3rd April 2015

Snowball Spamming

Made by Chelsey in Announcements

亡霊
Master
713 posts
Seen 6th October 2020
3rd April 2015, 11:50 PM

As I've seen lately, many users have been infuriated over the so-called unfair arrests and bans assigned to their OldCP account for the reason of, "spamming snowballs." This has created conflict and many users have refused to listen to staff members regarding this rule.

Let me remind you: This is a rule.

Tennis wrote:
Spamming snowballs at a moderator or another user continuously and after being asked to stop will result in you being warned, kicked or arrested.

If you claim to have just "thrown snowballs" and not spammed them, let's put this to statistics:
If you throw more than 4 snowballs in a row, it's spamming.

Obviously the rule does not apply on the snowball fight server, White Out. However, on Blizzard, this is a popular offense and if you are banned or arrested for spamming snowballs, it's completely fair and the staff member taking action is doing their job properly.

Please follow the rules. Thank you.

+1 by oh , Lemonade, Scott, Hello and 36 others

total trash
Master
3,372 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
3rd April 2015, 11:51 PM

Thank you very much for reminding the DSGHQ of this! I am glad you have spoken about this issue. Hopefully, it will prevent others from doing this in the future.

-Allie

Master
1,147 posts
Seen 27th February 2016
3rd April 2015, 11:52 PM

Thank you for reminding us this. Hopefully there will be less complaints.

+1 by Hello, oh , Chelsey, introvert and 1 other

Master
1,349 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
4th April 2015, 12:04 AM

Finally thank you for getting the word out it doesn't work without getting experience by arresting and yes of course it is fair people these days thank you love ya!

+1 by Chelsey and Mia58
Below are the only pictures of mine that remain from the past..

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n463/textspace/lcd/lcd_7.swf?w=400&h=46&c=1&spd=2&b=2&t=Imperial Knight]quality=high wmode=transparent width=400 height=46[/flash]

Hey! Check out my Imperial Knight Application! Link:
http://forums.damenspike.com/view/44380/

Thank you, Glimmer! It's awesome!

Thanks you! THANK YOU SO MUCH TASHA!

Thanks, Mal! It's fab, like you!

Lemon, from now and on I will ask you to make the pixel letters! :D

Thanks for visiting.. come again! <3

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
4th April 2015, 12:15 AM

Hey,
To be honest if this comment is of poor quality forgive me. I'm typing on my phone half asleep, why may you ask... well I simply felt the needed urge to comment on this. First off I believe throwing a snowball is fine and its not that big of a deal. However it is when reductive people throw snowballs continuously at someone even if they had been told to stop. People should understand this is virtual but snowballs make an annoying sound when hit... like a thump. This thump bugs people including me. Then when you say stop the noise bugs me, people still continue and say something obvious like "turn down your volume then" well maybe we're listening to some music while playing the enjoyable game. Yet I adore this discussion Chelsey because honestly I find it extraordinary how you explain something with ease. You came and said what had been needed to be said. Some discussions go on to infinity and become quite bland. Chelsey I'll say this once more extraordinary discussion. It was specific and right to point. Also if you're being spammed by snowballs simply move, if they continue ask a superior to warn them (if needed). Also for anybody throwing snowballs for the fun of it and find amusement simply go on White Out and kill as many penguins as you want with snowballs, but don't fret it is 100% ok to throw a snowball there. Also if you go on the snowball server not to play and you complain about being hit simply leave the server. It is meant for people to throw snowballs and have fun. If you can't accept that why did you come on it? That is about it thanks.

Sincerely,
-Sadie
<3

+1 by Chelsey, Tommy0724, Lemonade, lexa and 4 others
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

218 posts
Seen 2nd May 2015
4th April 2015, 01:32 AM

Thanks for the tip Chelsey,

But in my case, its very different.

I get ipbanned from Rob or it could've been you,

but I don't know because I wasn't even

told why I was arrested.

15 minutes later in jail,

I get ipbanned.

Im sorry if this is drama,

but it is unfair that I was ipbanned for asking to be a member.

I was told to ask you.

Also could I become a member?

I am more than certain I am qualified for a member on forums.

I know you made me back a rookie because you just noticed I wasn't qualified.

But now I am. Sorry if this reply was rude to you.

+1 by Mists and trixie

2,325 posts
Seen 2nd November 2015
4th April 2015, 02:34 AM

SirSpiral wrote on 4th April 2015 01:32 AM:

told why I was arrested.

I get ipbanned.

I was told to ask you.

Let it go. The more you forget about it, the sooner you will probably get un- ipbanned. Please don't mention something like this on a totally unrelated topic.

And thanks for making this post Chelsey.

+1 by Lemonade and Mia58, -1 by Spiral

218 posts
Seen 2nd May 2015
4th April 2015, 02:36 AM

May23 wrote on 4th April 2015 02:34 AM:
SirSpiral said on 4th April 2015 01:32 AM:

told why I was arrested.

I get ipbanned.

I was told to ask you.

Let it go. The more you forget about it, the sooner you will probably get un- ipbanned. Please don't mention something like this on a totally unrelated topic.

And thanks for making this post Chelsey.

Sorry, she doesn't reply to me. We were friends but i don't know what happened.

hiss
1,414 posts
Seen 10th February 2022
4th April 2015, 02:52 AM

I completely agree with you, but two days ago, I saw 2 staff members spamming snowballs themselves, and when ppl told them to stop, they didn't. And well, along with them another person was doing the same and he got punished, but what about the staff? That was totally unfair if you ask me.

+1 by Mercer, lylance, Bri , Allison Riddle and 1 other

xxx

Banned
141 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
4th April 2015, 03:19 AM

What is the big deal w/snowballs? I mean what does spamming even mean?!

You should luv ur self and believe u can do things right for others and ur self!

Rookie
5 posts
Seen 9th April 2015
4th April 2015, 03:51 AM

Hiya! This XxJodiexX here. I am glad you have reported this to us. I will speak to a member of staff and tell them about it. Hopefully I can get Tennis or Damen or Terry to make a message come up when people come online and the message will say something like, no spamming, or If you spam you will be kicked. Unfortunaley some people may still go against the rules.... Which may be caused to them going to jail. I do also agree that spamming should stop. Like, the other day a random guy just came up to me and started spamming fishes. Like wth. Lol.

+1 by daisy and KikiKiwi

Donec mors nos separaveri
1,013 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
4th April 2015, 04:51 AM

Trinity wrote on 4th April 2015 02:52 AM:
I completely agree with you, but two days ago, I saw 2 staff members spamming snowballs themselves, and when ppl told them to stop, they didn't. And well, along with them another person was doing the same and he got punished, but what about the staff? That was totally unfair if you ask me.

The same thing happened while I was on. Price Tennis and a mod (I think Screenhog) were spamming snowballs, but they stopped later on. Then, a user named lenn starting spamming water balloons. I told him to stop it. Then, a penguin next to him (I think it was trixie) started screaming to me and said "the staff members were doing it, so why shouldn't we do it?". I arrested lenn, and she said that it was an unfair arrest. I asked Prince Tennis if I did an unfair arrest. Prince Tennis said "No, it was not unfair, but release him". So I released him.

So I think that staff members shouldn't also spam snowballs, because they are human like every other user.

-Orbay

+1 by trixie, daisy and Mia58

hiss
1,414 posts
Seen 10th February 2022
4th April 2015, 05:00 AM

Orbay wrote on 4th April 2015 04:51 AM:
Trinity said on 4th April 2015 02:52 AM:

The same thing happened while I was on. Price Tennis and a mod (I think Screenhog) were spamming snowballs, but they stopped later on. Then, a user named lenn starting spamming water balloons. I told him to stop it. Then, a penguin next to him (I think it was trixie) started screaming to me and said "the staff members were doing it, so why shouldn't we do it?". I arrested lenn, and she said that it was an unfair arrest. I asked Prince Tennis if I did an unfair arrest. Prince Tennis said "No, it was not unfair, but release him". So I released him.

So I think that staff members shouldn't also spam snowballs, because they are human like every other user.

-Orbay
Well yes, I did say that. I said that 'if the staff members were doing it, then why not let the user also do it?' I wasn't screaming ;P

+1 by Mercer, daisy and Mia58

xxx

Hellooooo
491 posts
Seen 28th November 2021
4th April 2015, 05:18 AM

thankyou for reminding us! now if people saw this new rule,they might stop spamming so there will be much less lag. :)

+1 by Mia58
Heeeyyyy

Donec mors nos separaveri
1,013 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
4th April 2015, 05:46 AM

Trinity wrote on 4th April 2015 05:00 AM:
Orbay said on 4th April 2015 04:51 AM:
Trinity said on 4th April 2015 02:52 AM:

-Orbay

Well yes, I did say that. I said that 'if the staff members were doing it, then why not let the user also do it?' I wasn't screaming ;P

That was you? Anyway, as in screaming, I meant talking in caps. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

-Orbay

+1 by trixie

Login or join the forums to reply.