12th December 2020

Reminder of Respect

Made by EpicAnimatorGuy in Announcements

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 27th September 2024
12th December 2020, 11:17 AM

Hello All. This is a bit different to the discussions I usually make on the forums but I think that this should be pointed out.

We have all been victims of drama within the community. Either on Oldcp or the Forums, we've all been apart of Drama.

In life we're all gonna fall out and disagree with one an other, but at the end of the day, Drama can be very very unnecessary.

Now it's not just Drama I'm focusing on, it's our choice of language used within the community. We've been here long enough to know that words that come across as offensive or inappropriate are not tolerated.

Regardless on if you're the one who is in the right. When it comes to cussing or being very offensive, it will not be tolerated, regardless of your place within the community. Now I would like to point out that I have made mistakes like this before, I cuss a lot irl, and sometimes I would accidently (sometimes on purpose) use words that are not tolerated within the DSGHQ values. I've been in Drama and said such things that can come across as Offensive. I'm not using HUMOR as an excuse as using that type of humor should only stay between people who actually enjoy that type of Humor. Do not use those type of words towards people who ain't a fan of that choice of Language. I too have been in this position as my had is proper clapped. (Instagram was black listed for a while as I made jokes that I regret. but thats the past)

Now I want to talk about the recent Drama that's been taking over the Forums. Recently, Wilf and Alatar made a discussion name talking about why they hate women or whatever. Now regardless if its funny, saying you either hate Women or Men is sexist. Doesn't matter what gender you are. Saying you dislike any gender (Male or Female) counts as offensive, we were meant to be equal so it works both ways, if you say you hate men, its sexist, saying you hate women, is sexist.

But the discussions were taking down as they were misogynistic, Correct me if I'm wrong.

It doesn't matter if you're "in the right" it matters on how you word yourself. If it counts as rude or offensive, it will be taken down, no if's not but's, these are the rules and we chose to follow them, the whole point of being a staff member is trying to reduce the amount of drama that appears. Now that may have not worked as we do like to hear what the community has to say for themselves, but sometimes it can be pushed too far.

Now us forums mods also had to remove Narc's post. Though we understood why Narc made the discussion and that she was trying to stand up for Loki. She used a word that doesn't really come across as offensive, but can be to many people. so we deleted it as it counted as a curse word. Though Narc made some good points, we still have to use our community values/rules to stop curse words from being in the forums.

This can also show that not all mods can be bias, just cause we have best friends doesn't mean we let them go with certain rules broken. We have a job to do, and we must make it fair.

Any questions please let us know as we wanna make sure that we stop this from happening

+1 by Sled, Loki, Julianhak, Damen and 15 others

Quote:
Lol and fart

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
12th December 2020, 11:20 AM

Please let the moderation team do their job and don't cause drama because its against the rules and we have to take action against you if you cause it which makes us sad so just don't do it. As Ringo Starr from The Beatles says....PEACE AND LOVE PEACE AND LOVE!!!

+1 by Loki, Damen, zenny, Narcissa and 5 others

Login or join the forums to reply.