30th April 2021

Penguin 3D Ideas

Made by Flame in Penguin3D

Off the deep end
Master
515 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th April 2021, 07:27 PM

Hey everyone, around a year ago I had made a post with ideas for Penguin 3D about ideas I had for the game, a good amount of them were added which I'm glad that is the case. However now I have more ideas for the game that I would like to share with you all, get your feedback, and even get some of your ideas to make this a nice post to show where interest will be in Penguin 3D! But yeah other than that..

RPG ELEMENTS

Special Attacks

With the idea of Force Lightning and the desire for it, I've seen interest and I have an interest for attacks like it. Similar to the Fire Breath attack people had on OldCP, I think this would be a nice addition, but doesn't have the be fire breath itself. Personally, I've always wanted to be able to attack with fire coming out of my hands rather than fire breath on OldCP. And I have heard of the "Ignis" attack from Rogue Lineage which is some Roblox game I don't play, it is the same concept. Spewing fire from ones hands would be a magical attack and I think it would need something to balance it out as it would hopefully be one powerful and devastating attack. Which I will get to with one of my later ideas. Magic attacks would be an awesome thing to have in the game and it would diversify the way people fight. A lot of games and movies/shows whatever have elemental magic, such as fire, ice, electric, earth, etc etc. I would like to see the first 3 as a possibility for Penguin3D. And to be the gateway to more powerful, and even devastating magic attacks that people can unlock(or be gifted) after mastering magic abilities.

Mana & Stamina

With Magic, something must be given in return to use such power. I believe such a thing should be Mana. Mana is used in all sorts of media as the fuel of magic (I guess?). But Mana would be drained after using a power, such as Force Fire as mentioned above, or Force Push. That way they're not to be the only way to fight. As it would change everything if you were able to infinitely attack at a range outside of using bows. However there is another thing I would like to see which is Stamina. Stamina would be used for Force Fly and other could use. Such as Sprinting, which is something I will be mentioning down below. But I would very much like to see these 2 considered in the game.

Sprinting

As mentioned above, I think Sprinting should be something considered in the game. Now it doesn't need to be a whole new animation, but some people just want to get from point A to point B faster. However it shouldn't be something the one can toggle and now they're sprinting for ages, no, it should use Stamina as mentioned above. The walk key is nice and after all, since it is less tiresome to walk than sprint, shouldn't use stamina. But sprinting should be added alongside Stamina. I also think sprinting should double ones running speed rather than add lets say, 1 clamp to it, but should multiply it by 2.

Leveling Up

Now that there are levels in the game and people are able to level up, I think this system should be redone. Sure its an incentive to stay on and collect levels if you're a force push user, but there is no other incentive than that rather than the gold one may earn. Therefore I think it would be nice to be able to unlock some abilities after leveling up. Such as force fly or force push. Or up attributes like Health, speed, stamina, mana or any others that could be added to the game.

UI ELEMENTS

Dedicated and Flushed out Health Bar

I think the Health Bar should be different than what it is now. As you most likely know, the health bar appears at the bottom of your screen when you're hit or taking damage. I think it should always be there so you are always aware of your health and how much you have. Armor is another key thing that increases ones health to something higher. Which I think should have a different color on the health bar. I think it would be a good concept to have the base health show up as red in the health bar, and then the armor be grey. It would also be nice to have your health overlayed on top of the bar, so once you're taking damage, you don't need to stop and do /h because that value is shown on the bar along with a nice bar showing how low you actually are. That way you can make split second decisions while fighting the opponent in front of you.

Mana Bar/Stamina Bar

Similarly to the Health Bar, I would like there to be a dedicated Mana Bar that would have a numeric value and a bar showing ones mana. The same would go for a Stamina bar. As I think these would be interesting aspects to the game and allow the player to know what they can and can't do in a situation.

These are just a few ideas I had, I know I had more but I've forgotten them rip. Tell me your ideas down below!

+1 by jay, SecurityGuy, Zaron, Miromeski and 8 others
On strike

Emperor of OldCP
Master
1,122 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th April 2021, 07:29 PM

Great ideas Flame!

+1 by Flame

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th April 2021, 07:29 PM

Controlla support too legit all u need to do is fix movement (with left joystick) and camera turning (with right joystick) everything else u customize in keybinds

then i'll beat anyone on p3d idc

+1 by Flame

B19 BOY
Master
2,048 posts
Seen 28th August 2023
30th April 2021, 09:26 PM

I play Rogue Lineage but not all the time. Me, Zpheal, Julian, Warth, and Chopper play the game but some of us don't anymore sometimes I go on there.

Since Ignis & Gelidus (Fire & Ice) spells were technically portrayed in the Penguin3D movie, in a scene where Manwe & Pythas's spells were clashing

It reminded me and Zpheal of the Rogue Lineage Spells of Ignis & Gelidus. @damen (this could be good to implement to P3D although P3D focuses more on the force, I think it should also focus on these type of elemental spells and you have already in a way portrayed them in the P3D movie itself)

Ignis:

- Ignis basically casts a wave of fire in front of the caster.

Gelidus:

- Gelidus casts a close-range wave of ice in front of the caster.

Spell Backfires

There should be backfires in P3D for spells, alike for Rogue Lineage for example the spells you cast all the time won't always work perfectly sometimes the spells will backfire resulting in:

For examples (Ignis & Gelidus)

- IF you backfire Ignis, you will end up setting yourself on fire and your health goes down fast from the fire since both spells are capable of inflicting a decent amount of damage (stronger than sabers) IF you use Ignis against an opponent, you'll obviously set them on fire and also knock them back and they'll be on fire for like 7 seconds then the fire goes off them but damages their health low.

- IF you backfire Gelidus, you'd most likely freeze yourself and encounter frostbite and perhaps slow speed however if you use Gelidus against an opponent it will freeze them and knock them backwards and make them have slow speed for a few seconds.

I strongly believe that spell backfires would be strongly required if these spells are implemented into the game, this is because you don't just want a boring battle where you've 'fully mastered' a spell and have no backfires or drawbacks, it's boring and not fun because half the villains // heroes already have force push with no backfires.

INFACT, I propose that FORCE PUSH should have a RARE backfire where sometimes it won't work and it will sometimes make you PUSH YOURSELF BACKWARDS a bit.

Saviour of Dunes
Master
524 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th April 2021, 09:43 PM

Pingu17174 wrote on 30th April 2021, 09:26 PM:
I play Rogue Lineage but not all the time. Me, Zpheal, Julian, Warth, and Chopper play the game but some of us don't anymore sometimes I go on there.
Since Ignis & Gelidus (Fire & Ice) spells were technically portrayed in the Penguin3D movie, in a scene where Manwe & Pythas's spells were clashing
It reminded me and Zpheal of the Rogue Lineage Spells of Ignis & Gelidus. @damen (this could be good to implement to P3D although P3D focuses more on the force, I think it should also focus on these type of elemental spells and you have already in a way portrayed them in the P3D movie itself)
Ignis:
- Ignis basically casts a wave of fire in front of the caster.
Gelidus:
- Gelidus casts a close-range wave of ice in front of the caster.
Spell Backfires
There should be backfires in P3D for spells, alike for Rogue Lineage for example the spells you cast all the time won't always work perfectly sometimes the spells will backfire resulting in:
For examples (Ignis & Gelidus)
- IF you backfire Ignis, you will end up setting yourself on fire and your health goes down fast from the fire since both spells are capable of inflicting a decent amount of damage (stronger than sabers) IF you use Ignis against an opponent, you'll obviously set them on fire and also knock them back and they'll be on fire for like 7 seconds then the fire goes off them but damages their health low.
- IF you backfire Gelidus, you'd most likely freeze yourself and encounter frostbite and perhaps slow speed however if you use Gelidus against an opponent it will freeze them and knock them backwards and make them have slow speed for a few seconds.
I strongly believe that spell backfires would be strongly required if these spells are implemented into the game, this is because you don't just want a boring battle where you've 'fully mastered' a spell and have no backfires or drawbacks, it's boring and not fun because half the villains // heroes already have force push with no backfires.
INFACT, I propose that FORCE PUSH should have a RARE backfire where sometimes it won't work and it will sometimes make you PUSH YOURSELF BACKWARDS a bit.

I think there should be Mana shields, it would be pretty fair but they also take your Mana

+1 by Flame

Infinite Staircase
Suspended
51 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
30th April 2021, 10:20 PM

penguin lineage

+1 by Flame and kace

Emperor of OldCP
Master
1,122 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st May 2021, 01:06 AM

We should also get new races like vultures or vampires something similar to that

+1 by Loki, Sled, Flame and jay

Emperor of OldCP
Master
1,122 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st May 2021, 01:13 AM

Also this is my 1,000th post!

I wanna shoutout Flame for letting me use this discussion it is now legendary.

And Loki for letting me spam forums

I also wanna shoutout everyone who helped me reach 1,000

+1 by Sled, Loki, Flame and jay

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
1st May 2021, 01:15 AM

SecurityGuy wrote on 1st May 2021, 01:13 AM:
Also this is my 1,000th post!
quit spamming the forums foo'

jk congrats on the badge homie

+1 by SecurityGuy and Loki