21st April 2019

Self Harm Discussions

Made by Sled in Announcements

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
21st April 2019, 10:16 AM

Hello all,

After a rise of discussions surrounding the topic of self harm, I’d like to remind you all that it’s not appropriate for this forum and it violates our rules. From here on out this rule will be enforced more by the staff team. If you make a discussion, post, or status about self harm you risk being warned or banned (depending on the issue at hand). As much as I would love to welcome people to open up about their struggles on the forums, we can not promise a safe and unharmful discussion and for that reason it isn't allowed. There are several other resources you can use instead.

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, across the United States. The Lifeline is comprised of a national network of over 150 local crisis centers, combining custom local care and resources with national standards and best practices. tel: 1-800-273-8255. Please, get help. Call this number, or talk to somebody you trust about it. Do not remain silent.

You are loved. You are important. You matter.

Thank you,

The DSGHQ Forum Staff

+1 by zelda, iblue, SecurityGuy, Loki and 17 others

Banned
1,602 posts
Seen 28th September 2024
21st April 2019, 10:26 AM

Good post. I agree staff should enforce this rule a lot more.

+1 by Sled, Alea, iblue and HammyMajed

Emperor of OldCP
Master
1,122 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st April 2019, 10:57 AM

Very much agreed thanks for making this post.

+1 by Sled, Alea, iblue and HammyMajed

hey
Master
679 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st April 2019, 12:10 PM

Good post sled!

+1 by Sled, Alea and HammyMajed
hi

IKEA Swedish Meatballs
Master
492 posts
Seen 5th October 2020
21st April 2019, 05:11 PM

Excellently said.

I would also like to add that if you believe that someone you know is an imminent danger to themselves, please call 911 (or your local emergency services number). 911 call-takers and first responders are also trained to deal with this and can help someone get the assistance they need.

+1 by Alea, Lloyd, iblue and HammyMajed

The Dude
85 posts
Seen 18th February 2021
25th April 2019, 01:18 PM

Good thinking! A very Delightful Announcement, Sled! :D
It's a good thing to do actually! People who want to think about Suicide and Shares it Socially, it's VERY wrong, in a point where we don't know whether the user is dead or not... Very worrying... :(

This is why from now on, people who say it would get Warned about it and Banned about it, Some People do this because of Attention and some People are too Scared to do it, and it's even stated by the DSGHQ Forums Rules! :P
And the most Helpful thing about all of this is you found a Help Center for this Problem to be cured, This is the most Pleasuring things I've ever seen from a community! :)

I'm glad this would be settled, and everyone, Stay safe please, because the community really cares about you even if you see some bad things to it, you may never know what comes in and out of a community, but there are good sides and a very tiny portion of a bad side, but overall, ignore the Negatives, Stay on the Positives People! ;)

-HammyMajed
-Hamoza1111

HammyMajed:

Just a dude who's overly simple with dreams, and is cool with everyone.
not much to say, but I'm still a dude around here. :T

Login or join the forums to reply.