Made by Joseph in Introductions and Leaving

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
22nd December 2019, 02:22 AM

Joseph

December 2014 - December 2019

Hello everyone,

You probably know what this discussion is about from the title of it. This discussion is going to be my quitting post along with the reasons I am quitting. This was not an easy decision to make, but it is one that I'm glad I made. If you would like to know the reasons behind my quitting, continue reading until the end. If you don't, you can move on.

I joined this community around December 2014. I know it may not seem like it since I don't recall things that have happened during that time, but I knew of this community around then and I played on the game a bit. I don't remember when I quit the game, but I would come on sometimes in 2015 but not try for anything serious like ranks and such. When summer 2017 came around, that was when I decided to apply myself more on OldCP and try getting ranks that I have always thought of getting. One of the ranks that I wanted in particular was Moderator and on May 31, 2018, I achieved that rank. I've been on this game for about 2 years now and I think that's a decent amount of time to be in a community, especially when you achieved about everything. I have been Moderator and Head Moderator on both OldCP and iOldCP, so I would say that I got a rank that I longed for. I don't think that there's really any other rank opportunities for me on here anymore.

Another reason that I'm quitting is because the game is getting dry. iOldCP came around with the intention to kill OldCP, but iOldCP was flopping just as bad as the game it was intending to kill. When iOldCP closed, people thought that it was going to give OldCP the spotlight back, but that was just not the case. Instead, OldCP remained the same as it was when there was another game out to get it. This is one of the bigger reasons for my quitting because if there's no users on a game, then there's no need for me to have Moderator; let alone 20 other people. I honestly don't know what's going to happen to the game, but it seems as though nobody is playing when I go online and check it out. This is just something I've seen from my experience trying to play the game; I'm not saying that it's the same for everyone, but I know a lot of people have brought this up in the past and still mention it.

One final reason why I'm quitting is because of the way things are handled around here. Looking back at the old leadership of this community, half of the stuff that goes on today would not be going on right now if things were still taken seriously. I feel as though in some situations, there's a lot of biased motivations for moves that are made to try and "defuse issues." I'm not going to go into too much details about this since I don't want this post to be taken down for "drama." In all, you know who you are if you're reading this. The actions here are just not needed and they disappoint me. I feel as though they give the community a bad name and maybe that's part of the reason why we're not growing. Also, a lot of the people who I'm close with now are either not in this community anymore or have never been in this community.

Sorry if it seems as though this post was meant to attack anyone, it really wasn't. This post was so that I could put my feelings out there about the community. I'm not saying everything here was bad, I do appreciate the experiences I was given and some of the people that I have met in this community. I'm not going to post some "thank you" thread at the end of my post because if you've helped me or influenced me in any way, you should already know who you are. Also, I don't want to do it because there's some people who think you owe them something when you don't.

Thanks for reading,

- Joseph

P.S. If you need something, you can message me on Discord. I will continue to be using Discord.

+1 by Loki, Brit, isaac, Pablo and 9 others, -1 by Toby

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd December 2019, 02:26 AM

Nooo Joseph. I'm so sad that you are leaving. :(
Its been great knowing you and you were so great to look up to as a moderator. Have a good life, Joseph.

+1 by Joseph and Brit

i’m rigby, shut up
348 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd December 2019, 05:18 AM

Sad to see you go Joseph, But if I’m honest I completely agree with everything you’ve said and that just gives all the more reason.

Good luck with like Joseph and Goodbye :)

+1 by Joseph
rigby
professional slay

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
22nd December 2019, 07:07 AM

Toby wrote on 22nd December 2019, 06:33 AM:
Just leave, you don't need to drop a droning speech.
If you don't have anything nice to say then you don't have to be posting at all. You don't even know me and you have the audacity to be rude. My post clearly states that if you didn't want to read it, you didn't have to. Grow up! :)

+1 by sel, iblue, Sled, izuno and 1 other, -1 by Toby

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
22nd December 2019, 07:25 AM

Toby wrote on 22nd December 2019, 07:13 AM:
Quote:
Joseph wrote on 22nd December 2019, 07:07 AM:
Quote:
Toby wrote on 22nd December 2019, 06:33 AM:
Just leave, you don't need to drop a droning speech.
If you don't have anything nice to say then you don't have to be posting at all. You don't even know me and you have the audacity to be rude. My post clearly states that if you didn't want to read it, you didn't have to. Grow up!
I thought you quit.
I get it, being rude is cool.

+1 by iblue and izuno

62 posts
Seen 18th July 2020
22nd December 2019, 08:31 AM

Joseph wrote on 22nd December 2019, 02:22 AM:
Joseph
December 2014 - December 2019
Hello everyone,
You probably know what this discussion is about from the title of it. This discussion is going to be my quitting post along with the reasons I am quitting. This was not an easy decision to make, but it is one that I'm glad I made. If you would like to know the reasons behind my quitting, continue reading until the end. If you don't, you can move on.
I joined this community around December 2014. I know it may not seem like it since I don't recall things that have happened during that time, but I knew of this community around then and I played on the game a bit. I don't remember when I quit the game, but I would come on sometimes in 2015 but not try for anything serious like ranks and such. When summer 2017 came around, that was when I decided to apply myself more on OldCP and try getting ranks that I have always thought of getting. One of the ranks that I wanted in particular was Moderator and on May 31, 2018, I achieved that rank. I've been on this game for about 2 years now and I think that's a decent amount of time to be in a community, especially when you achieved about everything. I have been Moderator and Head Moderator on both OldCP and iOldCP, so I would say that I got a rank that I longed for. I don't think that there's really any other rank opportunities for me on here anymore.
Another reason that I'm quitting is because the game is getting dry. iOldCP came around with the intention to kill OldCP, but iOldCP was flopping just as bad as the game it was intending to kill. When iOldCP closed, people thought that it was going to give OldCP the spotlight back, but that was just not the case. Instead, OldCP remained the same as it was when there was another game out to get it. This is one of the bigger reasons for my quitting because if there's no users on a game, then there's no need for me to have Moderator; let alone 20 other people. I honestly don't know what's going to happen to the game, but it seems as though nobody is playing when I go online and check it out. This is just something I've seen from my experience trying to play the game; I'm not saying that it's the same for everyone, but I know a lot of people have brought this up in the past and still mention it.
One final reason why I'm quitting is because of the way things are handled around here. Looking back at the old leadership of this community, half of the stuff that goes on today would not be going on right now if things were still taken seriously. I feel as though in some situations, there's a lot of biased motivations for moves that are made to try and "defuse issues." I'm not going to go into too much details about this since I don't want this post to be taken down for "drama." In all, you know who you are if you're reading this. The actions here are just not needed and they disappoint me. I feel as though they give the community a bad name and maybe that's part of the reason why we're not growing. Also, a lot of the people who I'm close with now are either not in this community anymore or have never been in this community.
Sorry if it seems as though this post was meant to attack anyone, it really wasn't. This post was so that I could put my feelings out there about the community. I'm not saying everything here was bad, I do appreciate the experiences I was given and some of the people that I have met in this community. I'm not going to post some "thank you" thread at the end of my post because if you've helped me or influenced me in any way, you should already know who you are. Also, I don't want to do it because there's some people who think you owe them something when you don't.
Thanks for reading,
- Joseph
P.S. If you need something, you can message me on Discord. I will continue to be using Discord.

I AM SO SAD AND MAD at the same time. Joseph you've been the best moderator since 2014. You were cheering everyone. i know its really hard to leave.

I wish i would be like you. I can replace you IF YOU WANT. New user: Dalome

Good luck in the future,
Serge

+1 by Joseph
[color=][/color]JoeMaMa:@§>€]2{]3\£]£|]|]\€<€]|<~\£]£]484874[43773[2<2<3[4[4\4\4\4\4LOVEDAMEN JoeMaMa:@§>€]2{]3\£]£|]|]\€<€]|<~\£]£]484874[43773[2<2<3[4[4\4\4\4\4LOVEDAMEN JoeMaMa:@§>€]2{]3\£]£|]|]\€<€]|<~\£]£]484874[43773[2<2<3[4[4\4\4\4\4LOVEDAMEN JoeMaMa:@§>€]2{]3\£]£|]|]\€<€]|<~\£]£]484874[43773[2<2<3[4[4\4\4\4\4LOVEDAMEN JoeMaMa:@§>€]2{]3\£]£|]|]\€<€]|<~\£]£]484874[43773[2<2<3[4[4\4\4\4\4LOVEDAMEN JoeMaMa:@§>€]2{]3\£]£|]|]\€<€]|<~\£]£]484874[43773[2<2<3[4[4\4\4\4\4LOVEDAMEN JoeMaMa:@§>€]2{]3\£]£|]|]\€<€]|<~\£]£]484874[43773[2<2<3[4[4\4\4\4\4LOVEDAMEN JoeMaMa:@§>€]2{]3\£]£|]|]\€<€]|<~\£]£]484874[43773[2<2<3[4[4\4\4\4\4LOVEDAMEN

night cruising
Master
2,329 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd December 2019, 01:18 PM

We made some great memories together on OldCP, it's sad to see a great member of the community leave. Best wishes to you bro

+1 by iblue and Joseph

83 posts
Seen 23rd August 2023
22nd December 2019, 05:42 PM

ill miss our vcs with pic and the gc sm! getting to know u made my experience in this community so much more enjoyable <3 wishing u all the best for 2020!!! :) ill miss u!

+1 by Joseph, zoe and Flame
rila

Login or join the forums to reply.