6th February 2014

What do you want to do with your online time?

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
6th February 2014, 10:48 AM

$html
Hey dudes and girlies I am Damen from Damen Spike Games HQ and I wanted to quiz you on
<br><br>
<h1>What will you do with... YOUR ONLINE TIME?</h1>
I am planning on making a new SnailsChat! That's right! It will be quite different to SC1, because SC1 had a map showing a forest and stuff. I plan on doing the forest but there will be more of a 'village' feel to it. SC2 won't be the 3D world you saw on Unity, that will be a different snail game.
<br><br>
And of course OldCP looms as ever, but I am getting bored of OldCP... Not much works on it, like igloo and mini games. So I think SC2 will be nice and fun for us all to play, and there will be no shortage of items.
<br><br>
Now, you guys have played CP for a long time. I think it's time we are more fair when it comes to what we play, instead of just insisting playing CP is what you should employ your time with - just because you like it. I think when you see SC2 out you should give that time as-well. Now I know it's down to me to make it FUN, but if chat bubbles, rooms and a nice inventory can excite you for months on end when you're on oldcp, image how much more fun SC2 will be when you see a more realistic, accomplished and professional virtual world?
<br><br>
SC1 had bad artwork, pretty bad artwork indeed. The trees weren't very good, the ground had no detail, the buildings were like boxes and the textures were nowhere. I plan on trying very hard to decorate SC2's attractions and features. I've already made a nice interface that is better than the old one.
<br><br>
So what do you say you give SC2 a really good chance to become your next OldCP, because OldCP is beginning to get REALLY old now so you should think about sharing your online time with other games too. (None of the games on the HQ are very time efficient right now, because PI died.)
<br><br>
<h3>Penguin Isles?</h3>
Yep, that wasn't the best project ever for me. I spent a long time on it, and to be honest all I did was make a virtual world FOR CORY, which upset me because he was the one who made me turn it into penguins which was the downfall.
<br><br>
Penguin Isles failed because nobody wanted to play it when oldcp came out. I mean, comon! You can pretty much do the same if not more things in PI to oldcp. I think the problem lied with the lack of content and vastness of the game. Although Teleportation came, it did come too late for PI. Me, cory and scarlet were planning on making some nice things for PI but it seems it never had the chance to impress. RIP PI and 4 months of Damen's life.
<br><br>
But if you think playing OldCP all the time is better than even TRYING SC2, then that will completely blow a hole in the side of the DS HQ and crushing my and other's dreams (yes I have a dream) because you are not letting new games have a chance to rise. But don't worry, I will make it FOR you, so you will have a say on what appears in the game.
<br><br>
<h3>I have a dream</h3>
It is my dream to own a game as OldCP, but NOT oldcp, my own game. I know I can do it! It's down to my skills and you guys to taste the other table's tasty treats rather than the same old SNICKER. INSTEAD OF SNICKER, LET'S EAT TOBLERONE!
<br><br>
As features are developed, I will ask the HQ what they think of the ideas and then you'll see SC2 will be a game for kids, made BY kids.
<br><br>
Thank you for reading,<br>
Damen

+1 by Archie , Harrypot9, Templar, Scott and 23 others

2,580 posts
Seen 11th November 2019
6th February 2014, 10:53 AM

I agree, Oldcp does not have much to do in it except talk at the town and compete in a mod comp once a month. I mean it is fun and all, but it gets pretty boring. On the other hand, DON'T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT SC1 THAT WAY!!!! Jk, I am very excited for this new project and I will definitely play it as much as I can.

+1 by Damen

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
6th February 2014, 10:57 AM

I have to admit, OldCp is getting slightly boring, no offence.

When I'm online, I like to be able to play games with my friends, and stay quite relaxed. The sort of games I like have multiple features, and always change in a way.

I suggest that some parts could be laid back for late night gaming, whilst other parts can me more complex, and more of a reward winning game.

What I mean by it changing is not always the same rooms for lifetime, but have them renovated from time to time, or not even have rooms out all. Apart from PI, I know no virtual world with rooms.

I like the idea of wheaher. A bit like Minecraft, could you possibly have changing weather/different biomes?

Hope you like my ideas, your sequel sounds great!

+1 by Harrypot9, Kara and Bailey

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
6th February 2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:

When I'm online, I like to be able to play games with my friends, and stay quite relaxed. The sort of games I like have multiple features, and always change in a way.

I suggest that some parts could be laid back for late night gaming, whilst other parts can me more complex, and more of a reward winning game.

What I mean by it changing is not always the same rooms for lifetime, but have them renovated from time to time, or not even have rooms out all. Apart from PI, I know no virtual world with rooms.

I like the idea of wheaher. A bit like Minecraft, could you possibly have changing weather/different biomes?

Minecraft's concept is not a virtual world like SC. Although UnitySnails (the 3d one) will be like that. But, you know... blocks aren't the idea.. lol

+1 by Harrypot9, Gamer, TerryDJ and Kara

Rookie
142 posts
Seen 11th June 2015
6th February 2014, 11:04 AM

What will you do with your online time?

If SC2 is that good I will play it, sounds good so far but ill still play OldCP and other things (even though OldCP is getting kind of boring)

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
6th February 2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Minecraft's concept is not a virtual world like SC. Although UnitySnails (the 3d one) will be like that. But, you know... blocks aren't the idea.. lol

Lol, I gathered that ....

I remember in the original you had seasons, I'm sure. I thought weather changes would be possible as seasons worked.

+1 by Bailey

Some friends
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
6th February 2014, 11:07 AM

Yep there'll be rain and fog and rainbow stuff and leaves according to the game season instead of the REAL season like before.

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
6th February 2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Yep there'll be rain and fog and rainbow stuff and leaves according to the game season instead of the REAL season like before.

Ah, that answers it, thanks.

Mini game idea: Slime trail.

How does it work?

It's only like a basic hunt, but there is a maze of slimes. Only one slime trail is correct, and five of them exist. This gives you a 1/5 chance of winning as you pick one to follow at the start. The correct trail changes eachtime, and leads you to gold. The wrong trails lead you to a big pit, and you receive nothing, but lose 10 coins. If you don't have the coins, you owe.

So basically, it's like a gamble.

+1 by Harrypot9, Kara and Bailey

Some friends

2,580 posts
Seen 11th November 2019
6th February 2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Yes!! I loved that in the original!! Will you have hidden items for every weather?

Rookie
3,203 posts
Seen 20th February 2020
6th February 2014, 11:17 AM

I knew it! You DO have a dream! I'm sorry, the reason I didn't use Penguin Isles was because the areas on OldCP are much easier to find.

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
6th February 2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Yes!! I loved that in the original!! Will you have hidden items for every weather?
Nice idea harry
Quote:
I knew it! You DO have a dream! I'm sorry, the reason I didn't use Penguin Isles was because the areas on OldCP are much easier to find.
Yea, I understand my lovely friend.

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
6th February 2014, 11:33 AM

During my online time I usually play OldCp because I enjoy it but sometimes I see nothing new as in rooms i'v always wanted my own room on OldCp and I had a design but I blew that idea away due to the lack of patients. I always odored OldCp since it was the first cpps I ever played and when I first started I felt as if I was in OldCp and it made me smile. Yet again through out the years earning moderator was amazing but I began to become board by the limits of OldCp I mean it is so fun yet it lacks graphics the rooms are flat kind of boring it limits allot you cant make igloos at all so now I see it as a chat. Snail chat sounds interesting the graphics look grand the snails look cute I think snail chat would be fun I want catalogs,rooms,virtual food,costumes, items for your shell or home I really want to see real life areas such as grass or the sky could be and actual sky that changes through out the day I would love seeing the night sky and everything lights up. Boy I have so many ideas I could share. Yet again zingy's have been on my mind for so long now because heck virtual poop come on you don't see that often maybe zingy's could have a roll in snail chat 2 maybe a party I suppose. I just can't wait what ever you create is fine by me because you have the talent and the skills now you have to show it to US in a new game that is active fun and interesting I would love seeing a story based on it... I think you can do it Damen I have faith and trust in you and I know for a fact you have the skills and the brilliant brain now show it to us darling.

~Good Luck, Sadie :)

+1 by Archie , TerryDJ and Damen
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
6th February 2014, 11:39 AM

I love oldcp and all! But it does get kinda boring. all you can really do is chat. but sometimes ill compete in credit comps!

+1 by Harrypot9

Rap Diablo
Master
3,463 posts
Seen 30th September 2022
6th February 2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
$html

Hey dudes and girlies I am Damen from Damen Spike Games HQ and I wanted to quiz you on

<br><br>

<h1>What will you do with... YOUR ONLINE TIME?</h1>

I am planning on making a new SnailsChat! That's right! It will be quite different to SC1, because SC1 had a map showing a forest and stuff. I plan on doing the forest but there will be more of a 'village' feel to it. SC2 won't be the 3D world you saw on Unity, that will be a different snail game.

<br><br>

And of course OldCP looms as ever, but I am getting bored of OldCP... Not much works on it, like igloo and mini games. So I think SC2 will be nice and fun for us all to play, and there will be no shortage of items.

<br><br>

Now, you guys have played CP for a long time. I think it's time we are more fair when it comes to what we play, instead of just insisting playing CP is what you should employ your time with - just because you like it. I think when you see SC2 out you should give that time as-well. Now I know it's down to me to make it FUN, but if chat bubbles, rooms and a nice inventory can excite you for months on end when you're on oldcp, image how much more fun SC2 will be when you see a more realistic, accomplished and professional virtual world?

<br><br>

SC1 had bad artwork, pretty bad artwork indeed. The trees weren't very good, the ground had no detail, the buildings were like boxes and the textures were nowhere. I plan on trying very hard to decorate SC2's attractions and features. I've already made a nice interface that is better than the old one.

<br><br>

So what do you say you give SC2 a really good chance to become your next OldCP, because OldCP is beginning to get REALLY old now so you should think about sharing your online time with other games too. (None of the games on the HQ are very time efficient right now, because PI died.)

<br><br>

<h3>Penguin Isles?</h3>

Yep, that wasn't the best project ever for me. I spent a long time on it, and to be honest all I did was make a virtual world FOR CORY, which upset me because he was the one who made me turn it into penguins which was the downfall.

<br><br>

Penguin Isles failed because nobody wanted to play it when oldcp came out. I mean, comon! You can pretty much do the same if not more things in PI to oldcp. I think the problem lied with the lack of content and vastness of the game. Although Teleportation came, it did come too late for PI. Me, cory and scarlet were planning on making some nice things for PI but it seems it never had the chance to impress. RIP PI and 4 months of Damen's life.

<br><br>

But if you think playing OldCP all the time is better than even TRYING SC2, then that will completely blow a hole in the side of the DS HQ and crushing my and other's dreams (yes I have a dream) because you are not letting new games have a chance to rise. But don't worry, I will make it FOR you, so you will have a say on what appears in the game.

<br><br>

<h3>I have a dream</h3>

It is my dream to own a game as OldCP, but NOT oldcp, my own game. I know I can do it! It's down to my skills and you guys to taste the other table's tasty treats rather than the same old SNICKER. INSTEAD OF SNICKER, LET'S EAT TOBLERONE!

<br><br>

As features are developed, I will ask the HQ what they think of the ideas and then you'll see SC2 will be a game for kids, made BY kids.

<br><br>

Thank you for reading,<br>

Damen

Damen you can do anything you put ur mind too :)

+1 by DJ

Master
1,827 posts
Seen 19th May 2023
6th February 2014, 12:14 PM

Could we have special shells that represents the weather happening now, like the rainbow shell?
OldCP gets boring each day, I got to admit.

Login or join the forums to reply.