18th December 2020

the death update suggestions

Made by Sled in Penguin3D

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
18th December 2020, 03:52 PM

Ok so I understand it's supposed to make the game more challenging but I feel like the death update just pushes users away. Like people want to play on their main account but if you've died quite a few times you are forced to create an alt to keep playing. This means just starting over and collecting stuff from the beginning.

I feel like the atmosphere of this game should be more so about hanging out with friends and completing stuff rather than avoiding death. It's so easy to die on the game. Sometimes its not even your fault (like random people with weapons killing you).

Also Dice mentioned this as well which I think is important to think about, if a moderator dies a lot then that means they have to abandon their account or resign because they are unable to play.

So here is a suggestion: Have the time reset every 7 days or have the amount of time you have to wait go down one step every 24 hours or something like that. IDK. It's just that the fact that it's adding up to be over 5 hours or more is just way too much and is pushing users away.

That's my opinion. I like the idea & I'm really enjoying the game but yeah it sucks because I'm trying to learn how to drive an airplane and my deaths are really adding up now.

+1 by Zaron, Miromeski, Boshi, Varai and 7 others

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
18th December 2020, 03:57 PM

P3D staff really wanted a every 6th death(2 hour reset) that way it still is strict about death but also does not drive away the users from the game. If theres no reset, users will have to abandon their accounts and start all over. We should also be allowed to transfer some things from void instead of not being able to transfer anything, the users work hard and spend a lot of time to earn their items

+1 by Sled, Boshi and DaN

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
18th December 2020, 04:01 PM

Littlemix wrote on 18th December 2020, 03:57 PM:
P3D staff really wanted a every 6th death(2 hour reset) that way it still is strict about death but also does not drive away the users from the game. If theres no reset, users will have to abandon their accounts and start all over. We should also be allowed to transfer some things from void instead of not being able to transfer anything, the users work hard and spend a lot of time to earn their items
Good idea. I don't know if I agree with transferring items because that's easy to abuse and basically makes it so death means nothing because you can just move your items and keep playing, and I think if time resets then there would be no need for it. Maybe just ores could be transferred

+1 by Varai

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
18th December 2020, 04:24 PM

Sleddy wrote on 18th December 2020, 04:01 PM:
Quote:
Littlemix wrote on 18th December 2020, 03:57 PM:
Good idea. I don't know if I agree with transferring items because that's easy to abuse and basically makes it so death means nothing because you can just move your items and keep playing, and I think if time resets then there would be no need for it. Maybe just ores could be transferred
Items like Ores, Clothes, maybe even armor oh and that we DONT lose weapons that are NOT equipped either, it’s not fair, we spend hours mining just to lose em without having them equipped!

+1 by Sled and Miromeski

Emperor of OldCP
Master
1,122 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
19th December 2020, 12:14 AM

Yeah I agree tbh the death system should be changed or there be someway to lower it

+1 by Sled and DaN

Login or join the forums to reply.