20th March 2021

Penguin3D's combat system is garbage

Made by Alatar in Penguin3D

Alatar
1,164 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th March 2021, 05:40 PM

OldCP's combat system is absolutely unreasonable. It doesn't control too well and requires a lot of work to understand.

Penguin3D as a game is flawed already. It's actually somewhat unbearable. But the combat system is a fresh hell.

There's 0 skill involved. Spamclicking doesn't matter, because each sword swing is set to an exact animation. Not to mention, blocking doesnt help much, because you can't turn your player in a 360 motion, and you can be looking behind you in first person, yet be attacked and take damage.

The reason people win fights on that game isn't because they fought hard, either. It just depends on who has the stronger gear.

Because there's no skill involved, if you don't have enough to amount to the damage and health as those you're fighting, you die. They could be completely new to the game, and all you have to do is hand them the newest sword and armor and they'd win every fight.

You can move, yes, but it doesn't make much difference; the person with the stronger weapon will always win regardless.

So having a WC on Penguin3D is absolutely stupid. And it shouldn't bring it over to OldCP either.

I could drag this out longer, but that's all I've got to say.

+1 by Jesse, Stoneclash, SecurityGuy, Stryke and 1 other

178 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th March 2021, 10:58 PM

The introduction of bows to Penguin3D have significantly increased the level of skills needed for pvp, especially at aiming, making it possible to beat stronger players without approaching to them which is a bit unfair because arrows cannot be blocked. The game needs a combat update

hi
647 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st March 2021, 05:24 AM

Most people with push have a MAJOR advantage with combat, I don't agree with you saying P3D is trash, but when you join a room and someone can instantly stop you from moving, hold you by them and deal almost half their health in one hit is crazy.

Emperor of OldCP
Master
1,122 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st March 2021, 11:36 PM

Like Miro said I only find the force push thing annoying cuz kids can just force push you then its impossible to leave and I've died a lot from that and the weapon damage also is kind of weird in P3D and should probably be more balanced.

+1 by MaceWindu

Login or join the forums to reply.