Seen 31st August 2023
2nd January 2020, 07:06 PM

Damn everytime i loose the mod vote.

"Abso • lutely not a Pe • do"!

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
2nd January 2020, 07:13 PM

I'm gonna make an additional comment on this post. I completely understand where people are coming from with the redemption votes being unfair. I used to be the Head Moderator and I had more yes than no votes and I was still demoted from the role. Hours later, I was then demoted from Moderator because apparently I quit when that never came out of my mouth. I know this was awhile ago, but I'm only brining it up to relate to a relevant occurrence that just happened. For some people, this upset me because I was in their shoes once, being treated differently and unfairly and such.

+1 by Sled, Brit and Alea

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
2nd January 2020, 07:19 PM

Joseph wrote on 2nd January 2020, 07:13 PM:
I'm gonna make an additional comment on this post. I completely understand where people are coming from with the redemption votes being unfair. I used to be the Head Moderator and I had more yes than no votes and I was still demoted from the role. Hours later, I was then demoted from Moderator because apparently I quit when that never came out of my mouth. I know this was awhile ago, but I'm only brining it up to relate to a relevant occurrence that just happened. For some people, this upset me because I was in their shoes once, being treated differently and unfairly and such.
to be fair you should have never been demoted from moderator and should have been repromoted because you never quit. A handful of the moderators that were voted off have been consistently inactive which is understandable because of schoolwork which I can relate to highly. We do want people to be active from this point going forward, and we want all the moderators to clearly want to be motivated and active, and put in some hours (although not asking for people to be on top most active users). Although, I don't think he should have agreed with every single vote off, there are three great moderators who had enemies in the crowd, which is why redemption sucks.

+1 by Joseph, Loki, Brit and Lil Khal K

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
2nd January 2020, 07:23 PM

Sleddy wrote on 2nd January 2020, 07:19 PM:
Quote:
to be fair you should have never been demoted from moderator and should have been repromoted because you never quit. A handful of the moderators that were voted off have been consistently inactive which is understandable because of schoolwork which I can relate to highly. Although, I don't think he should have agreed with every single vote off, there are three great moderators who had enemies in the crowd, which is why redemption sucks.
Honestly, I agree though. I feel as though redemption is just one of those things that people only come out of the woodwork for just to get a rank. Redemption is far from fair and the people voting the Moderators in or out are voting with more emotion than logic. If people don't know someone, it's an automatic no. If you don't know the person because you don't play the game a lot, I don't think you should be voting on them for one and then trying to get a staff position for two. I just don't like the fact how hostile things can get, and how it can upset a lot of people when the results come out. Personally, I think I would have been voted out if I had not resigned from my position. I'm still a bit mad about past things that have happened to me with ranks on here, but there's not much to do about it now. Also, where was Head Moderator in these votes? No hate to Jenna, I'm just curious.

P.S. I was also a bit mad that I had to re earn a rank I lost because of something I didn't do or make official. It honestly showed my dedication though and I was still treated poorly.

+1 by Sled, Loki and Lil Khal K

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
2nd January 2020, 07:29 PM

Joseph wrote on 2nd January 2020, 07:23 PM:
Quote:
Sleddy wrote on 2nd January 2020, 07:19 PM:
Quote:
to be fair you should have never been demoted from moderator and should have been repromoted because you never quit. A handful of the moderators that were voted off have been consistently inactive which is understandable because of schoolwork which I can relate to highly. Although, I don't think he should have agreed with every single vote off, there are three great moderators who had enemies in the crowd, which is why redemption sucks.
Honestly, I agree though. I feel as though redemption is just one of those things that people only come out of the woodwork for just to get a rank. Redemption is far from fair and the people voting the Moderators in or out are voting with more emotion than logic. If people don't know someone, it's an automatic no. If you don't know the person because you don't play the game a lot, I don't think you should be voting on them for one and then trying to get a staff position for two. I just don't like the fact how hostile things can get, and how it can upset a lot of people when the results come out. Personally, I think I would have been voted out if I had not resigned from my position. I'm still a bit mad about past things that have happened to me with ranks on here, but there's not much to do about it now. Also, where was Head Moderator in these votes? No hate to Jenna, I'm just curious.
P.S. I was also a bit mad that I had to re earn a rank I lost because of something I didn't do or make official. It honestly showed my dedication though and I was still treated poorly.
I thought we voted on her but maybe not...I think I got distracted. I do think demoting people and promoting people should be strictly discussed by admins, but since this event did bring people online, it is continued to be done. I do like that we have some new/returning faces, but I wish those people had played more before earning a rank back. Also it is very upsetting what happened to you and I wish I could have done something about it. It's good to speak up as well.

+1 by Brit and LiveToDance

Lil Khal K
165 posts
Seen 12th February 2021
2nd January 2020, 08:39 PM

Sucks that we got a GMW that logged on for 1 day in 2 years and got the rank VS someone whos active and trained over 10 people and was in the council. What a shame. Jack, you messed up bro. Big time. You want the Wise/Moth council to live? Then give it to me, not some guy that is inactive and wont do crap for the council. IVE BEEN LOYAL TO THE COUNCIL FOR 3 YEARS. 3 FREAKING YEARS. Sure Jacobg was loyal but he quit and came back for 1 day (redemption) and you let him have GMW... When pretty much most people wanted me, and for Jacob it was just a bunch of old users that returned for 2 days for mod. I am dissapointed in not only you, but the community as well. Feel free to dislike my post Abu (:

+1 by Jacobg627, Fable and Joseph
- Lil Khal K AKA Chase101 AKA Chasey AKA Jimmythepig AKA Lil Albino K.

1,137 posts
Seen 14th August 2023
2nd January 2020, 08:45 PM

ggwp xddd

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd January 2020, 09:04 PM

ChaseDSGHQ wrote on 2nd January 2020, 08:39 PM:
Sucks that we got a GMW that logged on for 1 day in 2 years and got the rank VS someone whos active and trained over 10 people and was in the council. What a shame. Jack, you messed up bro. Big time. You want the Wise/Moth council to live? Then give it to me, not some guy that is inactive and wont do crap for the council. IVE BEEN LOYAL TO THE COUNCIL FOR 3 YEARS. 3 FREAKING YEARS. Sure Jacobg was loyal but he quit and came back for 1 day (redemption) and you let him have GMW... When pretty much most people wanted me, and for Jacob it was just a bunch of old users that returned for 2 days for mod. I am dissapointed in not only you, but the community as well. Feel free to dislike my post Abu (:
Opinion: You worshiped him. If God himself came down would you treat him this way? Jacob trained me, Milan, and many others like Ninjitsusir. They've done so much in their lives. He started this council in 2013. 3 years is nothing. What did Jack do? This was a group effort. We all came back to enjoy the game. Jacob didn't need to apply. He chose to apply. I'm sad your "dissapointed" in Jacob. You personally attacked me and treated me terribly. Abu is an admin, he likes and dislikes what he wants. He supports Jacob for being mature about the situation. Thank you
Fable the Wise (gee that name hasn't been used in forever)

-1 by Lil Khal K and Loki

Fable

Valiant

Lil Khal K
165 posts
Seen 12th February 2021
2nd January 2020, 09:10 PM

fable wrote on 2nd January 2020, 09:04 PM:
Quote:
ChaseDSGHQ wrote on 2nd January 2020, 08:39 PM:
Opinion: You worshiped him. If God himself came down would you treat him this way? Jacob trained me, Milan, and many others like Ninjitsusir. They've done so much in their lives. He started this council in 2013. 3 years is nothing. What did Jack do? This was a group effort. We all came back to enjoy the game. Jacob didn't need to apply. He chose to apply. I'm sad your "dissapointed" in Jacob. You personally attacked me and treated me terribly. Abu is an admin, he likes and dislikes what he wants. He supports Jacob for being mature about the situation. Thank you
Fable the Wise (gee that name hasn't been used in forever)

Check out my recent post on being kind to one another. You're not so innocent bud.

-1 by door
- Lil Khal K AKA Chase101 AKA Chasey AKA Jimmythepig AKA Lil Albino K.

USA
394 posts
Seen 21st February 2022
3rd January 2020, 07:25 AM

this is the dubest thing ive ever seen. lets fire all the good people and hire bakon!

+1 by bakon and Joseph
spoke,val,sid,candy

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
4th January 2020, 12:55 AM

Jibreel1024 wrote on 3rd January 2020, 07:25 AM:
this is the dubest thing ive ever seen. lets fire all the good people and hire bakon!
Imagine firing people for being guilty of something that the people who were just hired are also guilty of. Oh wait- that's not a new thing. People only want change now because it happened to them. At least now more people know how it feels.

+1 by Alea

USA
394 posts
Seen 21st February 2022
4th January 2020, 02:16 PM

Joseph wrote on 4th January 2020, 12:55 AM:
Quote:
Imagine firing people for being guilty of something that the people who were just hired are also guilty of. Oh wait- that's not a new thing. People only want change now because it happened to them. At least now more people know how it feels.

Joseph u make me dead HHAHAHA. legit ur like the only person who says real stuff on here and people still tryna flame you .
s m h

+1 by Joseph
spoke,val,sid,candy

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
4th January 2020, 04:57 PM

Jibreel1024 wrote on 4th January 2020, 02:16 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
Joseph u make me dead HHAHAHA. legit ur like the only person who says real stuff on here and people still tryna flame you .
s m h
Honestly though, people now only wanna talk trash on me because I'm not a Moderator anymore. Back then, half of these people wouldn't be saying the stuff they're saying to my face if I was still on the staff team. But let's hire these people- disgusting!

+1 by Alea

USA
394 posts
Seen 21st February 2022
4th January 2020, 07:55 PM

Joseph wrote on 4th January 2020, 04:57 PM:
Quote:
Jibreel1024 wrote on 4th January 2020, 02:16 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
s m h
Honestly though, people now only wanna talk trash on me because I'm not a Moderator anymore. Back then, half of these people wouldn't be saying the stuff they're saying to my face if I was still on the staff team. But let's hire these people- disgusting!

omg

+1 by Joseph
spoke,val,sid,candy

Master
745 posts
Seen 29th August 2020
4th January 2020, 10:29 PM

I'm pretty late to reply to this discussion (and to the comments) but I had a suggestion. I'm not sure if it'll be read by anyone after most of the commotion surrounding this topic has settled down, but I figured it might be cool to give some input as a witness to the drama that usually occurs over redemption. This idea has probably been considered in the past (or maybe even done), but it usually never hurts to share an opinion so I'm going to give it a go. Hopefully even as an outsider, my words can be of at least a little benefit.

Onto the suggestion ---- What I personally recommend is that the entire administration team of OldCP is to give a yes/no vote in response to each verdict before it's official. This lets valuable insight on who should stay/be promoted/be demoted be heard before decisions are made. And if possible, maybe seek creating a poll on the forums consisting of the results from OldCP (so that the public can vote a second time if they think the OldCP result should be marked in stone before it's rendered official .... which I say mainly because there are people who AFK on OldCP in one spot, and through a poll on the forums it's impossible to do that). This might seem to be of too much effort for what's only a game, but if events like redemption are thought of as unfair by so many people, then something certainly needs to change if we all want a decently happy community. The outline of how voting works needs to be as fair as possible so that it doesn't drive anyone away. I've read complaint after complaint that directly correlates to someone leaving, or considering leaving, out of feeling like the ranking system is biased and that their role is not appreciated.

The reason I suggest this, instead of scrapping redemption as a whole, is because it's obvious that events like this having to do with power over the game are popular and attract quite a few people back to OldCP (which brings me to the point that I don't think ranks should be of utmost importance in the eyes of the user base, but that's a subject for another time). Either way, the comments on this discussion lead me to the conclusion that things need to be modified going forward so that the DSGHQ can maintain a positive environment. That's just my own two cents though.
Sleddy wrote on 2nd January 2020, 07:29 PM:
I thought we voted on her but maybe not...I think I got distracted. I do think demoting people and promoting people should be strictly discussed by admins, but since this event did bring people online, it is continued to be done. I do like that we have some new/returning faces, but I wish those people had played more before earning a rank back. Also it is very upsetting what happened to you and I wish I could have done something about it. It's good to speak up as well.

^ This is part of what brought me to the conclusion I have. Staying true to what Sled mentioned about redemption bringing people online, while also adding in the element of reviewal by the admins. And as a side note, to consider doing polls on the forums to double check results (e.g. if a moderator was found to be in favor of demotion on OldCP, and the forums poll says they should stay, then the next step would be to consult the administration).

This ended up being a super lengthy reply, but I enjoy helping out in any way even if it means devoting my time to a simple to fix issue, so hopefully my opinion on things might add to the 'improvement suggestion box' per se!

Login or join the forums to reply.