WANTED: News Reporters

Made by Abushekaus in Announcements

Lord
Master
541 posts
Seen 28th March 2023
23rd December 2018, 02:34 PM

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Are you interested in journalism? Does writing come naturally to you? Maybe you are a good storyteller? Then DSGHQ Forums has the perfect opening for you.

That's right, we are bringing back News Reporters. These reporters will bring news from all across the DSGHQ, including Penguin3D, OldCP, iOldCP, and events surrounding them.

REQUIREMENTS:
- An Enthusiasm unknown to mankind
- Must be very active (News Reports should be published often)

Anyone can write a discussion, but it takes talent to write a news report. To enforce that these reports are kept both informational and exciting, I will be the Chief Editor of the DSGHQ News. Apply in a reply below with how you qualify and fit the requirements, and add a riveting story.

Hope to see some great reporters apply! Good luck!

+1 by George, zoe, Jdutr, door and 12 others

honeymoon
Master
150 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd December 2018, 02:54 PM

Good luck to anybody that applies! I'm sure they'll do excellent.

+1 by Abushekaus
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

night cruising
Master
2,329 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd December 2018, 03:06 PM

Are mods allowed to be news reporters? :O

+1 by zoe

Lord
Master
541 posts
Seen 28th March 2023
23rd December 2018, 03:11 PM

BlueLights wrote on 23rd December 2018, 03:06 PM:
Are mods allowed to be news reporters?
Yes!

+1 by zoe

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
23rd December 2018, 03:39 PM

Awesome! Good luck to all the talented writers who are applying for this position. :)

+1 by Abushekaus and zoe
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

The Great
Master
1,520 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd December 2018, 03:57 PM

USER: jesse
EXPERNCE: WAS NEWS REPORTER BEFORE (QUITE SKILLED)

i have the badge

+1 by Abushekaus and zoe

#CutestPersonAlive
1,887 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
23rd December 2018, 04:44 PM

username: misty
experience: none

i'm cool tho so i mean ;) not sayin u should pick me but like,,, u should

+1 by Abushekaus
* play gitaroo man. my final message. gootbye.

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
23rd December 2018, 04:51 PM

Going to report the IAPGMOOH events so feel free to make me a news reporter after you see my skills

+1 by Abushekaus

<3
Master
1,652 posts
Seen 30th July 2022
23rd December 2018, 05:02 PM

Username: Fox
Timezone: EST

Experience: RCHQ Mod, PWC (current,) OldCP Mod (I won GOM,) Press, & War Knight

Why I'd like to be News Reporter: I really like writing, and I enjoyed being a Press before. Unfortunately, all my news reports were on RCHQ Forums, but I ran Fox News for a year before I decided to stop because the game was dying. But I still love writing and I'm 100% willing to be a News Reporter again!

Why I'm qualified: I stay as active as possible on all platforms, and I've been News Reporter before. I make sure my reports are clean and easy on the eyes, making sure anyone can read it. I also pack in as much information that I can in a single report, giving it a more professional feel.

As News Reporter I vow to...
• Stay active on OldCP and Forums (and the other ones too)
• Keep a constant schedule with reports
• Make full reports
• If CZ happens, I'll make it apart of my reports
• I'll report events such as GOM, POTM, or royal jousts

(sorry for short app)

+1 by Abushekaus

Master
296 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
23rd December 2018, 05:33 PM

I sort of wanna apply but id forget to make news reports, so gl to everyone else!

+1 by Abushekaus

806 posts
Seen 5th November 2020
23rd December 2018, 08:35 PM

Lol i'd never be press but gl anyone

Still Mink
1,163 posts
Seen 15th August 2023
23rd December 2018, 09:52 PM

Name: PolPot2 or 1, or 10? I'll never know.
Timezone: Central European
Experience: Bad at fighting ranks, alright detective. I've made quite a lot of posts tho.
Why I'd like to be a news reporter: I'm a fan of the color green, and I think it'd look good on my name.
Why i'm qualified: I was an authentic journalist at CNN, so authentic that Fox News called me on to try to crack me in an interview. However, I was steadfast and refuted their points with nothing but accuracy. I was hailed as a hero as Vox reporters swarmed me with love and support, taking off their shirts and asking me to sign them. And who am I, the most enthusiastic, factually, and politically correct reporter to deny their request? I knew that my heart was not at CNN headquarters, so I had resigned. Anderson Cooper ran up to me, crying, and he gave me a bouquet of flowers as I made my exit, and he passionately kissed my cheek as i left. Since then, many news stations have tried to hire me, but I see my heart and opportunity on a great community such as the DSGHQ.

As a news reporter, I vow to

-Supply Only the best and most politically correct news.
-Allow fair and totally not biased discussion amongst my correspondents.
-Accuse my fellow news reporters of numerous violations, taking them off the map completely.
-Report the OUTRAGE and only the OUTRAGE.

Good luck to everyone :)

Former Moderator
Master
433 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
23rd December 2018, 10:43 PM

Username: Jenna
Timezone: EST

Experience: RCHQ Mod, Top Dogg, OldCP Mod, War Knight, and North Knight.

Why I'd like to be News Reporter:Writing has always been a passion of mine, and I’ve also always desired to be a News Reporter. It has been my dream since January to become News Reporter because of my passion with writing. I have written quite a few news reports and have always enjoyed writing them all.

Why I'm qualified: I believe I am extremely qualified for this rank because of my experience, trustworthiness, courage, and enthusiasm. I have written quite a few news reports on the RCHQ Forums and many users have loved reading them. I make sure to add very detailed screenshots, give a very thorough summary about the event, and also describe what happened during the event, so users feel like they were actually there.

As News Reporter I vow to...
• Be extremely active on OldCP, Forums, Discord, etc...
• Never commit treason or break ANY rules
• Make significant and thorough reports
• Contribute and work together with my fellow news reporters

Riveting Story:
Back in high school, Casey lived a somewhat normal life. She was the best student of her year and never once did she fail. Once Blake came into her life, however, things began to change. She loved Blake and always wanted to be by his side. Blake did not like this at all. A week after he came to the school, Casey began to stalk him. She followed him all over the place, inside the school and in the outside world. Never once did he leave her sight. As soon as he realized she was stalking him, he bought a rifle. Casey did not appreciate this. She became very violent towards everyone and Blake realized that the only way she would give him peace would be if he ended his life. He decided to do it the night of prom. He and Casey walked up the stairwell of the school and up onto the roof. He guided her by the hand and let her go as soon as he reached the edge of the building. He stared out at the view of the town beneath him. ''What a beautiful place to live a peaceful life.'' Casey didn't understand at all. She glared at him with her emerald eyes. ''What's that supposed to mean?'' He took out his gun and pointed it at her chest. Tears were falling thick and fast as he peered into the face of the girl infront of him who looked from the gun to him in a look of shock. ''I'm so sorry...'' he whispered. ''But I cannot deal with you anymore and I sure as hell won't let you continue hurting others.'' With that, he pulled the trigger and watched as Casey fell backwards in slow motion, arms flying out beside her, the look of shock never leaving her face. After she hit the ground, he turned the gun onto himself. That was the last anybody ever saw of the both of them, aside from the funerals.

Thank you for your time :)

+1 by Abushekaus
4207bPerlaZenTomEbonLyssAbuNateIanCateJosephPablo

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th December 2018, 02:04 AM

User: Loki
Experience: Free Fighter (current), North Knight, War Knight, Moth Larva, Moth Priest, World Champion, Moth Ninja, High Priest, Detective, Queen of the North

Why I'd Like to be a News Reporter: I would like to be a news reporter because I think it would be a lot of fun. When I was a detective, I enjoyed reporting on the sketchy things that were occurring on OldCp. I think it would be satisfying to to write reports that can help out the whole community by helping them catch up on what is going on in game and hopefully expanding their knowledge on some of the lore by informing more about it and how it relates to what is going on.

Why I'm Qualified: I am qualified for this position because I know pretty much everything that goes on on OldCp. I am active on OldCp. I also have a lot of experience reporting on things that are occurring (mostly cz) as I made a few reports about it on the RCHQ forums. Usually they would cover what all happened during the month but I would like to do it more regularly. I would also use screenshots to help illustrate what was occurring.

A Sample
War was declared by Milan of House Lannister on the North and the Islands of Das and Providence. Milan's forces include the following militaries: Hydra, Lannister, and Imperial.

The conflict started on Saturday when Milan decided he wanted Jenna, Top Dogg of Providence, and Queen Lee of Das to either join his house (Lannister) or he would start a war. Both rulers rejected his deal as they saw that this was a way for him to be able to exert his control over the islands by having the power to proclaim himself to be the ruler of them whenever he desired. Due to their rejection of his deal, war first broke out on Providence as Das is currently closed for IAPGMOOH.

The war on Providence has consisted of the usage primarily of IMPERIAL bots. The supreme commander of IMPERIAL has also been using airstrikes to do the fighting for him. This included using airstrikes directly on spawn so that anyone who is joining the room or just logging in would die immediately. There were numerous casualties.

War was declared on the North when one of these airstrikes killed King Pablo of the North. This fighting started Sunday night with the following message being globaled:

Then followed much fighting in the north and many more airstrikes. There were many casualties. Then the global command started getting abused and users were spammed with ridiculous globals such as the following:

Civilian casualties continue to rise and Lannister has yet to actually defeat any of the forces that they are facing in this war. Each time they try to attack and seize land, they get pushed back by countless war knights and militaries. Even users who have lost all of their armed accounts have been assisting in this war. They have been using their wooden swords to kill bots. This all goes to show the south shall not be defeated and everyone rejects Lannisters attempts at imposing their powers over everyone!

+1 by Abushekaus, Sebastian and zoe, -1 by lokigang and lokigangv2

Login or join the forums to reply.