18th May 2015

No Tolerance Policy

Made by Roberto in Announcements

Rookie
2 posts
Seen 19th May 2015
19th May 2015, 09:13 PM

I disagree. first of all,moderators have to pay attention to the real life too.

+1 by Augustine

Just a fnaf lover!! :)
1,663 posts
Seen 6th March 2016
20th May 2015, 08:26 AM

24 hours?!?!? I can do that in like 2 days! But anyways 24 hours 1 week? Well its a little to high. Also theres 2 x's One red one. And a different color? I'm confused which is which...

NAHH- Oh wait enjoy this Edited Animation I made and a Lag Seizure if you have a bad computer like me!:

259 posts
Seen 1st April 2023
20th May 2015, 10:02 AM

Ur kidding me right now? Roberto ur a new admin so there is users that have more experience being admin then u. Srsly? People are already on here hours a say they need to get a life u cant expect them to be on here or be demoted. Most parents dont even let they're kid on that long bc they are already addicted or something. My dad works on his computer 15 hours a day and get exhausted mod isn't that hard a job. But it does require work

+1 by CPManiac and Jake01

Calico Rose
Master
1,683 posts
Seen 31st July 2022
20th May 2015, 03:30 PM

Summer is approaching fairly quickly.
Moderators really need to be on the look out for trouble! Good luck guys!

345 posts
Seen 23rd January 2016
20th May 2015, 09:18 PM

yeah, most mods are not really online much but mods have Lives too they don't just need to stare at a computer screen all day

Rookie
42 posts
Seen 11th July 2015
20th May 2015, 09:33 PM

Sears wrote on 18th May 2015 09:06 PM:
24 hours a week is pretty extreme (nearly 3 hours a day). I think 10 or 15 is a little more reasonable.
I agree with you 100%! Then I saw the "legitimate reason" part of Rob's post and I was like "oh ok." Still, 24 hours is a lot :P ~PokeWillow

I Love You All, SERIOUSLY! <3 Thing's you do can be forgotten, but not what you say... So be nice!

http://media.japanpowered.com/images/pikachu-raichu.jpg < Me On Fat Friday XD

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
20th May 2015, 11:09 PM

Ok. 24 hours a week?

+1 by Bp28, Augustine, Jake01 and Cipher

ur mom tbh
63 posts
Seen 4th April 2023
21st May 2015, 04:05 PM

I personally don't agree agree with this at all. Sailors is my brother and yes are dad is on like 14 hours a day, it disgusts himself. I also do believe u are a newer admin and have demoted people which admins barely every demote people within that short period of time. I used to not be on the computer that much but now I am a lot. I am not even barely let on that much anymore because of how often I am on it. Also don't even go there you cant just up and demote somebody because they are not on a certain amount of hours per week. I dont feel this is a bit extreme I feel its over extreme. Do you not see parents trying to get they're kids off the computer? I feel this discussion should be locked. I am going to speak to Damen about this, and see what I can do to get this rule deleted.

+1 by ian

Queen of the pasta
Suspended
184 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
21st May 2015, 04:09 PM

U forgot to add dsc to the chart

Hey people! Its me trollfaced21! I love you guys so much and am thankful for all of you! HATERS BACK OFF! BYE BRUHS
Haters gonna hate, trollers gonna troll

hey like my signature? Isn't it trolly?

Queen of the pasta
Suspended
184 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
21st May 2015, 04:12 PM

U forgot to add dsc to the chart

Hey people! Its me trollfaced21! I love you guys so much and am thankful for all of you! HATERS BACK OFF! BYE BRUHS
Haters gonna hate, trollers gonna troll

hey like my signature? Isn't it trolly?

total trash
Master
3,372 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
22nd May 2015, 10:30 PM

Sadie wrote on 18th May 2015 09:05 PM:
I fret I agree and disagree with this policy you have here. You see Moderators can't vow their entire life to a game that wont have purpose when they go for a real world job, let that be a few years or many. I as a former OldCP Moderator came online everyday whenever I had free time obviously. However I had work to be done and I indeed went to that first as its most important. The DSGHQ is a place for users to have fun and enjoy themselves and yes I comprehend Moderators still can have fun while going throughout this new policy. Yet set a roll yourselves as superior people of the DSGHQ not only tell the Moderators to come online but make an honest effort for you as superiors of the DSGHQ to come on 24 hours a week too. All Administrators have started off as Moderator therefore I believe they to should follow by this but that is my opinion.

Secondly when following this policy I want to let everyone know don't forget to save time for yourself too. Moderating can often become overwhelming for some staff members (doesn't mean they need a demotion). However let this be known I honored my rank and I didn't come on because it was required I came on because of respect. Respecting your title and understanding it is key to ever remaining to that place. Often people see a policy and go "oh no, I can't follow this" simply because they're truly scared of it... it more or less seems too big for something quite virtual. Where I'm getting at is Damen made two videos stating not to make a rank too serious and just have fun. I believe making a policy is more or less forcing someone to put in full effort to make 24 hours a week (3 hours a day) automatically (easy to some) but some people do have work to attend and from former experience by all means to any OldCP Moderator go to work in the real world and let virtuality come when needed.

Thanks,
-Sadie

Umm.. all I got a say is.... PREACH PREACH PREACH PREACH PREACH PREACH PREACH! Sadie you are spot-on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 by Scott

hot eyebrows
Master
1,101 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
22nd May 2015, 10:47 PM

Great policy however, some Moderators cannot be online for certain hours due to school and Education is very important. I think you should have a schedule that will work for everyone like ask the moderators what times can they do. It is easier for them easier for you to get hours for them based on the times they can be on. Also May23 had a legitimate excuse, she had school everyone has school you should not have demoted her you should have gaven her a second chance SINCE the Policy is new and the moderators are just getting use to it. You should have thought about the punishment you gave to May23 before you demoted her. There could have been a legitimate punishment. Just because she was gone for so long does not mean she is not a good moderator. May23 is a great moderator and I think she deserved a second chance.

That's all I really have to say, please think about this and think about your actions HARD. Thank-you Roberto. Other then that, the policy is good.

Foot

ur mom tbh
63 posts
Seen 4th April 2023
29th May 2015, 10:49 AM

Another thing it is still high I don't believe people should be spending hours on the computer everyday thank you for changing it. But I do disagree with what you said to dsc the old post was 24 hours a week that's almost a full time job. Also, mods have just as much work as admin's some might but you wanna know how they have just as much work as admin's? Because they put effort into they're rank, they do as much as possible, and they try to stop every little bad thing from happening in the best way possible. So that all leads up to hard working, 24 hours he thought was extreme if Ur on the computer 24 hours a week then people would be allowed to say you need to get a life or you are addicted. Therefore, I want to thank you for lowering the time, but I do believe your behavior when you replied to dsc was a bit to harsh when you could have said it nicer, thank you sorry for another post but thanks.

~Theater

Login or join the forums to reply.