12th July 2020

The Future of Penguin Watch

Made by CoffeeCow in Announcements

Master
838 posts
Seen 7th July 2023
12th July 2020, 03:32 PM

Greetings!

I would like to start off this post by explaining an announcement that has been noticeable since the past couple of days. Taken into consideration of respecting one’s privacy and confidentiality, this final decision came into the table unexpectedly and quickly. Fortunately, the administrators, captains and everyone else, on behalf of the Penguin Watch team, have processed and remained settled during this difficult time. I would like to thank the many individuals who have been respectful and able to shift quickly into this change. Without them, this discussion would not have happened in the first place.
With this being said, I have the absolute pleasure and honor of being your Senior Penguin Watch Captain.

On Thursday, July 9th, the Penguin Watch Captains, others and I had the opportunity to share our ideas for the better of not only for the team, but also for the community too. On Friday, these proposals were accepted. Today, I am more than happy to release this information to the public. Without further ado, here are the confirmed changes that will be happening starting today.

Proposals
  • Twenty-Four Hour Response.
    Any user who has sent in their application or report shall be answered in under twenty-four hours. This rule will be implemented on any given official Penguin Watch account or platform; such as email, forum and Discord.
    Please take into consideration that the twenty-four hour system is used for responses only. This does not signify that your issue will be resolved in under the time span.

• Forum Account
    Applications are too important to be forgotten. The mail system on the forum is a useful way to get in touch with almost everyone from the community. This will also settle the problem of those who do not have a Discord account. Although vacancies will still be an option, the forum account will allow users to send in their application at any given point and time. Applications that are sent directly to the mail will be kept and be used for future reference.
    The email will still be used. If someone does not have access to it, forum mail will be available to them 24/7. It is easier, faster and more efficient.
    Only the Senior Penguin Watch Captain, Assistant and Application Master will be able to use this functionality.

• Bonding Night (sponsored by the Penguin Watch)
    This event will allow the Senior Penguin Watch Captain, Assistant and Captains to assist in hosting an all time favorite Penguin Watch team event to the public. These bonding night(s) will include activities such as: movie night, radio shows, voice calls and more. In partnership with Game Master and Penguin Watch Assistant, Laylette has offered and given the team permission to use her game ideas brought to the community, which include Scattergories and Skribbl.io. This will not and should not affiliate with Game Nights.

• Game Night (sponsored by Penguin Watch Team)
    This proposal is different from the previous. In partnership with Game Hosts, the Penguin Watch Team will have the honor of funding the prizes. Helping to fund the Game Hosts will assist them by giving them more opportunities to host games, which will benefit the community as well. The gold will be provided by the Penguin Watch bank. Game Hosts and the Game Master will still be able to continue to host their events on a regular, near daily-basis.

• Penguin Watch Bank Account
    As mentioned earlier on, the Penguin Watch Team will have the ability to fund Game Nights. Along with that, an idea that was formerly taken into action and will be reintroduced is salaries for the Penguin Watch members.
    Penguin Watch salaries will commence on the first day of the month of August. Penguin Watch members will receive 4,000 gold by the end of the month before 12:00 am EST. In order to obtain their payment, the requirement is to be active for at least eighteen hours per month. The member is obligated to show their performance and do their duties on-game as well. If one or more of the requirements is not fulfilled by the second to last day of the month, the member’s payment will not be dispensed.
    These payments will not be funded by the Imperial Bank, and instead will be provided by the Penguin Watch bank account.

- - -

These five proposals will take action immediately when this discussion is posted. The intention for these is to improve the team and to involve everyone in the community. I thought it would be best for all to be informed of what will occur.
I would personally like to thank all the captains, members and administrators for taking their time and dedication into these proposals. We are very eager to commence this new beginning.
More ideas will forthcome in the upcoming weeks. It is important to take one step at a time. I would appreciate everyone to bare with us in creating and approving future decisions.
Information on all proposals will be posted on the forum soon such as; access to updates on the forum account and Penguin Watch sponsored events.

With these changes, we are ushering in a new era of the Penguin Watch.
”Once a brother, always a brother.”

Sincerely,
Senior Captain CoffeeCow

- - -
Credits

Zeshan for creating the new Penguin Watch logo.
Laylette for assisting me in writing this discussion.
The administrators, captains and members for everything.

+1 by EbonJaeger, Zes, Rachell, Chelsey and 22 others

shutup
Master
586 posts
Seen 24th October 2021
12th July 2020, 03:38 PM

W

+1 by V, and Boshi

IKEA Swedish Meatballs
Master
492 posts
Seen 5th October 2020
12th July 2020, 03:39 PM

This sounds like really awesome stuff! Glad to see that the Penguin Watch is in good hands! :D

+1 by Zes, V, Jake01 and

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
12th July 2020, 03:48 PM

LESS GO BABYYYY XOXO <3

+1 by Zes and V

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
12th July 2020, 04:56 PM

These are good proposals, I hope everything works out.

+1 by V

Christ is King
1,266 posts
Seen 2nd August 2023
12th July 2020, 06:01 PM

I like those proposals. And the new logo is fire.

+1 by V and Paul

Login or join the forums to reply.