Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
9th March 2014, 08:59 AM

The only role-play that ever happens on oldcp and dsghq is the following:
When Scarlet/Rover is involved
When bombs are involved
When room edits are involved.
When people are used to act as different characters.

What is not role-play:
People having their passwords cracked and their accounts used to ban, ipban and cause havoc on oldcp.

THIS IS WHY WE HAVE MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATORS, SO THIS KIND OF THING DOESNT HAPPEN, NOT TO AID A ROLE PLAY.

So I don't want to see another person saying that what happened was role-play, because I DONT BAN MY OWN USERS FOR SOME DUMB STORY.

So, Kara, Thisismyname and a couple others.... take notice and know I am not stupid enough to ruin my own website.

+1 by Freddy, dayton, Kara, Key and 32 others

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th March 2014, 09:08 AM

Look, I didn't mean it to hurt you.. but I just thought that you were doing all of it. I now know that the hijacks are real. Sorry.

+1 by Ellie, Key, Damen, iSnail and 5 others

Kara
Administrator

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
9th March 2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Look, I didn't mean it to hurt you.. but I just thought that you were doing all of it. I now know that the hijacks are real. Sorry.
It is ok, just I don't like it when people think I do everything on OldCP. I do pretty little to say the least, apart from sustain it!

+1 by Kara, iSnail, frozo, Aman0708 and 2 others

Master
1,761 posts
Seen 22nd December 2022
9th March 2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
The only role-play that ever happens on oldcp and dsghq is the following:

When Scarlet/Rover is involved

When bombs are involved

When room edits are involved.

When people are used to act as different characters.

What is not role-play:

People having their passwords cracked and their accounts used to ban, ipban and cause havoc on oldcp.

THIS IS WHY WE HAVE MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATORS, SO THIS KIND OF THING DOESNT HAPPEN, NOT TO AID A ROLE PLAY.

So I don't want to see another person saying that what happened was role-play, because I DONT BAN MY OWN USERS FOR SOME DUMB STORY.

So, Kara, Thisismyname and a couple others.... take notice and know I am not stupid enough to ruin my own website.

Yes, I don't see why you would want to ruin your own website by hi-jacking it.

Quote:

I am glad that you apologized Kara.

And sorry if I am getting into something that isn't my business.

+1 by iSnail, Damen, Sophie and Suzy, -1 by Asq5

~Wanna be my friend? Subscribe to #KeyFriends
~Do you wanna tryout for the Freehawks? Subscribe to #Freehawks
~Goals:
-Become Forum Mod
-Become OldCP Mod. (When it comes back).
-Reach 3,000 posts by the end of the year.
-More go as soon.

584 posts
Seen 19th March 2021
9th March 2014, 09:31 AM

Yes, Damen your correct. And plus why would Damen hi-jack his site.

+1 by Kara, Sophie and Suzy

sof#0717
Master
703 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th March 2014, 09:31 AM

I am so sorry about how all this happened.

+1 by Kara, iSnail, Damen, and 2 others
When you need me I will be there, count on it.

Master
5,463 posts
Seen 11th January 2023
9th March 2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I am so sorry about how all this happened.
Yes, so am I. ~Luke

+1 by Sophie and Suzy

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th March 2014, 10:03 AM

Guys, Damen puts time, effort, and money into this game, so why would he go through all that trouble just to hack and ruin it? The reason he created this was to bring back the memories we had when Club Penguin wasn't owned by Disney. Not what it's like to get hacked by some random person each day... There's a reason we have Administrators and Moderators, to help the community, and to keep the site safe & happy so we can all enjoy it.

+1 by TikiLiki, Damen, Sophie, iKaitlyn and 2 others, -1 by Asq5

Master
803 posts
Seen 17th January 2023
9th March 2014, 10:11 AM

Damen,

I recommened more Moderators are promoted due to the fact of users doing the wrong thing when no staff members are online, which now is getting too bad.

+1 by Kara, Mohamed, Sophie, Ender Skippy and 2 others

Master
1,827 posts
Seen 19th May 2023
9th March 2014, 10:43 AM

It's not fair that you get treated badly. If I was the founder, I would've shut the whole thing down for a week.

+1 by Damen, Sophie, Asq5 and Suzy

225 posts
Seen 7th August 2015
9th March 2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Guys, Damen puts time, effort, and money into this game, so why would he go through all that trouble just to hack and ruin it? The reason he created this was to bring back the memories we had when Club Penguin wasn't owned by Disney. Not what it's like to get hacked by some random person each day... There's a reason we have Administrators and Moderators, to help the community, and to keep the site safe & happy so we can all enjoy it.
Exactly! *claps*

+1 by Sophie and Suzy, -1 by Asq5

4|23|15
Master
810 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th March 2014, 10:44 AM

Okay,Damen.I hope this never happens to Oldcp again.Sorry for all the trouble people cause you for no reason. I
hate to see people that don't understand how much effort you put into oldcp and DSHQ.

+1 by Sophie and Suzy, -1 by Asq5
Kara, Olivia, Tessa, Olivia, Adam, Olivia, Olivia

225 posts
Seen 7th August 2015
9th March 2014, 10:45 AM

Sorry, Damen. I hadn't thought about it that way. +1

+1 by Sophie and Suzy

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
9th March 2014, 11:02 AM

I did not know how people ever did this. These people are bad; the ones that hack mods like the musclebob incident or the terry incident. People get hacked because someone tells their password or it is an easy password. So, luckily, Damen and Cyberwolf changed all the mods password so people could not hack into them. But, I understand that it could happen again if somebody finds out another mod/admins password. I hope we are safer in the future. And yes, I know Damen works very hard about this, and I think it is great because he is trying to help his website thrive and keep it safe for all ages. It has been a fun experience but with all the hacking lately, it has been sad. But yes, I hope that Oldcp is safer in the future with only 7 staff members on oldcp; 4 mods and 3 admins.

+1 by Damen, Sophie, Ender Skippy and Suzy, -1 by Asq5

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
9th March 2014, 12:56 PM

Well I do get annoyed with people saying this they will be like this when a hacking is happening. "no worries dampen is just doing it for role play" and I'm like "do you guys think dampen is an idiot? He programmed a bunch of websites I think he wouldn't break one" so thx for making this post damen

+1 by Sophie

Login or join the forums to reply.