10th March 2015

Damen Spike talks about OldCP: Please watch!!!

Made by Damen in Announcements

2,325 posts
Seen 2nd November 2015
10th March 2015, 06:38 PM

I can't explain my words how much I enjoyed watching these. All I say is thank you. I really have nothing much to say, in all honesty...

+1 by Maggie, Damen, Freddy and trixie

472 posts
Seen 24th October 2015
10th March 2015, 06:39 PM

You are correct, people are stiff on the game and don't find the true potential. They take the game as it's real, and it's not it is a game. I also liked how you did explain it in a video, I sorta understood a bit more.

+1 by Damen and trixie

total trash
Master
3,372 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
10th March 2015, 06:41 PM

I ADORE YOUR ACCENT!!!!!!!

+1 by Damen and May23

Banned
1,602 posts
Seen 28th September 2024
10th March 2015, 06:42 PM

Nice post.
Now I know the face of Damen.
These videos are true.
~Zeldamaster~

+1 by Damen

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
10th March 2015, 06:49 PM

Damen,
What you've just addressed here in both videos is something I found very soothing. You connected with us users or players in a new way. You gave the users to fully witness your true feelings about everything. I'm not sure if anybody else did this, but I looked into your eyes. I didn't lose any eye contact with you. Now why I did that is because I knew you had a message to be given. Your message was clear. Out of my respect I looked into your eyes to fully hear you. I mean I can easily hear your words coming from my speakers, but it is different when you have the eye connection. As you speak to anyone in real life you contain eye contact, so I did that with you as well. I agree some problems that people bring up can be a bit overwhelming and I believe if anyone has a problem with you, or the DSGHQ they should speak to you. No need to express the problem in a mood, discussion, or on OldCP.

The majority of the problems here aren't all that big. They're solved in minutes. Some of the staff do take their job too seriously and I mean that is good for them. When I had the great opportunity to Moderate OldCP I started off fun. I was fun, and I noticed as I progressed as a person, as an 'adult' I fully noticed I was becoming too serious. I was serious with my job on here, I was stubborn, rude, and very dull. Till this day in time on here I'm continuing to change my personality. I'm Sadie, and you're you. We may have our differences in opinions and liking's but however we still share things in common. I enjoy the DSGHQ. I enjoy OldCP too. I may not always agree on what you do, but however that makes me. Damen for you to take the time to fully make this video made me think differently. I knew you cared before as I do see you as a friend but not like this... I never knew how you really felt, and I got the gist of it in your discussions but nothing as clear as this. We must strive as one.

Thank you for making this discussion introducing these videos. I appreciate how opened you were. I enjoyed how you sincerely notified all of us listening and watching what you meant. Damen you're a great guy, and I'm not saying that to sound nice or whatever. I'm saying that because you are simply a nice guy. You have an extraordinary talent, you have neat interests, and you enjoy having fun. While watching the videos all I heard over and over while listening was fun and I believe I've ignored that word for sometime now. Fun, perhaps that is the missing puzzle piece. Just have fun, be yourself, and play. Invite your friends, peers, and family and have fun. Just enjoy yourself and cherish now as this may not remain here forever. Live for the moment in which we still know each other. Thank you very much Damen, thank you for everything. I understand you made half of us girls faint nearly, but some are for passing the message being said. I appreciate what you said Damen. Plus you have really nice eyes, haha.

Sorry my message got a tad bit long, I had a lot to say as did you and many others.

-Sadie

+1 by Damen, Bri , Freddy, oh and 3 others
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Master
838 posts
Seen 7th July 2023
10th March 2015, 06:51 PM

I just watched these two videos. I agree to mostly everything you pointed out in the videos.

*mind blown*

Your accent is so... omg... *fangirls* xD

~CoffeeCow

+1 by Damen and trixie

Strong Blood
Master
1,033 posts
Seen 13th March 2016
10th March 2015, 06:53 PM

I really enjoyed your videos.

+1 by Damen and trixie

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
10th March 2015, 07:00 PM

Thanks for your positive feedback, I'm glad you connected with the videos as I'm pretty sure we don't associate the soul of a person with the words they type. This video was necessary.

And thank you Sting and Sadie and others for being open and fully descriptive of their response, that's what I really needed to hear!

+1 by Scott, Sting, , Jesse and 7 others

Certified Nick Foles Fan
1,076 posts
Seen 19th April 2020
10th March 2015, 07:04 PM

What separates Damen from the owners of other sites is his personal connection to users, like this video. He genuinely cares about every user and wants to make sure they are happy on this site. He really does care about people's concerns for this site and, as stated in the video, tries to make changes to satisfy users. He's not perfect, he knows that, and calling him out in a mood and post for it is wrong. It's better to not think about all of the negatives, and focus on the positives of the DSGHQ, and use it for it's intended purpose: to have fun. :D

+1 by Scott, Damen and trixie

Lead us Thorin!!
R.I.P Sean K.

The Great
Master
1,520 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
10th March 2015, 07:05 PM

I really enjoyed the videos. It was a great idea to hear you say that, and not let us read it!

-Sir Jesse

+1 by Damen and trixie

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023

Damen wrote on 10th March 2015 07:00 PM:
Thanks for your positive feedback, I'm glad you connected with the videos as I'm pretty sure we don't associate the soul of a person with the words they type. This video was necessary.

And thank you Sting and Sadie and others for being open and fully descriptive of their response, that's what I really needed to hear!
You're very welcome :) thank you as well for being open to us. You were very how can I say on top of what you had been saying, and I enjoyed the open feeling of it all. And honestly let me just say this. I give you a flat out thank you for your work on the DSGHQ, well done on it all. (=

+1 by Damen and trixie
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

im in the hood like kenny
Master
583 posts
Seen 30th August 2023

I don't really have anything that I want to change about OldCP. I would like to say that this video brought back memories of when I first started playing OldCP. That was when I didn't know who everyone was. I would play with friends that I had made on the game. Back when the name colors intimidated me, so I hated to be in the same room as someone with one. That changed probably a week after I joined. A couple weeks after that, I joined forums, and then a mod comp team. And then, the majority of my time was spent doing something related to DSGHQ. I know a lot more about DSGHQ now. (I love DSGHQ Trivia.) And I'm on Forums, OldCP, or making a .swf file or editing pictures of my friends and I, basically whenever I'm awake. OldCP, to me, hasn't changed that much. I joined only in July, 2014, but I feel like the people, including myself, who play the game, have changed more than the game itself.

+1 by Damen and trixie

Breath in, Breath out.
629 posts
Seen 31st May 2016
10th March 2015, 07:06 PM

Damen i thought you would be older you look like your 18 years old you look younger then i expected (btw i love your accent)

+1 by Damen, Augustine and trixie

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
10th March 2015, 07:12 PM

heygirl wrote on 10th March 2015 07:06 PM:
Damen i thought you would be older you look like your 18 years old you look younger then i expected (btw i love but just love your accent)
lol thanks, I also like your... pic. XD I'm actually 17 not 94 (which I lied about once)

+1 by Scott, HeyGirl, Jesse, Augustine and 4 others

Login or join the forums to reply.