iOldCPv2

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
22nd November 2019, 07:04 PM

iOldCP is being re-released and put online 24/7 and has had a DB reset

Please thank SecurityGuy, Alatar, Brit and Jesse for being part of this.

Things will be clearer soon, but to make an account you will need the access code. Its up to the admins of iOldCP to decide when the code will be released and to whom.

The CZ on iOldCP will be different to OldCP's and hopefully it turns out better than the first time round!

+1 by SecurityGuy, Zaron, Milkshake, Jenna and 22 others, -1 by ian

Master
1,349 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd November 2019, 07:07 PM

congrats sg!!!!

+1 by SecurityGuy
Below are the only pictures of mine that remain from the past..

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n463/textspace/lcd/lcd_7.swf?w=400&h=46&c=1&spd=2&b=2&t=Imperial Knight]quality=high wmode=transparent width=400 height=46[/flash]

Hey! Check out my Imperial Knight Application! Link:
http://forums.damenspike.com/view/44380/

Thank you, Glimmer! It's awesome!

Thanks you! THANK YOU SO MUCH TASHA!

Thanks, Mal! It's fab, like you!

Lemon, from now and on I will ask you to make the pixel letters! :D

Thanks for visiting.. come again! <3

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd November 2019, 07:14 PM

Great now OLDCP WILL BE DEAD :(

+1 by Joseph, Loki, Miromeski, sparrow and 5 others

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
22nd November 2019, 07:19 PM

This will be exciting to see. I hope that this new version of iOldCP will be a great experience and be a way for people to show their potential.

+1 by Pic

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd November 2019, 07:30 PM

So you want to kill oldcp again? We all know everyone will get ioldcp access like last time and OldCp will die again (despite people expressing their dislike for
it, they’ll go on it because cz will be 24/7 and give people things to do and we all know the admins will let everyone on who asks for the code). Honestly, why are we doing this again when like 6 people wanted ioldcp brought back?
Hopefully I’m wrong but, rip oldcp (again).

+1 by jay, Joseph, Seth, Miromeski and 12 others

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
22nd November 2019, 07:44 PM

Loki wrote on 22nd November 2019, 07:30 PM:
So you want to kill oldcp again? We all know everyone will get ioldcp access like last time and OldCp will die again (despite people expressing their dislike for
it, they’ll go on it because cz will be 24/7 and give people things to do and we all know the admins will let everyone on who asks for the code). Honestly, why are we doing this again when like 6 people wanted ioldcp brought back?

You need to be on board with iOldCP so that it can succeed. If it does, it has the potential of being much better than oldcp in the long run and can take over fully, potentially removing the original oldcp. However, if you don't get on board with it NOW, then both games will suffer doom.

The fact is, the OG oldcp has become so slowly moving now that it cant stay this way for much longer and needs a successor.

+1 by izuno, Xvoid, Augustine, HammyMajed and 5 others, -1 by jay, Horse and Mink

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd November 2019, 07:47 PM

Damen wrote on 22nd November 2019, 07:44 PM:
Quote:
You need to be on board with iOldCP so that it can succeed. If it does, it has the potential of being much better than oldcp in the long run and can take over fully, potentially removing the original oldcp. However, if you don't get on board with it NOW, then both games will suffer doom
I suggest not having two games up at once with a community like this. We can barely get 10 users on OldCP at once, and iOldCP will split the users. Most users on iOldCP will be ranked on OldCP, which creates an extremely inactive OldCP game. Since iOldCP is 100% CZ, moderation is not needed and my role is pointless. If anything, give Adawg a chance to see what he can do with OldCP. We wanted Adawg because he offered to change the game and make it amazing.

+1 by Loki, Joseph, Sled, Pic and 2 others

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd November 2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
You need to be on board with iOldCP so that it can succeed. If it does, it has the potential of being much better than oldcp in the long run and can take over fully, potentially removing the original oldcp. However, if you don't get on board with it NOW, then both games will suffer doom
I’m sorry but I’m not getting on board with it. I had enough with ioldcp last time it was up. Hell last time when I quit ioldcp over something stupid Orlock removed all the stuff (literally everything) from my account just for quitting. If oldcp dies, I’m out. As I said, I’m sorry but ioldcp just isn’t a place I want to be.

+1 by jay, Miromeski, Joseph, Scott and 5 others

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd November 2019, 07:52 PM

Loki wrote on 22nd November 2019, 07:49 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
I’m sorry but I’m not getting on board with it. I had enough with ioldcp last time it was up. Hell last time when I quit ioldcp over something stupid Orlock removed all the stuff from my account just for quitting. If oldcp dies, I’m out. As I said, I’m sorry but ioldcp just isn’t a place I want to be.
Same. I’m on OldCP to moderate and enforce rules. If I can’t do that anymore, I might as well leave, especially since CZ is not my thing.

+1 by Horse

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
22nd November 2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I’m sorry but I’m not getting on board with it. I had enough with ioldcp last time it was up. Hell last time when I quit ioldcp over something stupid Orlock removed all the stuff (literally everything) from my account just for quitting. If oldcp dies, I’m out. As I said, I’m sorry but ioldcp just isn’t a place I want to be.

Thats why we have Brit, Randy, Jesse and me on the admin team now

+1 by Brit

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
22nd November 2019, 07:55 PM

Jonathan1tt1 wrote on 22nd November 2019, 07:52 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I’m sorry but I’m not getting on board with it. I had enough with ioldcp last time it was up. Hell last time when I quit ioldcp over something stupid Orlock removed all the stuff from my account just for quitting. If oldcp dies, I’m out. As I said, I’m sorry but ioldcp just isn’t a place I want to be.
Same. I’m on OldCP to moderate and enforce rules. If I can’t do that anymore, I might as well leave, especially since CZ is not my thing.

You can be a mod on iOldCP too

+1 by

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd November 2019, 07:59 PM

Damen wrote on 22nd November 2019, 07:55 PM:
Quote:
Jonathan1tt1 wrote on 22nd November 2019, 07:52 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can be a mod on iOldCP too
Moderation will not be necessary on iOldCP due to needing an access code. If the game goes public, maybe, however as I said, iOldCP is mainly CZ, most trolls will die due to lightning or something.

+1 by Joseph, Loki, Horse and

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
22nd November 2019, 08:01 PM

Honestly, it seems like a cool idea to have another game that's ran by the people for the people but I don't know why things always have to be "to try and be better than OldCP." OldCP has potential too and honestly I feel that it could be made into something great if we put more time and effort into it. I didn't like the first version of iOldCP because I felt like everything that people earned on OldCP meant nothing anymore because people were earning those same positions way easier on iOldCP. I feel that the community of iOldCP players is going to be small if we make this change because #1 you're going to need an access code and #2 since not that many people play OldCP their will only be a small minority of that people who are going to get the code. In the end, it's in the hands of the Administration for what they want to do with the game(s) and I guess nobody can argue with that, but we can have an opinion.

+1 by jay, sara, HammyMajed and Pic

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd November 2019, 08:03 PM

Also Damen, 4207b was SPWC on iOldCP and I’m pretty sure the PW were extremely pointless and played no role at all on iOldCP. Things are different on OldCP. I’d personally prefer to keep OldCP as the main game and make OldCP better and improve it with Adawg. Giving Adawg admin on OldCP to just open a whole new game and make his role pointless as well is flat out disrespectful. Please don’t say “Adawg can be admin on iOldCP too” because remember, it’s two COMPLETELY different games. Events like Gom, Wci, and more DO NOT happen on there.

+1 by Scott, Joseph, Loki, Sled and 1 other

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
22nd November 2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
You need to be on board with iOldCP so that it can succeed. If it does, it has the potential of being much better than oldcp in the long run and can take over fully, potentially removing the original oldcp. However, if you don't get on board with it NOW, then both games will suffer doom.
The fact is, the OG oldcp has become so slowly moving now that it cant stay this way for much longer and needs a successor.

This sounds like a fruitful adventure, but it's also quite risky.
I do not know what you have in mind, but it's certain that OldCP and iOldCP cannot coexist.
There are many opportunity costs involved, it is likely that OldCP will die in the attempt of making iOldCP popular. If iOldCP does not succeed, then OldCP will be gone in vain. Risking OldCP for a project that has failed in the past is unwise.
Despite that, if you do not move now, it might be the end of DSGHQ as well. Users are looking for new stuff, not just the same and well known OldCP from the past. As you've mentioned, OldCP has become very slowly moving, if this does not change, the game will die. It is correct to make a move now and change things.

I understand you, Damen. I see that you face a dilemma, an irreconcilable antagonism. My best wishes to you, this is not an easy choice, and to this community as well.

+1 by HammyMajed, Brit, Mink and Omerta
Gone

Sweet memories

Login or join the forums to reply.