25th November 2019

Wanted: News Reporters

Made by Jenna in Announcements

Former Moderator
Master
433 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
25th November 2019, 04:04 PM

Welcome back to another report, made by yours truly. Today, I am looking for TWO NEW News Reporters!

Hello reader! Are you interested in becoming a News Reporter on the DSGHQ Forums and on OldCP? Well, now's your chance! First, I will be answering a few questions you may have!

1. What's a News Reporter? A News Reporter is someone who types up reports on the DSGHQ Forums about events that occur on OldCP, iOldCP, and Penguin 3D!

2. What can a News Reporter do? Essentially, a News Reporter just reports about events that occur on a weekly basis, but they also have a command! Also, you may collab with a fellow press to produce a report!

2.5. Command for Press:
-/News

I know it may seem like press isn't very cool, but if you're an excellent writer and you LOVE writing, I especially recommend this rank! Not only does the Press have a command on OldCP, but they also have access to post on the "News" Section on Forums!

3. What is a Chief Editor? The Chief Editor basically delegates reports and organizes the Press. As well as organization, the Chief Editor creates an uniformed order of which Press reports when. This is so that there aren't multiple reports on the same event and everyone can work on their own event!

4. What's required of the Press? Simply, the Press must report about every significant event on the platforms that I mentioned above. Activity isn't as crucial as it is of Moderators or other ranks, but PLEASE make sure you attend prominent events. News Reports should be published often!

5. News Reporter Pay:
-10,000 gold per month

Apply in a reply below with how you qualify, fit the requirements, and past experience. Be sure to put your OldCP Username and Discord name!

Thanks for reading! :D

P.S: I literally copied this whole thing from a post I made in the beginning of the year lol.

+1 by Jesse, Zaron, Jdutr, zenny and 8 others
4207bPerlaZenTomEbonLyssAbuNateIanCateJosephPablo

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
25th November 2019, 05:06 PM

What an excellent idea. Apply, if you want a rank

+1 by Brit, Sled, Joseph and Flame

k
100 posts
Seen 29th September 2020
25th November 2019, 05:25 PM

My News Reporter Application

Hello! Before I start making this I want to give you a little background information on myself and my knowledge of making reports. Firstly, I have had various reports. I made one for a few different major events and they all turned out pretty well. I love writing and making reports because when I make them I can fill other people in on things they have missed. Overall, I like to write and help others in the way that nobody else really could.

OldCP Name: Kevin
Discord Name: kev#5365

How do you qualify? Personally, if I'm being honest, I think I qualify the most for my prior experience and background information of writing. I know how to use grammar correctly and I always like to make it easy to the eye to read! Whether it's organizing by categories, lists, charts, pictures, etc it all works out perfectly. At the end of the day it just matters if it's a good report and if its accurate. :)

How do you fit the requirements? I think I fit ALL of the requirements due to my other reports that I can go to for examples, my knowledge, activity, and experience. I have qualified for North News Reporter, (never was official) and I have even gotten noticed by Administrators for my amazing reports. If I were to be honest, I think I put the perfect amount of criteria and organization so it's better for everyone. Also, I am very active on both iOldCP and OldCP. I attend every special event! I have been 2nd on POTM, and I'm currently 7th on POTM. :D

Past Experiences: So far in my journey of the DSGHQ I have been a War Knight, Knight Captain, Detective, North Knight, Imperial Knight, and North News Reporter. Although almost all of these rankings don't involve writing or making news reports, I still make them in my free time. I enjoy writing and it is one of my passions. From writing News Reports, stories, ideas, suggestions, I can nail it! You name it. :)

Some of my past reports: https://forums.damenspike.com/view/58285/1#p401984
https://forums.damenspike.com/view/58252/0/seek/401840

I hope you enjoyed reading my application! Thank you.

Sincerely,
Kev

+1 by Rila, Sled, Joseph, Loki and 5 others
Oh

83 posts
Seen 23rd August 2023
25th November 2019, 05:30 PM

Kev wrote on 25th November 2019, 05:25 PM:
Hello! Before I start making this I want to give you a little background information on myself and my knowledge of making reports. Firstly, I have had various reports. I made one for a few different major events and they all turned out pretty well. I love writing and making reports because when I make them I can fill other people in on things they have missed. Overall, I like to write and help others in the way that nobody else really could.
How do you qualify? Personally, if I'm being honest, I think I qualify the most for my prior experience and background information of writing. I know how to use grammar correctly and I always like to make it easy to the eye to read! Whether it's organizing by categories, lists, charts, pictures, etc it all works out perfectly. At the end of the day it just matters if it's a good report and if its accurate.
How do you fit the requirements? I think I fit ALL of the requirements due to my other reports that I can go to for examples, my knowledge, and experience. I have qualified for North News Reporter, (never was official) and I have even gotten noticed by Administrators for my amazing reports. If I were to be honest, I think I put the perfect amount of criteria and organization so it's better for everyone.
Past Experiences: So far in my journey of the DSGHQ I have been a War Knight, Knight Captain, Detective, North Knight, Imperial Knight, and North News Reporter. Although almost all of these rankings don't involve writing or making news reports, I still make them in my free time. I enjoy writing and it is one of my passions. From writing News Reports, stories, ideas, suggestions, I can nail it! You name it.
Sincerely,
Kev

yay good luck kev!! :)

+1 by kev, Loki and Flame
rila

k
100 posts
Seen 29th September 2020
25th November 2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
yay good luck kev!!

<3

Oh

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
25th November 2019, 06:24 PM

How do you qualify? Personally, if I'm being honest, I think I qualify the most for my prior experience and background information of writing. I know how to use grammar correctly and I always like to make it easy to the eye to read! Whether it's organizing by categories, lists, charts, pictures, etc it all works out perfectly. At the end of the day it just matters if it's a good report and if its accurate.
How do you fit the requirements? I think I fit ALL of the requirements due to my other reports that I can go to for examples, my knowledge, and experience. I have qualified for North News Reporter, (never was official) and I have even gotten noticed by Administrators for my amazing reports. If I were to be honest, I think I put the perfect amount of criteria and organization so it's better for everyone.
Past Experiences: So far in my journey of the DSGHQ I have been a War Knight, Knight Captain, Detective, North Knight, Imperial Knight, and North News Reporter. Although almost all of these rankings don't involve writing or making news reports, I still make them in my free time. I enjoy writing and it is one of my passions. From writing News Reports, stories, ideas, suggestions, I can nail it! You name it.
Sincerely,
Kev
good luck Kev, legend

+1 by Lorenzo and kev

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
25th November 2019, 07:25 PM

Greetings,

My name is Joseph, and this is my application for News Reporter. Below contains information such as why I qualify for the rank, why I fit the requirements, past experience, and some added information that I found appropriate to add. Well, let’s get started! :D

I. Personal Information

• Name: Joseph
• Discord: Joseph#5239
• Birthday: 02/07/2003
• Rank of Interest: News Reporter

II. Past & Current Experience

• Former OldCP and iOldCP Head Moderator
• Former OldCP Moderator
• Former OldCP and iOldCP Penguin Watch Captain
• Former OldCP Moth Priest
• Former OldCP Moth Larva
• Former OldCP War Knight
• Current iOldCP Moderator and Lord of the Bank

III. Why I Qualify for the Rank/Why I Fit the Requirements

I qualify for the rank News Reporter for a surplus amount of reasons. One of the reasons that I would like to talk about first is my activity. I am a very active individual on both OldCP and iOldCP, so I don't believe that activity would be something you'd have to worry about if you hired me. Another reason why I qualify for the rank is because of my writing style. I've written a lot of things in this community such as applications, important announcements, and I've even done some news reports of my own even though I'm not a News Reporter. I would say that writing a lot for things in this community and for school assignments has helped my writing ability tremendously. I have also noticed that I even use proper grammar and punctuation when I'm not writing an application or announcement. Another reason why I qualify for this rank is because I have written news reports in the past. I know that I just previously mentioned this, but I would like to broaden on the topic a bit more. I have written reports on events such as WCI and GOM and I enjoyed doing them. This game is something that I'm very invested in and being able to write about events that occur in this game makes me feel happy because I feel like I'm informing people about important things and it gives me a purpose. Some people don't understand things that go on here, or they miss events because of real life matters. Having news reports for people to view is a great tool because it keeps everyone informed about the new Crime Zone going around, or who got new rank positions. One more reason why I believe I qualify for this rank is because I have a great understanding of how to work the mechanics of the forums. BB code can be a bit tricky for some users to learn and I feel that it's a good quality and advantage if you know how to use it. By knowing how to use BB code, you can make nice looking news reports that will intrigue readers. The requirements state that I have to attend prominent events. I usually do attend the prominent events such as GOM, Player of the Month, WCI, etc. Meeting the expectations for this requirement is something that I can do without a doubt.

IV. Ending Note

I hope you enjoyed this application and consider me for one of the News Reporter positions. I've always wanted to be a News Reporter but around the time I first obtained Moderator, being both a Moderator and a News Reporter was prohibited. I feel that because that rule has been lifted, this is a perfect opportunity to apply for this position. Questions, comments, concenrs? You can dm me on Discord or mail me here on the forums. :)

- Joseph

+1 by Sled, Pic, Loki, Fat toad and 3 others

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
25th November 2019, 07:40 PM

Sincerely,
Kev
Best of luck, Kevin. :)

+1 by Pic

oreo
341 posts
Seen 27th July 2022
25th November 2019, 08:31 PM

Sleddy wrote on 25th November 2019, 06:24 PM:
Quote:
Sincerely,
Kev
good luck Kev, legend
am i a legend?

+1 by Sled and kev
NotLorenzo

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
25th November 2019, 09:52 PM

KraveKid wrote on 25th November 2019, 08:31 PM:
Quote:
am i a legend?

ofc

+1 by Lorenzo

k
100 posts
Seen 29th September 2020
26th November 2019, 11:49 AM

Sleddy wrote on 25th November 2019, 06:24 PM:
Quote:
Sincerely,
Kev
good luck Kev, legend
Joseph wrote on 25th November 2019, 07:40 PM:
Quote:
Sincerely,
Kev
Best of luck, Kevin.

Haha, thanks! Best of wishes to you too, Joseph. ;)

+1 by Sled
Oh

USA
394 posts
Seen 21st February 2022
26th November 2019, 12:18 PM

I would LOVE to be a news reporter! I am always on oldcp and I love to keep up with the latest gossip/tea/announcements! I love to write reports and I dunno I would just love to join the team!

spoke,val,sid,candy

Former Moderator
Master
433 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
26th November 2019, 03:44 PM

Jibreel1024 wrote on 26th November 2019, 12:18 PM:
I would LOVE to be a news reporter! I am always on oldcp and I love to keep up with the latest gossip/tea/announcements! I love to write reports and I dunno I would just love to join the team!
PS: I am thinking about making my own Oldcp Gossip Blog LOL

Great! Reply with an application and I'll review them (the applications) by Friday :D

+1 by Alea
4207bPerlaZenTomEbonLyssAbuNateIanCateJosephPablo

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
26th November 2019, 05:16 PM

jemi1234 wrote on 25th November 2019, 04:04 PM:
Welcome back to another report, made by yours truly. Today, I am looking for TWO NEW News Reporters!
Hello reader! Are you interested in becoming a News Reporter on the DSGHQ Forums and on OldCP? Well, now's your chance! First, I will be answering a few questions you may have!
1. What's a News Reporter? A News Reporter is someone who types up reports on the DSGHQ Forums about events that occur on OldCP, iOldCP, and Penguin 3D!
2. What can a News Reporter do? Essentially, a News Reporter just reports about events that occur on a weekly basis, but they also have a command! Also, you may collab with a fellow press to produce a report!
2.5. Command for Press:
-/News
I know it may seem like press isn't very cool, but if you're an excellent writer and you LOVE writing, I especially recommend this rank! Not only does the Press have a command on OldCP, but they also have access to post on the "News" Section on Forums!
3. What is a Chief Editor? The Chief Editor basically delegates reports and organizes the Press. As well as organization, the Chief Editor creates an uniformed order of which Press reports when. This is so that there aren't multiple reports on the same event and everyone can work on their own event!
4. What's required of the Press? Simply, the Press must report about every significant event on the platforms that I mentioned above. Activity isn't as crucial as it is of Moderators or other ranks, but PLEASE make sure you attend prominent events. News Reports should be published often!
5. News Reporter Pay:
-10,000 gold per month
Apply in a reply below with how you qualify, fit the requirements, and past experience. Be sure to put your OldCP Username and Discord name!
Thanks for reading!
P.S: I literally copied this whole thing from a post I made in the beginning of the year lol.

Hey Jenna,

On Discord, I send you something that shows a sample of my writing. If you want me to edit it into my application, I can surely do that. If you don't want me to, you can just look at it on Discord. :)

+1 by Pic

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
26th November 2019, 06:58 PM

gl to everyone applying!!!

Login or join the forums to reply.