12th April 2015

The Hate on Moderators

Made by IceeSofie in Announcements

sof#0717
Master
703 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
12th April 2015, 06:06 PM

Recently, I have seen users saying rude and disrespectful things to and about Ellie and Bailey, I have to say it's quite disrespectful. I understand you have your right to say what you think, but instead of making others feel like they did something wrong, acknowledge the fact that we all have made a mistake in our life. Yes, this is a job, but Damen even said to not to take moderators and moderating so seriously. You're probably thinking, "Well what does that have to do with anything?". From my point of view, it means that we as a community should not stress about Moderators and what they do, obviously that analysis may be incorrect in some people's opinions but that isn't the point. I don't like to see these people be hated on, you should really think before you speak, because it can truly hurt someone else. Yes, these two did resign, but they proved to me that they should get the rank back, as many of you are doing right now, and I am watching. These actions cause others to feel like they did a crime, like they did something wrong. Instead of making them feel bad about it in public, why not speak to me in private about this? After all I was the one who wanted them moderator. If you want to hate on them more, it won't help you get a rank.

Thank you for reading, and in no way am I pointing anyone out personally, this is for all users. (Sorry for the short post btw :P)

+1 by Sting, Cheep, damn daniel, Suzy and 60 others, -1 by Shepherd, Dom, trixie, Patrick Kacket and 1 other
When you need me I will be there, count on it.

Just a Wild Thing
788 posts
Seen 9th August 2023
12th April 2015, 06:07 PM

I am editing this post due to the huge flow of hate becuz i said my opinion. sorry.

+1 by V, Dom, Maggie, Mists and 5 others, -1 by LoveMincraft, Sydney and TwentyTwoPilots

OldCP/DSGHQ Veteran
1,357 posts
Seen 12th October 2020
12th April 2015, 06:07 PM

You should all give some respect to staff at all times.

+1 by Cheep, Haylee, tess, Maggie and 5 others, -1 by Shepherd, Dom and ian

Rookie
686 posts
Seen 1st March 2016
12th April 2015, 06:11 PM

They are just jealous. +1. I totally agree with this.

+1 by Haylee, introvert, Mists and owixie, -1 by Dom, Maggie, trixie and Shepherd

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Seen 3rd November 2019
12th April 2015, 06:14 PM

Yes!
I've seen users complain about Ellie and Bailey but what they don't try to do is look at it from their perspective. They've been promoted to mod, they should be congratulated! It's sad seeing a newly promoted mod all droopy because of some petty hate. I am really frustrated because I've been in their position. Every one hated me when I was first mod because I earned it within three months instead of five months. It's all jealousy really, you see, all they want to do is make them feel bad. Sometimes even guilty for regaining moderator, but what really bothers me is that those moderators are blamed for their promotion. News flash, administrators pick them. They don't pick to be a moderator, and they sure as hell don't want to be hated for it. So stop what you're doing and think. Great post, Sofie. It's amazing how disrespectful some users are. But what can I say? I mean, it's obviously a custom here.

+1 by Haylee, Bailey, oh , Scott and 8 others, -1 by Shepherd
Lady Cheep Glitz of the Royal Imperial Bank
Lady of the Bank - Detective - Forums Moderator - OldCP Moderator - Lady of the Empire

Friends
Hails||Sadie|Chelsey|Tess|Mico|Damen|Dance|Gamer|Con|Jacob|Adam

Wiki:Cheep

Just a fnaf lover!! :)
1,663 posts
Seen 6th March 2016
12th April 2015, 06:15 PM

Yes! Thanks for making this post! :D

+1 by Haylee, Otaku Goldy and owixie, -1 by Shepherd
NAHH- Oh wait enjoy this Edited Animation I made and a Lag Seizure if you have a bad computer like me!:

trix are for kids
430 posts
Seen 24th February 2021
12th April 2015, 06:20 PM

Freddy Fazbear wrote on 12th April 2015 06:07 PM:
Dude, there hasnt been any hate to mods. Show some respect for the users too.

Yes there has. "Ellie shouldn't have gotten a second chance" "Bailey shouldn't have gotten re-promoted" That is hate. They EARNED the rank back. Everyone needs to learn how to FORGIVE AND FORGET. The statements about Bailey and Ellie shouldn't be happening.

and Sofa <333 Preach girlfriend :)

+1 by Cheep, Haylee, Bailey, Otaku Goldy and 2 others, -1 by Shepherd and Maggie

2,325 posts
Seen 2nd November 2015
12th April 2015, 06:22 PM

I agree, though some stated opinions were not rude, and had a decent point. Though once crossed the line, it is just plain terrible.

+1 by Maggie, Otaku Goldy, Chelsey, owixie and 1 other

sayonara
Master
1,136 posts
Seen 5th June 2022
12th April 2015, 06:23 PM

Well, you are looking at it from the perspective of an Admin/Mod.

Now look at it from the perspective of a normal user who is really trying to earn Mod.

See the difference.

Now, I understand your reasoning, but
Honestly,

There hasn't been much hate directly aimed at them.
We only said Mod's in general.

I'm honestly not hating any of the retired mods who want it back,
I'm just hating the idea that normal users don't really get the chance anymore.

Like, its usually always the same people getting the same rank over and over,
I, personally, feel that we need need new potential to stand up and come forward.

Sorry if this hurt anyone.

-Wolf

+1 by LoveMincraft, dounia, Dom, Maggie and 8 others

Master
1,414 posts
Seen 30th October 2015
12th April 2015, 06:27 PM

Seeing everything from a different point of view now. The hate that has been getting to me won't get to me anymore for sure. For now I know they're doing it to make me feel bad about myself and what I've done which I totally regret- fully. If I give you respect please give me respect back. Thank you for the post, Sofie. Thank you. .

+1 by Sydney, LoveMincraft, Bailey, Maggie and 3 others

Master
3,205 posts
Seen 16th August 2023
12th April 2015, 06:33 PM

It's funny, because pretty much everyone was happy for Ellie when she first got promoted again

+1 by Maggie, Tommy0724, Chelsey, owixie and 2 others

Just a fnaf lover!! :)
1,663 posts
Seen 6th March 2016
12th April 2015, 06:41 PM

Ellie wrote on 12th April 2015 06:27 PM:
Seeing everything from a different point of view now. The hate that has been getting to me won't get to me anymore for sure. For now I know they're doing it to make me feel bad about myself and what I've done which I totally regret- fully. If I give you respect please give me respect back. Thank you for the post, Sofie. Thank you. .
Yes very true!! :D

+1 by owixie and Lemonade
NAHH- Oh wait enjoy this Edited Animation I made and a Lag Seizure if you have a bad computer like me!:

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
12th April 2015, 06:44 PM

I think people are just jealous, the problem is, some Staff members are treated like gods, meanwhile, the users, the most important thing on DSGHQ, without them what Mods and Admins would do? Users are treated like DIRT.
I see that Moderators and Administrators must be respected, but, what about the users? I don't see disrespect on Bailey and Ellie, I see people discussing if the decision of re-promote them was wise, it is not "BAILEY SHOULDN'T BE PROMOTED, HE SUCKS AT MODERATING" (he doesen't sucks at moderating, I think he's awesome at it) we just say "Well... do you think that the decision was wise?" and blah blah blah. I don't see much disrespect, the only thing I see is people beign rude because they are jealous, so, Mrs Sofie, I think that statement is wrong.
We just want committed Moderators, is it too hard to understand? I think so.

Feel free to dislike this post, your judgement, not mine;

-Lloyd

+1 by Chelsey, owixie, Salsa, habsolo and 1 other, -1 by LoveMincraft
Gone

Sweet memories

The Great
Master
1,520 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
12th April 2015, 06:44 PM

Agreed. Thanks for making a post about this.

Now you know I excist
323 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
12th April 2015, 06:46 PM

Well Yes I do agree. I won't try to say anything bad about mods. witch I haven't done as far as I remember. A lot of this stuff happens to me.

The lame one will climb up like the stag does.

If you need help, feel free to PM me on Skype or on here.

Login or join the forums to reply.