23rd July 2022

P3D's Issues

Made by Mirrikh in Penguin3D

Menace to Society
Banned
288 posts
Seen 27th May 2023
23rd July 2022, 04:38 PM

(idk if this goes in suggestions or p3d)
Hey remember when I got a hot discussion for like half a week on OldCP? I'm about to do that but P3D Edition.

Also before you comment I actually want you to digest this post because I feel like only a few in the community understand these problems.

A problem which was relevant in both P3D and OldCP is the circulation of money

In OldCP and P3D there are both banks which store money. But this money just sits there and it's not used to purchase anything besides dripped as hell clothing that release every now and then.

An economy is filled by people and their needs and desires. In P3D you NEED armor, you NEED weapons, but Gold isn't used to get those, it's used to make some ass armor while the REAL DEAL is that ores that you mine.

Ok, so lets mine the ores. Oh wait, you'll end up waiting literally 10 hours autoclicking for a full vanadium set! And don't get me started on amethyst or cosmic..

This grind is ridiculous. New users (or users in general) have to end up begging others for gear, or joining cz just to get gear.

What I propose is a gold-to-other-ore-exchange-program.

Players can use their mass amounts of gold farmed in order to buy other ores. This would give the game's currency a meaning other than sitting in our chests or banks.

This doesn't entirely solve gold's problem. Even with this system it still feels like you can't buy anything. A stock market is a hefty, hefty thing to code, I mean the one in real life is so complicated I wouldn't want to IMAGINE Damen or someone else having to code that. But what else could there be to make gold useful?

A way to make gold an actual currency is to be able to invest in businesses or islands. Maybe a loan system?

Another problem is that the staff or certain people have a monopoly in some things. If you want armor, ask Nargothrond or some dude in CZ. If you want military goods, ask Damen.

Since starting a business in general, is impossible, these monopolies can rack the prices of their goods as much as they want. There's no competition so why not make 1 pistol shot cost 20 gold?

If players were more free to start selling more stuff, there would be actual competition resulting in prices being lower and the overall p3d experience being better. This could also be a better way for money to circulate

A major problem is P3D's lack of updates. Very rarely will a new island pop up, or any new items, gear, anything. The most we got recently is Goblintown (at least we got a new s farming method?) and a pirate quest that isn't even being updated.

I don't know any of the developers personally, like I definitely don't how much free time they have to work on the game, and updates do take time, so of course stuff won't happen instantly. But this community has been basically left without any content it's not even a joke.

There's also a problem where you have to actually PAY people to add stuff into the game. A lot of money is already being made from this game, no doubt, I don't see why people would have to give their shillings over just for an item.

This issue also fails to secure another generation of players for P3D. This is what happened to OldCP. This game has potential to outlive OldCP by YEARS but that's not gonna be happening anytime soon due to the lack of updates.

I also feel like there is a general disconnect between the community and people who make the game. A lot of great ideas have been talked about but none of them have actually been taken into consideration.

One last thing I'd like to say is that there is no benefit to controlling islands. Kabal is an emperor of the most gold-rich island yet he has to ask Orbay for some spare change for shoes.
(BASHY IF UR READING THIS I DIDNT MEAN TO CALL U OUT FR FR. U A REAL ONE!)

You should be able to get cash or ores depending on what island you control. A lot of islands have rare ores but they have yet to make a single penny off of that stuff.

Combat is also finnicky, without stun like there is in other games battles can go up for super long. Sprinting should also be added along with a stamina bar so people wont have to chase their enemies like they're fighting Ultra Instinct Goku.

I think that covers the major issues of the game. This is a discussion for what's wrong with P3D, so if you think I didn't say anything here that's fax make sure to bring it up in the comment feed! Same goes for if you disagree.

+1 by Mercer, Miromeski, teig, Stoneclash and 7 others
Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 2nd August 2024
23rd July 2022, 05:37 PM

Combat within the game will be changed,

Lets keep in mind the combat that p3d uses has been the same since its release (i think) without including the extra animations.

I think ways this could improve is by adding weapon collision when it comes to blocks and etc, and a new player movement system.

The movement is rough, I could be looking left, I end up going right in some occasions. With inaccurate movement, fighting can be tricky.

+1 by Flame, Mirrikh, Kara and Foxel

Quote:
Lol and fart

178 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd July 2022, 06:40 PM

he's got a point, why be rich if you can only buy clothes? lol

178 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd July 2022, 06:57 PM

basedbag wrote on 23rd July 2022, 04:38 PM:
This grind is ridiculous. New users (or users in general) have to end up begging others for gear, or joining cz just to get gear.
I don't even know how I got all my stuff XD

+1 by Ari

The Guy From Boston
Master
1,779 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd July 2022, 07:57 PM

I WANT TO LEGALIZE SLAVERY ON COBIA NOW

+1

+1 by Mirrikh, -1 by Ari

Menace to Society
Banned
288 posts
Seen 27th May 2023
23rd July 2022, 08:18 PM

bashysmelly wrote on 23rd July 2022, 07:57 PM:
I WANT TO LEGALIZE SLAVERY ON COBIA NOW
+1

GOTTA USE THOSE POWs ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!

Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.

Off the deep end
Master
515 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th July 2022, 09:27 AM

To be honest with you, there is a lot more issues than stated here. But I agree with all of the points here.

+1 by Foxel
On strike

Login or join the forums to reply.