Krypto is Right

Made by Damen in Announcements

Master
5,463 posts
Seen 11th January 2023
19th February 2015, 03:44 PM

Cyberwolf wrote on 19th February 2015 03:34 PM:
CoffeeCow said on 19th February 2015 12:58 PM:
My point is, the world is always going to be based on power and money. That's what people want and we cannot change their opinions.

Moderators don't get paid, nor will they ever. It's a volunteer position.
Moderators would only ever get paid if the DSGHQ bought a studio and hired people to work there.

Master
838 posts
Seen 7th July 2023
19th February 2015, 03:52 PM

Cyberwolf wrote on 19th February 2015 03:34 PM:
CoffeeCow said on 19th February 2015 12:58 PM:
My point is, the world is always going to be based on power and money. That's what people want and we cannot change their opinions.

Moderators don't get paid, nor will they ever. It's a volunteer position.

Cyberwolf,

I meant as in the real world. As in game usage, users who doesn't have a job wants power. :P

+1 by Luke

145 posts
Seen 25th February 2015
19th February 2015, 04:04 PM

Thank you for recognizing this. I'm sincerely apologetic for my behavior and actions leading up to and after the edit of the post (it sounds like the holy grail or something at this point).

With that, yes, let's preserve OldCP and make it the OldCP it was. I'm gonna throw this out there, if anyone is willing to consider it: We have OldCP and Snaildom. Snaildom should be meant for the roleplay while OldCP is meant to be the revival project it always has been and was.

Damen, you've done an amazing job improving and refining both games. I think Snaildom's probably one of the most intricate things I've seen. It needs potential - so why not bring the roleplay there to re-establish its popularity (if it's lacking?).

And could it be possible for the applications section to be staff only? That might alleviate the "importance of ranks" too.

I'm willing to stay and I want to... not work together per se, but be there as a support.

I've never quoted anything before, and if I get a wiki page this will never be a quote on there... but everyone should be singing "I'll be there for you if you're there for me too."

+1 by OoBubblesoO, Cheep, Eridan, trixie and 2 others
Kryptowolf
The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.

亡霊
Master
713 posts
Seen 6th October 2020
19th February 2015, 04:37 PM

I think the problem could be solved very easily if we just took away the name colors/wall walking and just put a badge on the playercard. Being a moderator wouldn't have its "popularity" appeal then.

Of course, even some current moderators would throw a fit over that, but we're weeding out the ones who don't really want the rank and just want the appearance, right?

It used to be like that before, anyway. I don't think it would be a big deal to remove two features from the game. People will get used to it.

Then again -- not my decision at all. Probably won't even be seen way down here.

+1 by Meghan, Kryptowolf, Cheep, trixie and 1 other

Master
3,205 posts
Seen 16th August 2023
19th February 2015, 04:38 PM

Ayy Damen

I somewhat agree. Moderator or any other rank truly is not everything. As long as you're having fun on DSGHQ and you enjoy being here, that's all that matters right? Moderator is a goal of mine and it's fine to be a goal, but there's no need to be obsessive about it. Working your way up to it and earning it is fine, but begging for it/demanding is not necessary, and will decrease your chances, as we're all aware of. However, I don't think the rank should be taken away. If it does, oh well you know. I won't be upset because 1. I haven't yet experienced the rank so it wouldn't have been heartbreaking for me. But even if I did, I still wouldn't be upset about it because like I mentioned, ranks are not even everything to me either. And 2. I'm just delighted that I'm apart or the DSGHQ and not DSGHQ, but being with awesome users. Even though I won't be upset though, I still don't think it should just be disposed of like that, because what if there's someone staying highly really inappropriate things and nobody is there except for people that used to be moderators?(people that are moderators currently, but will used to be if you get rid or the rank) No administrators are on, no undercover agents, no moth priests, nothing. Just former moderators. Yes you can simply report it to someone in power on the forums, but does that mean it will just have to happen until an administrator sees it? Penguins need moderators for other situations as well. But I mean, you're the creator and you have full power, and you get to make the decisions (which I have no problem at all with), not me, so it's completely your decision. I think you should think about it some more though. Like Chelsey said, I think the main thing that people want to do, really the only thing is walk on walls and such. My advice is to just take that feature away, instead of taking the rank away completely.

230 posts
Seen 26th August 2015
19th February 2015, 06:28 PM

Luke wrote on 19th February 2015 12:54 PM:
People are always saying give me Moderator! Even though Moderator is a rank of responsibility and keeping the community protected, not just for having a higher rank and name colors and the ability to walk on walls.

I totally agree.People need to stop caring so much about your ranks and stop saying give me mod,or can I have mod.YOU-HAVE-TO-EARN-IT!!

Friends:You

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Seen 3rd November 2019
19th February 2015, 06:47 PM

I also loved how Krypto came back and made it clear that it was wrong of some users for being a bit rude to users who had disagreed with his point. To be honest, the only people I have seen act like all there is to life is a rank are: Recently demoted moderators, and confused new users. That's just what I've managed to see.

+1 by Kryptowolf and trixie
Lady Cheep Glitz of the Royal Imperial Bank
Lady of the Bank - Detective - Forums Moderator - OldCP Moderator - Lady of the Empire

Friends
Hails||Sadie|Chelsey|Tess|Mico|Damen|Dance|Gamer|Con|Jacob|Adam

Wiki:Cheep

and i was stressed out.
2,308 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
19th February 2015, 07:06 PM

I totally agree stop asking for moderator it lowers your chance!

twenty one pilots is cool.

heyhey
Master
1,248 posts
Seen 27th June 2022
19th February 2015, 07:47 PM

Thank you for understanding Damen.

+1 by Cheep and trixie
Beautiful signatures made by the amazing Tasha v

This one's made by the incredible Sparklz

154 posts
Seen 5th June 2015
19th February 2015, 08:19 PM

sorry lord damen i am ashamed..

i am a tomboy princess.
i may not be pretty.
i may not be wise. but i really
do know who i am inside :)
~Sally Acorn

Queen Regent of Snaildom
Master
1,826 posts
Seen 15th August 2023
19th February 2015, 08:56 PM

I became a wise one. I didn't care about the title and that stuff. I only wanted to be known for my wise words. I have a feeling this is why Ellie and sting quit mod.

~Sam

<3

145 posts
Seen 25th February 2015
19th February 2015, 10:06 PM

Sophia wrote on 19th February 2015 08:56 PM:
I became a wise one. I didn't care about the title and that stuff. I only wanted to be known for my wise words. I have a feeling this is why Ellie and sting quit mod.

They didn't "quit." They respectfully resigned for their own reasons. It had nothing to do with any materialism if that's what you're hinting at. Leave them out.
Chelsey wrote on 19th February 2015 04:37 PM:
I think the problem could be solved very easily if we just took away the name colors/wall walking and just put a badge on the playercard. Being a moderator wouldn't have its "popularity" appeal then. Of course, even some current moderators would throw a fit over that, but we're weeding out the ones who don't really want the rank and just want the appearance, right? It used to be like that before, anyway. I don't think it would be a big deal to remove two features from the game. People will get used to it. Then again -- not my decision at all. Probably won't even be seen way down here.

You're absolutely right! Moderators need to be left anonymous. It's as simple as removing the list under the game.

Kryptowolf
The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.

#lonerclub
1,014 posts
Seen 13th November 2015
19th February 2015, 10:13 PM

Like Chelsey said, just remove the fancy stuff, make them have a badge on their playercard and make them sit on the floor.
There is no need to be sitting on the roof. There is no purpose anyway.
Other games don't do that.
- Choc

My name is Choc. Just a person who likes Minecraft and MLG parodies.
I wish to become an animator one day.

13/12/15

always rekt the loominaty, even bill cipher. he's the main one.

Master, pm me for help!
Master
1,969 posts
Seen 13th March 2016
19th February 2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
very right I am so sorry

Login or join the forums to reply.