18th May 2015

No Tolerance Policy

Made by Roberto in Announcements

Based God
Master
133 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
18th May 2015, 08:40 PM

Note- The Attendance policy may be considered a little bit too extreme, so this might not be permanent. I may decrease it to 12-15 hours a week.

As OldCP gets more popular through our stage of advertisement we need our mods to be on top of their game now that Summer is finally approaching and already here for some of us.
Attendance Spreadsheet
I have created a spreadsheet that accurately tracks the amount of hours a mod has been online OldCP every week.

Here's how it works:
An X means you haven't been online that week for the given amount of time moderators are supposed to be online weekly.(24 hours)

An O means you have completed your hours for that week and you have been cleared

If you have an X that says 'cleared' next to it that means you've been excused by a legitimate reason.

If you are given 3 X's you'll be confronted by either Tennis or me looking for a reason for your inactivity and if we find that reason sensible you will be excused, other than that it's pretty much a guaranteed demotion.

With the demotion of inactive mods, we shall be looking for more qualified members to take their place. So keep working hard.
Attendance Policy

I'm aware that the previous policy was that mods are required to be active for 5 hours a week on OLDCP, well I have increased this requirement to 24 hours a week.

Current Situation
Probation list: Mckinlee, Sled, Little, Deenie, Ellie, Saber574

Demotion: May23(Unless given a legitimate reason)

Let this be a warning to the mods, OldCP is looking for the best of the best and if you're the suitable mod we thought you were when we picked you then this policy should be easily doable.

+1 by tess, lexa, Preston, Rae and 39 others, -1 by Mark, ian and lylance
Sincerely, God's Child

The Great
Master
3,983 posts
Seen 10th September 2020
18th May 2015, 08:41 PM

Summer is a very busy time, it is important that the mods are active and paying attention!

+1 by Billy, Lemonade, Preston, George and 11 others

Master
1,147 posts
Seen 27th February 2016
18th May 2015, 08:46 PM

Yeah, most Moderators are great at being active, but though some aren't obviously. This is certainly a great policy, hopefully this will help the inactivity. I wish them all luck with keeping their rank, great post Rob! :)

+1 by Billy, introvert, Maggie, Bonnie Bunny and 1 other

872 posts
Seen 11th August 2023
18th May 2015, 08:47 PM

This will be really helpful! I have noticed that mods have gotten off the hook for being very inactive. This helps them get back up on their feet! Wonderful policy!
~Alice

+1 by Sneha

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
18th May 2015, 08:47 PM

Nice policy, it's a great idea!
It is good for users, we'll be given chances to be promoted, but... some people will be demoted, that's sad, but necessary.

+1 by Billy, Sneha, Mists, PokeWillow2 and 1 other
Gone

Sweet memories

103 posts
Seen 12th November 2015
18th May 2015, 08:51 PM

I think this is a great idea. There are a lot of users that are always active and helping out that deserve the job while there are Mods that are frequently inactive. Hopefully this will help with the inactivity.

+1 by anmoo, Billy, Sneha, Preston and 4 others, -1 by HeyGirl
Best Friends
Tori, Kara, Harrison, Allan, Gibran, Anmo, & Salsa

Queen Regent of Snaildom
Master
1,826 posts
Seen 15th August 2023

Well, the mods have irl stuff really.

+1 by Jacobg627, Mark, Skittles4me2, Sneha and 5 others, -1 by Maggie
<3

trix are for kids
430 posts
Seen 24th February 2021

Ok. Nice idea!!! :D

+1 by Sneha

Cat lover
Master
1,721 posts
Seen 2nd January 2022
18th May 2015, 08:55 PM

24 hrs in a week?
i can attend 24 hours in a day! LOL jk
this sounds interesting, indeed i respect the facts, but either way all i can say is this:-
good luck mods!

[/spoiler] [/center]

i am forever thankful Zeternal :)

Ask me for help!
697 posts
Seen 5th March 2016
18th May 2015, 08:57 PM

This is a really good idea to find the active mods and the in-active mods. Summer is coming and school is coming to end for most users so more users will be on in the morning and that means more drama.

Night

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary is just the little Extra"

The Legend
1,333 posts
Seen 10th September 2019
18th May 2015, 08:58 PM

I was just thinking about this, the demotion of inactive Mods will give a chance for people interested in the rank, like myself, to accomplish their goal and have a chance at that once tight exclusive position

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
18th May 2015, 09:05 PM

I fret I agree and disagree with this policy you have here. You see Moderators can't vow their entire life to a game that wont have purpose when they go for a real world job, let that be a few years or many. I as a former OldCP Moderator came online everyday whenever I had free time obviously. However I had work to be done and I indeed went to that first as its most important. The DSGHQ is a place for users to have fun and enjoy themselves and yes I comprehend Moderators still can have fun while going throughout this new policy. Yet set a roll yourselves as superior people of the DSGHQ not only tell the Moderators to come online but make an honest effort for you as superiors of the DSGHQ to come on 24 hours a week too. All Administrators have started off as Moderator therefore I believe they to should follow by this but that is my opinion.

Secondly when following this policy I want to let everyone know don't forget to save time for yourself too. Moderating can often become overwhelming for some staff members (doesn't mean they need a demotion). However let this be known I honored my rank and I didn't come on because it was required I came on because of respect. Respecting your title and understanding it is key to ever remaining to that place. Often people see a policy and go "oh no, I can't follow this" simply because they're truly scared of it... it more or less seems too big for something quite virtual. Where I'm getting at is Damen made two videos stating not to make a rank too serious and just have fun. I believe making a policy is more or less forcing someone to put in full effort to make 24 hours a week (3 hours a day) automatically (easy to some) but some people do have work to attend and from former experience by all means to any OldCP Moderator go to work in the real world and let virtuality come when needed.

However I do respect this policy and I hope it is followed out of respect.

Thanks,
-Sadie

+1 by Matt, Lemonade, Bp28, Jacobg627 and 23 others
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Banned
234 posts
Seen 9th November 2015
18th May 2015, 09:06 PM

24 hours a week is pretty extreme (nearly 3 hours a day). I think 10 or 15 is a little more reasonable.

+1 by Scott, Bp28, Jacobg627, Matt and 9 others

I'm also a moderator on PB2

Login or join the forums to reply.