11th July 2015

Same Gender Marriage on OldCP

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
11th July 2015, 04:02 PM

Some disagree with OldCP's marriage rule against same gender marriage. This is because these users are do not understand what OldCP Marriage actually is and are taking it too seriously.

Let me explain what marrying on OldCP actually is meant to be: It's not meant to be an act of love, it's an act of status or House Joining.

For example, Prince marries a girl, that girl becomes a Princess and their Houses join.
Or Emperor marries a girl, that girl becomes Empress. (It is also impossible to have two Emperors or two Empresses in our system.)

Archie doesn't love Raindrop in real life, for example and neither does Cheep love Mico in real life.

Marrying someone of your own gender would breach another existing rule that nothing sexual is to be discussed, even someones orientation on OldCP. Why? OldCP is a virtual world and shouldn't be used to reveal personal information such as names, addresses, dates of birth and sexuality.

Another reason...

OldCP marital status between a male and a female does not trigger any sexual speculation amidst the users. Why? Because it's always been considered completely natural.

Unfortunately, homosexuality is simply not considered 100% natural at this point in time. And until it is, this rule will remain without question. Why? OldCP's rules are designed to eliminate everything on a sexual level like most kids games online (such as clubpenguin.com). Homosexuality on OldCP is a mockery of this standard, this is why it is banned on OldCP.

To clarify, marriage on OldCP should never be an act of love. It's mostly political and can be referred to as House Joining or Status declaration.

An alternative for you is to online date someone of your own gender as that is legal online and nobody can stop you.

Although, please do not turn this into an excuse to do rude things on OldCP or you would be placing a very disappointing impression on the homosexual community.

+1 by Cheep, fox, Swirlie, Kenneth and 50 others, -1 by greeny

<3
Master
1,652 posts
Seen 30th July 2022
11th July 2015, 04:05 PM

Thank you Damen. I appreciate you're attention to DSGHQ.

+1 by Cheep, George, Bailey, States and 2 others

Master
840 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
11th July 2015, 04:06 PM

Thank you for explaining this.

+1 by Cheep, George, Bailey, States and 2 others

night cruising
Master
2,329 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
11th July 2015, 04:09 PM

Yes, and we do not know these people! +1

+1 by Bailey, States, sarah, Mists and 2 others

Fear is for others
306 posts
Seen 29th September 2019
11th July 2015, 04:09 PM

So, I can't seem to put my finger on it, but...

You're outlawing this for good?

+1 by Bailey, States, sarah, Dajulia and 1 other

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
11th July 2015, 04:10 PM

In all honesty I understand why people are angry with this but they must keep this in mind. OldCP is a game not something that should mix with reality. Marriage personally can be good; but it may often take away the fun. Sometimes people take it too serious. Just have fun on OldCP. Follow the rules and nothing will come to you that's bad. I understand Damen, thanks for bringing this up.

Sincerely,
-Sadie

+1 by Bailey, States, Cheep, oh and 5 others
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

1,253 posts
Seen 30th June 2023
11th July 2015, 04:13 PM

Thanks for pointing this out, Damen :) You are right. This is a game. Many people are dating in real life, but have some random husband/wife they never even saw in real life on OldCp.

+1 by Bailey, Kenneth and sarah
OldCP Wise One
PM me if you need any help!

Ask me for help!
697 posts
Seen 5th March 2016
11th July 2015, 04:16 PM

Thanks for stating this rule clear Damen.

+1 by sarah
Night

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary is just the little Extra"

Calico Rose
Master
1,683 posts
Seen 31st July 2022
11th July 2015, 04:26 PM

I do understand why some might be angry about this concept.
But it is for safety reasons

+1 by sarah

x
Master
1,070 posts
Seen 18th December 2018
11th July 2015, 04:32 PM

thanks for clearing this up, ngl I was pretty upset about it. I think i just misunderstood the whole thing. I can agree that this will sort out a lot of problematic things though. being not-straight myself, i can get defensive of these type of things, but thanks, I understand.

let the melody save me astoria

336 posts
Seen 9th October 2015
11th July 2015, 04:34 PM

Damen i get what your saying, but is it okay if like your roleplaying? Like me and sunwolf pretend we are a couple and greenys our son (dont ask) but we are just joking around, is that okay?

+1 by Cheep
Hello there! Im Izzy! Also known as Redds]
via Imgflip Meme Maker

via Imgflip Meme Maker

34 posts
Seen 18th July 2015
11th July 2015, 04:36 PM

Thank you for explaining this Damen. :P

-Jesse

345 posts
Seen 23rd January 2016
11th July 2015, 05:21 PM

Damen wrote on 11th July 2015 04:02 PM:
Some disagree with OldCP's marriage rule against same gender marriage. This is because these users are do not understand what OldCP Marriage actually is and are taking it too seriously.

Let me explain what marrying on OldCP actually is meant to be: It's not meant to be an act of love, it's an act of status or House Joining.

For example, Prince marries a girl, that girl becomes a Princess and their Houses join.
Or Emperor marries a girl, that girl becomes Empress. (It is also impossible to have two Emperors or two Empresses in our system.)

Archie doesn't love Raindrop in real life, for example and neither does Cheep love Mico in real life.

Marrying someone of your own gender would breach another existing rule that nothing sexual is to be discussed, even someones orientation on OldCP. Why? OldCP is a virtual world and shouldn't be used to reveal personal information such as names, addresses, dates of birth and sexuality.

Another reason...

OldCP marital status between a male and a female does not trigger any sexual speculation amidst the users. Why? Because it's always been considered completely natural.

Unfortunately, homosexuality is simply not considered 100% natural at this point in time. And until it is, this rule will remain without question. Why? OldCP's rules are designed to eliminate everything on a sexual level like most kids games online (such as clubpenguin.com). Homosexuality on OldCP is a mockery of this standard, this is why it is banned on OldCP.

To clarify, marriage on OldCP should never be an act of love. It's mostly political and can be referred to as House Joining or Status declaration.

An alternative for you is to online date someone of your own gender as that is legal online and nobody can stop you.

Although, please do not turn this into an excuse to do rude things on OldCP or you would be placing a very disappointing impression on the homosexual community.

finally e.e

Vampire Knight Is Awesome!
1,334 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
11th July 2015, 05:57 PM

I don't know anything about this kind of thing but I personally agree with this.

Vampire Knight is amazing!

Still Mink
1,163 posts
Seen 15th August 2023
11th July 2015, 06:19 PM

Do you allow tree marriage? Cause I will be happy to have a wedding on the 14th. Thanks.

Login or join the forums to reply.