22nd November 2019

iOldCPv2

Made by Damen in Announcements

k
100 posts
Seen 29th September 2020
22nd November 2019, 09:38 PM

Woah, woah, woah...

I understand where both sides are coming from but this decision could change the entire OldCP base itself. I don't really want to come off as rude, but honestly lets be real here. OldCP has a very good chance of becoming itself again but only if everyone puts more effort into it. No offense, but if OldCP is barely living, why make another CPPS? To me that just seems like more problems. I think Damen and a few other Administrators should re build OldCP and make it a better place. iOldCP is just another CPPS with more CZ, staff, etc. I don't think this is fair to the entire OldCP user base. All we ask is just for everyone to put more effort into the game and have it be even better than before. :)

~ Kev

+1 by Sled, Brit and Loki
Oh

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
22nd November 2019, 09:38 PM

ah shoot, here we go again.

my opinion; oldcp with brit and adawg is just going to get better. it just needs admins that can actually devote their time and effort into the game. it's stupid to have 2 cppses up at once. and why are they choosing who gets an access code? it should be open to everyone.

sorry im just not gonna understand why having an exact replica of a game is so special. if something you're doing on oldcp isn't working and making people want to play then maybe it's time to change and listen to what the community wants.

also having a game that is access code only isn't going to grow you a community and make it bigger than what oldcp currently is

+1 by Loki, Joseph, Brit, Horse and 1 other

livin life
Master
237 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
22nd November 2019, 10:50 PM

Loki wrote on 22nd November 2019, 07:49 PM:
Quote:
Damen wrote on 22nd November 2019, 07:44 PM:
Quote:
Loki wrote on 22nd November 2019, 07:30 PM:
So you want to kill oldcp again? We all know everyone will get ioldcp access like last time and OldCp will die again (despite people expressing their dislike for
it, they’ll go on it because cz will be 24/7 and give people things to do and we all know the admins will let everyone on who asks for the code). Honestly, why are we doing this again when like 6 people wanted ioldcp brought back?
You need to be on board with iOldCP so that it can succeed. If it does, it has the potential of being much better than oldcp in the long run and can take over fully, potentially removing the original oldcp. However, if you don't get on board with it NOW, then both games will suffer doom
I’m sorry but I’m not getting on board with it. I had enough with ioldcp last time it was up. Hell last time when I quit ioldcp over something stupid Orlock removed all the stuff (literally everything) from my account just for quitting. If oldcp dies, I’m out. As I said, I’m sorry but ioldcp just isn’t a place I want to be.
Preach Loki preach ittt

+1 by sara, Loki, Sled and Joseph

nobody
11 posts
Seen 21st June 2020
23rd November 2019, 12:46 AM

I thought we already acknowledged the fact that it never works out when there are 2 games that are both running 24/7. Last time iOldCP was up, OldCP died completely. There are a lot of users on OldCP who have worked hard and put in a lot of time for the ranks they have, and those are basically thrown away when iOldCP reopens, because not everyone who has worked for a rank in OldCP is going to get a rank in iOldCP. There is still potential in OldCP.. We just have to actually put in the time and effort.

+1 by Joseph, Loki, Horse and Sled

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
23rd November 2019, 03:30 AM

I feel like the only one here with some actual ideas. All I hear is vague solutions like 'rebuild oldcp' and 'put more effort in' but no actual ideas. The thing is, I know what I'm doing, and I can always rethink things like I have before many times.

+1 by Frogs, Brit, randy, Sled and 3 others

Banned
1,817 posts
Seen 3rd January 2021
23rd November 2019, 04:57 AM

Can I be apart of this

Master
1,119 posts
Seen 27th August 2023
23rd November 2019, 08:03 AM

Damen wrote on 23rd November 2019, 03:30 AM:
I feel like the only one here with some actual ideas. All I hear is vague solutions like 'rebuild oldcp' and 'put more effort in' but no actual ideas. The thing is, I know what I'm doing, and I can always rethink things like I have before many times.
It's alright, we just got to see what the future holds before we make a new statement on iOldcp and I think Oldcp has been doing great lately. Just got to give it time

Me,myself,and I.

Thanks drakee

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
23rd November 2019, 08:30 AM

you should do a discussion asking for what the community really wants to see in oldcp and you'll probably get more answers than 'put more effort in' and 'rebuild oldcp'. but I understand where you're coming from and it's hard to think and rethink things on your own, which is why you should work with your administrators to come up with things to do.

+1 by jay

oreo
341 posts
Seen 27th July 2022
23rd November 2019, 08:34 AM

Loki wrote on 22nd November 2019, 07:30 PM:
So you want to kill oldcp again? We all know everyone will get ioldcp access like last time and OldCp will die again (despite people expressing their dislike for
it, they’ll go on it because cz will be 24/7 and give people things to do and we all know the admins will let everyone on who asks for the code). Honestly, why are we doing this again when like 6 people wanted ioldcp brought back?
Hopefully I’m wrong but, rip oldcp (again).
u need to remember all good things come to an end. Lets hope thats not the case for oldcp though. Pumped for iOldcp ngl

NotLorenzo

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
23rd November 2019, 11:07 AM

Yeah this isn't a smart move.

+1 by Sled

Still Mink
1,163 posts
Seen 15th August 2023
23rd November 2019, 12:00 PM

I hate the idea, but I'm let's see how it goes.

+1 by ian and Sled

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
23rd November 2019, 05:30 PM

Sleddy wrote on 23rd November 2019, 08:30 AM:
Quote:
you should do a discussion asking for what the community really wants to see in oldcp and you'll probably get more answers than 'put more effort in' and 'rebuild oldcp'. but I understand where you're coming from and it's hard to think and rethink things on your own, which is why you should work with your administrators to come up with things to do.

Its the same thing like 'involve more people in cz' which is something we are doing but when people die they revert back to their complaints. So going back to 24 hour respawn became a thought again... and then some say remove forest boys.

+1 by Sled and

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
23rd November 2019, 05:42 PM

Damen wrote on 23rd November 2019, 05:30 PM:
Quote:
Sleddy wrote on 23rd November 2019, 08:30 AM:
Quote:
Its the same thing like 'involve more people in cz' which is something we are doing but when people die they revert back to their complaints. So going back to 24 hour respawn became a thought again... and then some say remove forest boys.
tbh all I want to see on oldcp again is different parties again like hashir used to do. like changing the rooms on the main map. u know what I mean? idk I'm a simple person but it was a fun small thing to change it up

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
23rd November 2019, 08:25 PM

Sleddy wrote on 22nd November 2019, 09:38 PM:
ah shoot, here we go again.
my opinion; oldcp with brit and adawg is just going to get better. it just needs admins that can actually devote their time and effort into the game. it's stupid to have 2 cppses up at once. and why are they choosing who gets an access code? it should be open to everyone.
sorry im just not gonna understand why having an exact replica of a game is so special. if something you're doing on oldcp isn't working and making people want to play then maybe it's time to change and listen to what the community wants.
also having a game that is access code only isn't going to grow you a community and make it bigger than what oldcp currently is

We don't really know what Damen has in mind, I believe we should be more comprehensive.
Firstly, @Damen mentioned the possibility of ending OldCP. It's not easy, but we must accept that OldCP is not the same game from 2015. We will never bring back the past completely. OldCP needs a sucessor, that's a fact, and iOldCP might be the successor we need. Secondly, I believe that the access code will be a temporary thing to make the game popular. People usually value things by their exclusiveness and rareness.

Also, not necessarily the community is always right. Perhaps, the people of this community do not have a clear idea of what they want. Until now, I have only seen vague, superficial and nebulous solutions to our issues. It seems to me that the users here don't know clearly what they want. And there's no problem with that because that's how entertainment works. People often don't know what they desire until someone comes and shows them something they would probably like. You will find practical examples of this in all sectors of the entertainment industry, such as movies, music and games. The public might have a fuzzy idea of what they want, but they don't know how to express and apply it directly.

Running a game is very different than just playing it, it would be good if the community showed an receptive, comprehensive and empathic posture when it comes to facing these new opportunities that have are opened, even when they represent risking our most valuable treasures.

+1 by Sled
Gone

Sweet memories

Old Spice God
171 posts
Seen 23rd May 2022
23rd November 2019, 08:51 PM

As the emperor i promise to keep the game running swell

Login or join the forums to reply.