's undeniable that this community isn't what it used to be. I remember back when I first joined, the amount of people online everyday was crazy. The server was always full and there was always somebody to talk to and make new friends with. Unfortunately, OldCP has gone downhill since then and it's sad. It's sad to watch a game be possibly less than half of what it used to be. Also, this community is a lot more negative than it used to be. I personally don't do well with negativity and am trying to find a place in my life right now where I can be happy, the last thing I need is to come somewhere where there's constantly drama and always something happening. It's childish and uncalled for and makes OldCP a place where toxicity is welcome.

> I'm growing up
When I joined OldCP, I was 10. I'm now 15, almost 16 years old and it's crazy to think of how fast time flew by. With that being said, my priorities are changing. I want to focus on my grades, get into a good college, hang out with friends, etc. I don't want to sit behind a computer all day playing a game that I've spent most of my time on. I'm not excited to come on here anymore. I feel more obligated than anything since I don't want to be inactive, but it's come to the point where I'm not in a place to constantly be putting this game first before anything. My happiness and mental health comes before anything, and I don't feel happy here. Of course I do like coming on here for my friends and seeing them, but that's all there is to it anymore.

With that being said, I also want to share some thoughts on the community.

I don't understand, again, why there's more drama than ever in this community. When I came back in December, I was so surprised at how much this community changed. It's sad that all you see now is new drama every night and people live for it. I don't understand how people can live for it and constantly feel the need to say something to get another person mad. All I can hope is that within the next few months or year, OldCP at least changes some.

To end this off, I'd like to hear your opinions as well. You're free to disagree with me or agree, I'm just curious to your feedback and would like to hear some of your guys' thoughts on things too!

For anybody who'd like to contact me, please PM me and I'll give you my discord information. I will also continue what I've always done, visit OldCP from time to time but that's about it. I hope the rest of your guys' day goes as planned. :)

edit: I will also continue to be on forums as well

+1 by Dunk, Tommo, Loki, PeTaL and 6 others

G
Master
940 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
27th February 2019, 04:15 PM

You're leaving already? Dang.
It's good that you're focusing on more important stuff in real life, I wish you the best of luck in the future

Farewell, old legend

+1 by indigo and Tommo

stop.
Master
941 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
27th February 2019, 04:34 PM

Can you mail me your discord because I don’t want us to never speak again as you are one of my best friends here. I hate things being negative as well and I am always positive so if you’re ever sad please message me. I’m glad you actually came back to the community for a bit which I am so thankful for but it is sad to see one of my best friends leave. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

- Tom

+1 by indigo

DJ
Master
2,814 posts
Seen 24th May 2023
27th February 2019, 05:59 PM

indigo this post has just made my heart sink! i can’t believe your my grand aunt and 15 while i’m 15 as well!
jk
i’m gutted you’re leaving (again) but also i do agree with everything you say. games in general are too much of a distraction, and i’m in an important stage of my education (GCSE’s next year) but it’s super hard to try get independent learning in at a consistent rate, especially with my family being no help whatsoever - maybe a talk once or twice after a parents meeting, but usually just insulting me thinking this “hard love” would somehow work or motivate me, well NEWSFLASH IT DOESN’T, IT RUINS THIS CONFIDENCE YOU THINK I SHOULD IMPROVE ON; THATS IRONIC AINT IT!
i’m sorry i went off topic there, but i’m really sad to see you go. keep in touch on discord, do DM me asap (tag is Jake01 #0112)

+1 by indigo

806 posts
Seen 5th November 2020
27th February 2019, 05:59 PM

Its understandable ur leaving good luck in life indigo

+1 by indigo

Banned
882 posts
Seen 10th April 2021
28th February 2019, 08:13 PM

You've been here a really long time. It's sad to see old users go... also I agree. The drama, and fights, and everything has just gone terribly downhill. The toxicity, it's just not a good thing. Good luck in the real world

+1 by indigo

Login or join the forums to reply.