3rd January 2019

I regret

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
3rd January 2019, 04:27 PM

Please read all of this, I won't make it long.

After listening to Hashir's advice to me, I think I've realised an error I've made for years. The thought that someone other than I can rule this community.

--Mistake 1--
I picked my sons, Sriram and Major and Wilf, purposefully. I knew they'd be polarising figures and not have the support of everyone. I wanted that to test and see who were really loyal to me when they are in charge. Will people support them for my sake, or reject them and thus effectively go against me?

Well, the test works very well!

But its just... not necessary to test you all anymore. After all I already know many super trustworthy people among you.

-- Mistake 2 --
Nobody other than I can rule this community. Nobody else can do it, even if I train them. Nobody will be able to run it because I made it.

This does not make Adawg's murder ok.. He still went right against the game's rules which I take really seriously. But his views were a reflection of this issue and helped us all reach this point.

Solution? Have two permanent, infinite legacy rulers? Have me (Damen) and Chelsey as the Emperor and Empress?

+1 by McKinlee, sel, George, Anja and 50 others, -1 by Team

Ya Daddy.
Banned
1,046 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd January 2019, 04:28 PM

*meanwhile wilf sits in the corner because he doesnt count as a prince nore son of damen* Crawl in my crawl

+1 by sel
"Abso • lutely not a Pe • do"!

The POTM Legend
Master
917 posts
Seen 6th July 2022
3rd January 2019, 04:29 PM

That's probably what most people want. Also, it IS the most epic duo...

McKinlee Ren
Wiki:Mckinlee

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
3rd January 2019, 04:30 PM

Long live Damen and Chelsey!

+1 by Chelsey, Jesse and Narcissa

768 posts
Seen 11th September 2022
3rd January 2019, 04:31 PM

Finally. Power is restored to Damen (Gothlord). :D

So what happens to iOldCP? Will the experiment be concluded?

Ya Daddy.
Banned
1,046 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd January 2019, 04:31 PM

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

"Abso • lutely not a Pe • do"!

Live Fast Die Young
Master
1,776 posts
Seen 22nd January 2020
3rd January 2019, 04:32 PM

Damen wrote on 3rd January 2019, 04:27 PM:
After listening to Hashir's advice to me, I think I've realised an error I've made for years. The thought that someone other than I can rule this community.
--Mistake 1--
I picked my sons, Sriram and Major and Wilf, purposefully. I knew they'd be polarising figures and not have the support of everyone. I wanted that to test and see who were really loyal to me when they are in charge. Will people support them for my sake, or reject them and thus effectively go against me?
But its just... not necessary to test you all anymore. After all I already know many super trustworthy people among you.
-- Mistake 2 --
Nobody other than I can rule this community. Nobody else can do it, even if I train them. Nobody will be able to run it because I made it.
This does not make Adawg's murder ok.. He still went right against the game's rules which I take really seriously. But his views were a reflection of this issue and helped us all reach this point.
Solution? Have two permanent, infinite legacy rulers? Have me (Damen) and Chelsey as the Emperor and Empress?
And have two infinite leagcy princes?
(Romeo & Major)

Live Fast Die Young

stop.
Master
941 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd January 2019, 04:33 PM

Long live Damen

+1 by Jonesy, Chelsey, Cool123, epicgamer and 2 others, -1 by adam a real one

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
3rd January 2019, 04:33 PM

Sherlock120Sh wrote on 3rd January 2019, 04:32 PM:
Damen wrote on 3rd January 2019, 04:27 PM:
--Mistake 1--
-- Mistake 2 --
And have two infinite leagcy princes?
(Romeo & Major)

No.

+1 by Chelsey

The Great
Master
1,520 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd January 2019, 04:34 PM

Totally agree with you and Chelsey being emperor and empress. Good idea.

+1 by lush, Chelsey and randy

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
3rd January 2019, 04:36 PM

yes good solution gothlord damen

+1 by ian, lush and Chelsey

night cruising
Master
2,329 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd January 2019, 04:37 PM

Yes, I believe you and Chelsey should rule again and have infinite legacies. It's pretty obvious that no one can rule the Empire as well as you.

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd January 2019, 04:42 PM

If I could have hit the Like button 100 times just now, I would have.
You're legit the only person who the game doesn't fall apart under AND I love Chelsey!!

It seems like other people who try to rule the game really want to do their best and help improve the community (like Orbay and Major for example). But they just don't get that community support that they need because they can't really handle the big requests that people have just due to not being able to create actual things for OldCp (OldCp still depends on you because they don't have any of those necessary coding skills). I think Major was really just trying to do his best but he didn't have the experience or wisdom to run the Empire. This frustrated people because everyone still had to go to other admins to handle their requests.

Anyway, I think this is a really good decision and it will help make OldCp run more smoothly again.

+1 by Chelsey, Sebastian and Brit, -1 by lokigang and lokigangv2

Banned
882 posts
Seen 28th September 2024
3rd January 2019, 04:44 PM

To be honest that makes the most sense. (Mods I accidentialy reported this post I was actually trying to make a like, sorry idk if report went through but it pressed the button) but tbh yeah that sounds like a good solution. At this point, it doesnt matter how realistic it is, it's still a game with rules that should be enforced.

+1 by Chelsey and Loki

1,137 posts
Seen 14th August 2023
3rd January 2019, 04:47 PM

so you used those 3 sons of yours because they had a lower reputation than everyone else?

you knew that not everyone was fond of them, so you decided to do a little experiment to use them?

am i taking this wrong? they were less liked so they were a part of an experiment they knew nothing about so you used them to see the users reactions and loyalty?

+1 by bakon, zoe, Chelsey, Narcissa and 6 others

Login or join the forums to reply.