The Search || Penguin Watch Captain

Made by Scott in Announcements

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
23rd October 2019, 09:03 AM

G'morning, everyone,

The Penguin Watch team has been altered since the October 2019 Redemption on OldCP. Since then, the entire Captain team has been demoted from their role. With this said, I'm officially looking for new individuals who are interested as well as motivated to contribute to the Penguin Watch as a Penguin Watch Captain. For those who are interested, continue to read the remainder of this discussion. If any of you have any questions, comments, and or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me, either via this discussion and/or through Discord [Sadie#9177].

Application CLOSE Date: 10/30/2019 @12:00 PM EST. Late applications will still be read...

Basic Application Format: Please follow this exact format when applying for this position, it will make my life much easier.

OldCP Username:
Discord Username:
Current Rank:
Desired Rank of Interest:

List of Experience: Please make this a bulleted list, a list is much more appealing to the eye and easier to interpret. Also please describe your time while holding this particular rank. Describe what it was like, what it taught you, and why you believe it is a good experience to have. For e.g. -
  • OldCP Moderator
    a.) I was an OldCP Moderator from [insert]-[insert], and during this time it taught me...
  • OldCP President
  • Imperial Knight
  • Detective

Answer the Following Question(s):
  • Why are you applying for this position?
  • What about this rank drives you to apply for it, what motivates your initial response?
  • What are your current perceptions on the Penguin Watch, is it good or bad? Would you alter anything because of this...
  • Upon promotion, what would be the first thing you would introduce and/or recommend to bring to the Watch?
  • Do you look forward to the future of the Penguin Watch? Are you optimistic about the future...
  • Lastly, what makes you the perfect fit for Captain? Don't tire me with a list of experience again, straight shoot facts. I want to be moved by your response!

Paragraph Time: In FOUR (or more) sentences describe to me your time on OldCP. Past, present, and what you suspect your future will be like. Describe to me the people who have impacted you the most, tell me about your opinion on OldCP today. Vent to me about the people who make you happy, perhaps your best friends... how has OldCP changed since the day you joined? Lastly, why do you feel like it is still worth the time to create an application for the rank Penguin Watch Captain?

Requirments
  • Must be an OldCP user for at least 1 month.
  • Must have a clean history with the Penguin Watch, no leaks or abuse!
  • No treason, suspensions, or bans within the last month.
  • Must read the Penguin Watch Guide! **BONUS POINTS**: in your application tell me what the Penguin Watch HQ is not...

Notice: The former Penguin Watch Captain(s) are able to re-apply for their position back. However, in those applications, I am looking forward to a resolution. I want to hear what you can do better, and why you believe you should still be Captain. Please be aware new applicants will be considered FIRST. All applications MUST be sent directly to [email protected]. DO NOT post your application directly under this discussion. Any applications posted in this thread will automatically be denied. The reason is only due part to the fact that some of you may have prior Penguin Watch experience that you will likely list (if you weren't Captain or above), so please keep these applications through email.

Don't have an email? That's fine! Please send your application to me through Discord and/or Forum Mail.

Acceptance Process: Once you have applied you will receive a response back from me that your application was received. Within the application deadline slot, you will be notified by me whether or not your application was denied and/or approved! For those who get denied, don't take it to heart... this will be a tough time, there are too many great applicants I'm sure. However, if you get approved you will be given an interview date (including time), this is a time you will be interviewed by me and any other staff and/or former PWC who are willing to assist me in the interviewing stage. Once all interviews are completed me (along with those who helped) will pick THREE new Penguin Watch Captains.

Thank you for your interest in applying, I look forward to reading all of the applications. I also will look forward to possible new faces to the Captain team. Once again, if any of you have any questions, comments, and or concerns do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to the new faces of the Penguin Watch team. ^_^

Always and forever,
Sadie
Senior Penguin Watch Captain

Joseph will be made a temporary Penguin Watch Captain that will assist me during this process.

+1 by Pablo, iblue, Xvoid, Brit and 14 others, -1 by Jdutr, Miromeski and Frogs
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Alatar
1,164 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd October 2019, 11:04 AM

OldCP Username: Alatar
Discord Username: Alatar#0215
Current Rank: No Rank
Desired Rank of Interest: Penguin Watch

List of Experience: I'm a Dark Forest Boy, and I'm responsible for 13 recent battles, all of which I lost. I was also a Knight 3 times, Warlord, Detectice, World Champion, War Knight 7 times.

Why are you applying for this position? Hell if I know.
What about this rank drives you to apply for it, what motivates your initial response? Absolutely nothing. I'm just being an asshole.
What are your current perceptions on the Penguin Watch, is it good or bad? Would you alter anything because of this... It's terrible. Don't be a clown, shut it down!
Upon promotion, what would be the first thing you would introduce and/or recommend to bring to the Watch? Pythas and SWINE as the new evil lords.
Do you look forward to the future of the Penguin Watch? Are you optimistic about the future... No. I can only see demotion and deletion.
Lastly, what makes you the perfect fit for Captain? Don't tire me with a list of experience again, straight shoot facts. I want to be moved by your response! Literally nothing.

Paragraph Time: ever since i was 5 years old i wanted this rank sadie omg plz give me it i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw i wanna be pw

+1 by Scott, Brit, Bree and Frogs

Banned
156 posts
Seen 17th February 2020
23rd October 2019, 11:39 AM

Edited

I've done it again...

+1 by Scott, Brit, Xvoid, kace and 1 other, -1 by Loki

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
23rd October 2019, 12:09 PM

Tobob wrote on 23rd October 2019, 11:39 AM:
WARNING: Don't do it. I've been there, and it sucks because you can't brag about your rank to anyone and it's easy to work out who a PW is when there is a small amount of people in a room.

This is for PWC, the rank is very much public. So you can walk around letting anyone know. :)

+1 by Loki, Pablo, Brit, Xvoid and 3 others
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Ya Daddy.
Banned
1,046 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd October 2019, 01:29 PM

OldCP Username: Nathansnow2
Discord Username: Redd#0418
Current Rank: N/A
Desired Rank of Interest: PW captain.

List of Experience:
* 1st GMW: During this time i helped re-write the rules of 2 councils, i am told i was a good GMW until i retired, finding
myself in a depressed slump in my life, this rank taught me leadership and helped my realize how hard it is to lead a team,
but i think i am ready to give leadership another try.
*Imperial knight: Fought during the iceghost wars, this taught me how to work well
with my co-workers.
* Highpriest (twice): Both times were pleasent, taught me leadership as well.
*Wiseone: Pleasent.. this taught me to be humble.

Answer the Following Question(s):
Simple, i really love the PW and wish for it to thrive, i really do love them.
Probably helping the mods,damen, and the admins to protect OLDCPS rules.
I love the PW, it honestly is one of my favorite rank classes.
I would bring in the idea of DMT(?) for trusted PW members, to better watch.
I look forward to the greatness, and i truly hope it stands strong.
I'm one of the best, of the best.

Just check my damn wiki. Nathan

Also, if i get PW, i'll achieve my dream of mod, and leadership.

+1 by Brit
"Abso • lutely not a Pe • do"!

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
23rd October 2019, 02:19 PM

It's going to be a blast to help with these applications. I wish everyone the best of luck if they're applying. :)

+1 by Sled, Scott, sara, LiveToDance and 1 other

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
23rd October 2019, 02:34 PM

Joseph wrote on 23rd October 2019, 02:19 PM:
It's going to be a blast to help with these applications. I wish everyone the best of luck if they're applying.
joseph4oldcpmod
justice4joseph
joseph4pwc

+1 by Joseph, Scott, jay, Loki and 2 others

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
23rd October 2019, 02:39 PM

Sleddy wrote on 23rd October 2019, 02:34 PM:
Quote:
Joseph wrote on 23rd October 2019, 02:19 PM:
It's going to be a blast to help with these applications. I wish everyone the best of luck if they're applying.
joseph4oldcpmod
justice4joseph
joseph4pwc
It'd be great to get OldCP mod back but it's not my choice. I'm just happy that I'm still the PW Assistant and I'm just gonna stick with it. Hopefully the PW will thrive again. :)

+1 by Scott, Sled, sara and Pic

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd October 2019, 06:04 PM

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

+1 by Scott

k
100 posts
Seen 29th September 2020
23rd October 2019, 06:08 PM

@ghost shah
you were supposed to send it through email. she stated not to send it in comments.

[email protected]

+1 by jay, Joseph and Scott
Oh

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd October 2019, 06:10 PM

Kev wrote on 23rd October 2019, 06:08 PM:
@ghost shah
you were supposed to send it through email. she stated not to send it in comments.
[email protected]
thanks, my fault.

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
23rd October 2019, 06:13 PM

Kev wrote on 23rd October 2019, 06:08 PM:
@ghost shah
[email protected]
Jonathan1tt1 wrote on 23rd October 2019, 06:04 PM:
OldCP Username: Shah
Discord Username: Jaden#4616
Current Rank: OldCP Moderator
Desired Rank of Interest: Penguin Watch Captain
List of Experience:
OldCP Moderator:
I received this role in early summer and was voted by the users to stay as a Moderator on the Redemption on Sunday, which must mean I'm doing a good job. As a Moderator, I've learned how to connect with other users on the game and work with a group of staff members.
2018 Game of Mods Fall Finalist:
I was a manager in the 2018 Game of Mods Fall tournament. It allowed me to be a leader and handle multiple things at once under stress. I believe I did a great job. During the end of Game of Mods, while Damen was choosing the winner, I remember him saying he was interested in half-way through the interview. I lost, however, at the end, I asked him about him giving me the News Reporter rank on OldCP since I was a Press on forums but not on OldCP, and he said, "Why not PWC instead?", as Brit had won Moderator and was PWC beforehand. I didn't get the role, however, I still remember that and I feel like I could be a great leader for the PW crew.
War Knight
Being a War Knight wasn't so great for me, since I'm not a good fighter on OldCP, however, it also allowed me to work with a large crew in the Dorval War.
Why are you applying for this position?
I am applying for this position because I know I can bring great things to the PW team and introduce new things to give them more value than what they already have on OldCP. I can set examples for the team and allow them to gain higher roles, like PWC or Moderator with my experience and what I've learned. From being an OldCP troll to an OldCP Moderator, I can set an example for many.
What about this rank drives you to apply for it, what motivates your initial response?
When I heard PWCs were going to be involved in the redemption, I realized this was an opportunity for me to get the role of PWC. I thought about it for awhile, knowing I'd have to sacrifice the role of Moderator, which I tried hard for for years. I made up my mind a few days ago. I decided I wanted to apply for PWC because I want the PW to stay and show others that they can be useful on the game.
Upon promotion, what would be the first thing you would introduce and/or recommend to bring to the Watch?
The first thing I would do is introduce myself and recommend all PWs rank the current Moderators and list at least two things they should improve on if any twice a month. Then, one of the PWC, like myself, can make a post on forums to address to the mods that they can improve on a few things. I will also recommend the PW should receive a monthly pay if they do their hours, which could be 10.
Do you look forward to the future of the Penguin Watch? Are you optimistic about the future...
Lastly, what makes you the perfect fit for Captain? Don't tire me with a list of experience again, straight shoot facts. I want to be moved by your response!
Yes! If I didn’t look forward to the future of the Penguin Watch, I wouldn’t have applied. I hope to see me as a PWC until it is time for the PW to be shut down, which can be January 1, 2020 or maybe with new ideas the PW can stay for a few more years. I want to set an example for many, as I’ve made so many mistakes in the past but somehow earned Damen’s trust. I want to show it’s possible to do anything on this game. I can teach people how to become noticed without causing trouble. My mentality is to be one of the best PWCs ever. I want to be able to communicate with the PW, know how they’re feeling, give them advice, reach out to me whenever, but also not allow them to become inactive for too long, as that will cause the PW to shut down.
Paragraph Time: In FOUR (or more) sentences describe to me your time on OldCP. Past, present, and what you suspect your future will be like. Describe to me the people who have impacted you the most, tell me about your opinion on OldCP today. Vent to me about the people who make you happy, perhaps your best friends... how has OldCP changed since the day you joined? Lastly, why do you feel like it is still worth the time to create an application for the rank Penguin Watch Captain?
I’ve been on OldCP since September of 2013. I was 7 when I joined and am now 13. When I was 7, I tried hard for many roles, but obviously didn’t get it because I was illiterate and couldn’t spell correctly. Once I turned 11, I started to troll on OldCP discords, forums, and the game. I caused a lot of trouble. I received many chances to prove I could be a good person, however failed to maintain those opportunities. This year, I matured up. I grew mentally. I became a new person. This led to me getting Moderator, a role many have dreamt and dream for today. Only few people receive it, and I was one. Through my eyes, my future will be bright. OldCP is a fantastic game with amazing people I will never be able to see again in a few years. This game is my childhood. I will remember this game when I’m older. Sadie, the one reading this application, has been a huge inspiration to me. I wanted to be mature like her, and she’s still an example to me to this day. Another one is Joseph. I remember he was in Rant Club, a club started a few years ago about abusive Moderators and other staff members. Now, he has been a PWC, Moderator, and Head Moderator. Once I saw that, I knew I had a chance to actually be something on this game. One last person I’ll mention is Kev. Kev motivates me to keep trying. He is currently a Knight Captain, however, is trying his hardest to get roles like PWC and Moderator. Even when he’s in doubt that he’ll ever get it, he continues to grind. OldCP has changed in many ways. One way is the user count and toxicity levels, but another is how many users have matured. I feel like it is worth the time to create an application for PWC because now is an opportunity for me to do something else in the community. The Penguin Watch is not only a group of undercover moderators who are there to enforce rules when Moderators aren’t around, but also a group of people who should become friends and work together as a team. Not everything on OldCP has to do with working, but being able to partake in friendships and more.
Thank you for reading my application! I hope you enjoyed.

Guys remember, please do NOT submit your applications under this discussion.

Ways to submit your application:

Email: [email protected]
(Don't have an email? No worries!)
Discord: Sadie#9177

Have any questions? Please dm Sadie or myself. :)

Thanks for for clarifying this Kev.

+1 by jay, Scott and Pic

Master
296 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
23rd October 2019, 07:58 PM

Good luck to everybody applying for Captain!

+1 by Scott and Joseph

Login or join the forums to reply.