11th July 2015

Same Gender Marriage on OldCP

Made by Damen in Announcements

Rookie
2 posts
Seen 22nd July 2015
11th July 2015, 06:41 PM

Thank you for saying this now new players understand.

664 posts
Seen 9th October 2015
11th July 2015, 07:15 PM

I haven't heard about this, but it is very true. Good post Damen.

~Rosie :star:

Kamrie/Rosie

Holy Pickles!

Christina Perri is my life

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
11th July 2015, 07:29 PM

RedFeather wrote on 11th July 2015 04:34 PM:
Damen i get what your saying, but is it okay if like your roleplaying? Like me and sunwolf pretend we are a couple and greenys our son (dont ask) but we are just joking around, is that okay?

Thats fine to do on OldCP
SirPj wrote on 11th July 2015 04:09 PM:
So, I can't seem to put my finger on it, but...

You're outlawing this for good?

Yep.

+1 by Cheep and Mists

Rookie
14 posts
Seen 15th July 2015
11th July 2015, 07:32 PM

OH Okay. So No More :3 I dont really get but k k k_k

~Enjoy The Beautiful Things in the world~

Rookie
14 posts
Seen 15th July 2015
11th July 2015, 07:40 PM

:bunny: They Are CUtest EVER COME oN CATS BITE U!! Bunnies r Adorbs!

+1 by Damen
~Enjoy The Beautiful Things in the world~

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
11th July 2015, 08:03 PM

Question, what if you are dating or married to someone because you love her/him

+1 by sarah
Gone

Sweet memories

Help
557 posts
Seen 20th August 2023
11th July 2015, 09:46 PM

Lloyd wrote on 11th July 2015 08:03 PM:
Question, what if you are dating or married to someone because you love her/him
That's what I've been thinking this whole time.
No offence, but you've made it illegal to love if you're in love with someone of the same Gender? So loving is illegal? This whole thing is over my head and I don't get it.

+1 by sarah, Queenblue and Sophie

Rookie
42 posts
Seen 13th July 2015
11th July 2015, 10:09 PM

Thank you for talking about this !! I Completely agree!!

Hi :3,
856 posts
Seen 12th March 2016
11th July 2015, 11:52 PM

Thanks Damen for This! I Understand

Thanks Foxehhh for your awesome signature!

Chris Thank you for my signature i have a boy account (pssh im not gay)
Life always end with a happy ending and starts with a sad beginning
Want to make signatures for me Click that PM BUTTON! [/spoiler] [/font]
#DamenRocks

Oh meh Lily you make the cool signatures ever!

Im the one who is only on ! #Since10/06/15

Thanks Janie!
http://forums.damenspike.com/wiki/Pinkiey
i promise its kinda better than the other one

And never give up everything is very possible to do. [/color]

i am not girly though but i love ducks

Master
3,205 posts
Seen 16th August 2023
12th July 2015, 12:43 AM

I found the rule offensive at first. I'm completely straight but not everyone is and I personally felt like love is love. But now I understand a lot better and you made very good points! It's a good thing you discussed this as quite a few of us simply didn't get it and found it unfair. Thanks damen!

To Find A FlashLight You Need A FlashLight
372 posts
Seen 13th March 2016
12th July 2015, 12:52 AM

Well, thanks for explaining it,
And sorry for slightly over reacting...

+1 by sarah

cool guy
1,696 posts
Seen 28th July 2022
12th July 2015, 12:54 AM

Thanks for explaining this Damen.

do you feel like a young god
2,287 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
12th July 2015, 02:07 AM

Damen wrote on 11th July 2015 04:02 PM:
Some disagree with OldCP's marriage rule against same gender marriage. This is because these users are do not understand what OldCP Marriage actually is and are taking it too seriously.

Let me explain what marrying on OldCP actually is meant to be: It's not meant to be an act of love, it's an act of status or House Joining.

For example, Prince marries a girl, that girl becomes a Princess and their Houses join.
Or Emperor marries a girl, that girl becomes Empress. (It is also impossible to have two Emperors or two Empresses in our system.)

Archie doesn't love Raindrop in real life, for example and neither does Cheep love Mico in real life.

Marrying someone of your own gender would breach another existing rule that nothing sexual is to be discussed, even someones orientation on OldCP. Why? OldCP is a virtual world and shouldn't be used to reveal personal information such as names, addresses, dates of birth and sexuality.

Another reason...

OldCP marital status between a male and a female does not trigger any sexual speculation amidst the users. Why? Because it's always been considered completely natural.

Unfortunately, homosexuality is simply not considered 100% natural at this point in time. And until it is, this rule will remain without question. Why? OldCP's rules are designed to eliminate everything on a sexual level like most kids games online (such as clubpenguin.com). Homosexuality on OldCP is a mockery of this standard, this is why it is banned on OldCP.

To clarify, marriage on OldCP should never be an act of love. It's mostly political and can be referred to as House Joining or Status declaration.

An alternative for you is to online date someone of your own gender as that is legal online and nobody can stop you.

Although, please do not turn this into an excuse to do rude things on OldCP or you would be placing a very disappointing impression on the homosexual community.
Damen wrote on 11th July 2015 04:02 PM:
Some disagree with OldCP's marriage rule against same gender marriage. This is because these users are do not understand what OldCP Marriage actually is and are taking it too seriously.

Let me explain what marrying on OldCP actually is meant to be: It's not meant to be an act of love, it's an act of status or House Joining.

For example, Prince marries a girl, that girl becomes a Princess and their Houses join.
Or Emperor marries a girl, that girl becomes Empress. (It is also impossible to have two Emperors or two Empresses in our system.)

Archie doesn't love Raindrop in real life, for example and neither does Cheep love Mico in real life.

Marrying someone of your own gender would breach another existing rule that nothing sexual is to be discussed, even someones orientation on OldCP. Why? OldCP is a virtual world and shouldn't be used to reveal personal information such as names, addresses, dates of birth and sexuality.

Another reason...

OldCP marital status between a male and a female does not trigger any sexual speculation amidst the users. Why? Because it's always been considered completely natural.

Unfortunately, homosexuality is simply not considered 100% natural at this point in time. And until it is, this rule will remain without question. Why? OldCP's rules are designed to eliminate everything on a sexual level like most kids games online (such as clubpenguin.com). Homosexuality on OldCP is a mockery of this standard, this is why it is banned on OldCP.

To clarify, marriage on OldCP should never be an act of love. It's mostly political and can be referred to as House Joining or Status declaration.

An alternative for you is to online date someone of your own gender as that is legal online and nobody can stop you.

Although, please do not turn this into an excuse to do rude things on OldCP or you would be placing a very disappointing impression on the homosexual community.

I think i understand. But to be clear, it means that when for example the lady of the bank, cheep, marries someone it is not because of love. Its to have a man of the bank? Whatever you'd actually call it, correct?

+1 by Cheep

- Former OldCP Moderator - Former Drejk DSGHQ Moderator - Former Forum Master - Former XAT Member - Current Forum Moderator - Kacket House Guard -

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
12th July 2015, 07:04 AM

Indeed QueenBlue.

I'm closing this topic because I've had enough of thinking about this.

+1 by Bailey, Cheep and Queenblue

Login or join the forums to reply.