26th January 2016

Seriousness of Leaking

Made by Kara in Announcements

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
26th January 2016, 09:16 PM

Hello. After 2 recent Penguin Watch events, I feel it is needed to make this post.

What is Leaking?
Leaking is when you are told by an administrator or captain of a rank not to share something, and you do it anyways. Leaking applies to both Moth Priests and Penguin Watch brothers.

Leaking is a serious crime and can lead to banishment from all games on the DSGHQ.

What are all the consequences of leaking?
  • To be killed
  • Banned from OldCP
  • Banned from forums
  • Temporarily banished from the DSGHQ
  • Permanently banished from the DSGHQ

*Also, with the transforms on OldCP, there is a possibility that you will not be refunded if you are killed on an account for treason/leaking.

Penguin Watch Leaks
Leaking your PW identity is one of the worst things you can do. It leads to an automatic execution and ban on OldCP, and forums.

The watch cannot function if brothers are leaking, especially if they are leaking information from the watch.

This is a reminder to all brothers, and all who wish to be brothers, you cannot leak and if you do, you will never be allowed back into the Watch.

There have been many occasions of leaks where the person who leaked was eligible to join back into the watch, except for one thing, they leaked.

It also is hard for administrators to trust users who have leaked, to be promoted.

Leaking identities of other watch brothers and yourself is something that will lead you into a long path of trying to get out of a dark hole.

Tobler Moth Priest Leaks
Rarely do these happen, as now there are little Moth Priests left, but leaking the ancient scrolls of the Tobler Monk Temples is also a very high offense.

I was once charged with it, and I was banished from the Temple, until I had a very long journey to again redeem myself.

The scrolls hold many secrets and many beautiful words only for the Moth Priests to see.

Leaking those put you on a big trial and most likely get you banned on the Forum and OldCP.

I just really hope you all understand that leaking is not something that is small, or forgivable. It takes time to be forgiven from it, a lot of time.

I am quite astounded by all of the recent leaks from the Watch, but unsurprisingly from the newer brothers.

Due to these leaks from newer brothers, the Watch has stopped taking in recruits and will not continue to do that until we find people that are completely fit for the Watch.

I hope from this point on people will take this seriously and just play the game and do as they're told. After all, once you apply for a rank that has a high leaking policy, you are committing that you will never do that.

Don't break a commitment.

-Kara
Watch Manager

+1 by Sam , Game Theory, Ash, Mists and 46 others

Kara
Administrator

Jokester
243 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
26th January 2016, 09:22 PM

Your right there have been leaks but I hope no more happen

+1 by Kara

your uber driver
Master
1,538 posts
Seen 31st May 2023
26th January 2016, 09:26 PM

you get banned from a website for leaking roleplay information?? isn't that a bit too much?? like isn't this a children's game?? you can't expect them to be that responsible that you banish them for sharing secrets??

+1 by Queenblue, ian, oh , Sam and 8 others, -1 by tennis and George
so long, goodbye, and good luck.

cool guy
1,696 posts
Seen 28th July 2022
26th January 2016, 09:26 PM

wow.. 2 leaks in a day.

+1 by amsel, -1 by Buddy25

Master
3,205 posts
Seen 16th August 2023
26th January 2016, 09:27 PM

why am i just finding out about this? good god

+1 by frozo and oh

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
26th January 2016, 09:29 PM

Frakon wrote on 26th January 2016 09:26 PM:
you get banned from a website for leaking roleplay information?? isn't that a bit too much?? like isn't this a children's game?? you can't expect them to be that responsible that they get banished for sharing secrets??

1. The job of the "roleplay" is basically to moderate the site (that's what the undercover PW do, and Moth Priests are rank 3 as well).
2. It is a game, which is why you can redeem yourself, and well you can just play the game and not share the secrets ????

+1 by kat , Bailey, Queenblue, George and 2 others

Kara
Administrator

Jokester
243 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
26th January 2016, 09:32 PM

Kara Kacket wrote on 26th January 2016 09:29 PM:
Frakon said on 26th January 2016 09:26 PM:
you get banned from a website for leaking roleplay information?? isn't that a bit too much?? like isn't this a children's game?? you can't expect them to be that responsible that they get banished for sharing secrets??

1. The job of the "roleplay" is basically to moderate the site (that's what the undercover PW do, and Moth Priests are rank 3 as well).
2. It is a game, which is why you can redeem yourself, and well you can just play the game and not share the secrets ????
true dat

+1 by candy, -1 by ian

your uber driver
Master
1,538 posts
Seen 31st May 2023
26th January 2016, 09:34 PM

Kara Kacket wrote on 26th January 2016 09:29 PM:
Frakon said on 26th January 2016 09:26 PM:

oh right i dont pay attention to positions or anything didnt know oops sorry

+1 by Queenblue and oh

cute
Master
719 posts
Seen 23rd February 2023
26th January 2016, 09:34 PM

If I were a pw or moth priest I would always apply to the rules. It seems people don't care all because its a game, but that effects in what type of person you are. So always follow the rules
~Kat

!Queen Of LLamas!
331 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
26th January 2016, 09:53 PM

i would never leak or break a promise its easy not to leak don't type any secrets that is all why is it so hard for some other people? i don't understand it looks easy to me not to leak or break a promise in the PW if i was ever one and if i were PW i would never type in secrets or leak 1 question '' is it that hard not to share secrets and not leak or is it easy not to share secrets and not leak '' we need to test trusted users to not leak or tell out secrets even if they are still trusted you got to test them just in case to make sure they will not leak or share out secrets.................
have a great day ~gurlplay<3

+1 by kat , goodgurl and Summer

Gurlplay Lejla Lopez

Llama Family :

links to things : http://damenspike.com/pictureshop my picture shop i can make a picture of you more details in the link
Friends/Family/Baes :) - ANNE,Bella1,Bella12,Bella12345,Bean2,Jade110,Summer, Papachis ,Victoria,AyeeItsSkyler aka Nonna,Trashy,Braydon,CoCowofly,Cristal,Design4real,BunnyLuv,Drjames,Elite Aka Flite,GerryPretzel,Grace,GoldenMio,Cupcake7,Hollie,Joecool,Jasonsup,Katjess1,Katrules,Katt,Lily1117,Leila4567,
MEGG123,Mimi101,MNM21,Pokemon5,Ravin,sammy,SkyBae,summer9,Taylorswift1,tt52001,
TylerTiger2,WANNAHAV3FUN,Katrules aka KatArrow,xXAbigailXx aka Penyapgirl01,Becky1028 AND OFC YOU!
Hey You can call me Gurlplay , Gurl , Lejla Or xxgurlplayxx Orr Larisa :P
I Like Oldcp , LLamas , Fnaf , Anime , Pusheen , Twaimz , Dan And Phil
Favorite color - Any blue Dark blue , Light blue , Aqua Blue
Favorite songs - Hello from Adele , Friday from Rebbeca Black , All the single ladies from Beyonce
Snaildom username : gurlplay
Oldcp username : gurlplay

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
26th January 2016, 09:55 PM

I guess there should be a test to see if these 'new recruits' would leak or not, or somehow making it so they don't know the other brothers of the watch until they are completely trusted somehow

+1 by Gurlplay, kat , Mal31, Kara and 6 others, -1 by Queenblue

do you feel like a young god
2,287 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
26th January 2016, 09:58 PM

Right, leaking can mess up a load of the system, or as I should say, the watch.
Sled wrote on 26th January 2016 09:55 PM:
I guess there should be a test to see if these 'new recruits' would leak or not, or somehow making it so they don't know the other brothers of the watch until they are completely trusted somehow

damnit. Sorry for the dislike, i completely did not mean it, sorry

- Former OldCP Moderator - Former Drejk DSGHQ Moderator - Former Forum Master - Former XAT Member - Current Forum Moderator - Kacket House Guard -

cute
Master
719 posts
Seen 23rd February 2023
26th January 2016, 10:00 PM

xxgurlplayxx wrote on 26th January 2016 09:53 PM:
i would never leak or break a promise its easy not to leak don't type any secrets that is all why is it so hard for some other people? i don't understand it looks easy to me not to leak or break a promise in the PW if i was ever one
Me too, Its disrespectful to do that to staff, And i agree with everything you said ~Kat

543 posts
Seen 17th January 2019
26th January 2016, 10:07 PM

Leaking is a serious problem.
If you are trusted to have a rank,such as a Watch Brother or Moth Priest,you shouldn't disrespect it and leak to others.You were trusted,and you betrayed that and decided to do something that is unforgivable to staff members.
We have the punishments for a reason.
-Mal

+1 by George, -1 by Buddy25
Adventure Awaits....

your uber driver
Master
1,538 posts
Seen 31st May 2023
26th January 2016, 10:08 PM

ps tennis couldve given me an explanation and helped me understand like kara did, instead of disliking my post

Login or join the forums to reply.