12th April 2015

The Hate on Moderators

Made by IceeSofie in Announcements

Banned
234 posts
Seen 9th November 2015
12th April 2015, 08:26 PM

Although you bring up a fair point, one should keep in mind that normal users should be respected just as well as moderators.

I'm also a moderator on PB2

Cat lover
Master
1,721 posts
Seen 2nd January 2022
12th April 2015, 08:28 PM

Again... this is true
but i believe some staff members (which are now fired) were rude to users causing rumors and uprising
we must come to realize the truth before we choke to death on our own pride

[/spoiler] [/center]

i am forever thankful Zeternal :)

Imperator.
Master
2,097 posts
Seen 21st September 2020
12th April 2015, 08:30 PM

Short posts are allowed.
Great post btw.

105 posts
Seen 26th July 2015
12th April 2015, 08:47 PM

Freddy Fazbear wrote on 12th April 2015 06:07 PM:
I am editing this post due to the huge flow of hate becuz i said my opinion. sorry.

You can't edit posts.Only the maker of the post could.And in this case,only Iceesofie can edit it.

~xAustinx

Hey,Call Me Austin

id=JN.uFCAGUfmbU5PkjN27g2M7A&w=236&h=177&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1[/img][/right]

Grumpy Cat!

105 posts
Seen 26th July 2015
12th April 2015, 08:48 PM

Freddy Fazbear wrote on 12th April 2015 06:07 PM:
I am editing this post due to the huge flow of hate becuz i said my opinion. sorry.

You can't edit posts.Only the maker of the post could.And in this case,only Iceesofie can edit it.

~xAustinx

Hey,Call Me Austin

id=JN.uFCAGUfmbU5PkjN27g2M7A&w=236&h=177&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1[/img][/right]

Grumpy Cat!

Queen Regent of Snaildom
Master
1,826 posts
Seen 15th August 2023
12th April 2015, 08:48 PM

IceeSofie wrote on 12th April 2015 06:06 PM:
Recently, I have seen users saying rude and disrespectful things to and about Ellie and Bailey, I have to say it's quite disrespectful. I understand you have your right to say what you think, but instead of making others feel like they did something wrong, acknowledge the fact that we all have made a mistake in our life. Yes, this is a job, but Damen even said to not to take moderators and moderating so seriously. You're probably thinking, "Well what does that have to do with anything?". From my point of view, it means that we as a community should not stress about Moderators and what they do, obviously that analysis may be incorrect in some people's opinions but that isn't the point. I don't like to see these people be hated on, you should really think before you speak, because it can truly hurt someone else. Yes, these two did resign, but they proved to me that they should get the rank back, as many of you are doing right now, and I am watching. These actions cause others to feel like they did a crime, like they did something wrong. Instead of making them feel bad about it in public, why not speak to me in private about this? After all I was the one who wanted them moderator. If you want to hate on them more, it won't help you get a rank.

Thank you for reading, and in no way am I pointing anyone out personally, this is for all users. (Sorry for the short post btw )
What?!?!? If they do that again, I'll notify the staff and don't disrespect any of the staff!

~Sam

<3

Master
1,147 posts
Seen 27th February 2016
12th April 2015, 09:19 PM

Thank you so much for this post. I agree. I'm actually glad they became Moderators, they're both great at their jobs. Great post, I've surely seen many complaints about Bailey and Ellie, Especially at the session yesterday. I can't imagine how it made them feel.

+1 by Haylee

Certified Nick Foles Fan
1,076 posts
Seen 19th April 2020
12th April 2015, 09:44 PM

Moderators getting repromoted is nothing new. Everyone needs a break from this now and then, like we saw with Bailey and Ellie, and since they were great moderators who did the job well, when they were ready they got promoted again. It's not a problem. The DSGHQ has always had repromotions, forgiveness and second chances, why are you all complaining about it now?

+1 by Bailey, Cheep and Haylee

Lead us Thorin!!
R.I.P Sean K.

亡霊
Master
713 posts
Seen 6th October 2020
12th April 2015, 10:03 PM

This whole, "old moderators shouldn't be repromoted," thing is all about perspective. We need to take account of everyone's feelings, not just the higher ranked users'. I understand Bailey and Ellie might feel a bit upset over some things specific users have said, but do keep in mind that most users only say things like that because they're upset, too. A lot of people are working hard to earn moderator and it doesn't seem fair when people are promoted simply for earning moderator in the past and wishing their rank back.
Maybe things get a bit overwhelming or maybe some moderators just get bored of their rank, but that's something you need to fight through, not ditch and return when the rank seems appealing again. I understand the whole concept of wanting committed moderators in this situation and I completely agree.
Regardless, Bailey and Ellie are good moderators and they should stay. I just feel like they're not seeing opinions the way they should. No one is against them, they're against repromotion and are recommending to not take action like that in the future.
On another note, I'd love to see some fresh, new usernames below the game. That doesn't mean we need to rid the old ones.

+1 by Cheep, Salsa, Haylee, Wheeler and 3 others

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Seen 16th August 2021
12th April 2015, 10:17 PM

JeffOldCP wrote on 12th April 2015 06:07 PM:
You should all give some respect to staff at all times.

Yes, but all normal users need just the same amount if respect. We are no different.

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me
But bear this mind it was meant to be
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile
You've never loved your stomach or your thighs
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine
But I'll love them endlessly

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you and all these little things

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea
Maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep
And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep
Though it makes no sense to me

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape
You never want to know how much you weigh
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But you're perfect to me

I won't let these little things slips out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you, it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you and all these little things

You never love yourself half as much as I love you
You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to
If I let you know, I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you oh

I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth
Because it's you, oh it's you, it's you they add up to
And I'm in love with you (all these little things)
I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you, it's you they add up to
I'm in love with you, and all your little things

<3 <3 <3 I'm in love with 1D and all Niall's little things <3 <3 <3

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Seen 3rd November 2019
12th April 2015, 10:56 PM

Cas wrote on 12th April 2015 10:03 PM:
This whole, "old moderators shouldn't be repromoted," thing is all about perspective. We need to take account of everyone's feelings, not just the higher ranked users'. I understand Bailey and Ellie might feel a bit upset over some things specific users have said, but do keep in mind that most users only say things like that because they're upset, too. A lot of people are working hard to earn moderator and it doesn't seem fair when people are promoted simply for earning moderator in the past and wishing their rank back.
Maybe things get a bit overwhelming or maybe some moderators just get bored of their rank, but that's something you need to fight through, not ditch and return when the rank seems appealing again. I understand the whole concept of wanting committed moderators in this situation and I completely agree.
Regardless, Bailey and Ellie are good moderators and they should stay. I just feel like they're not seeing opinions the way they should. No one is against them, they're against repromotion and are recommending to not take action like that in the future.
On another note, I'd love to see some fresh, new usernames below the game. That doesn't mean we need to rid the old ones.

I understand where you're coming from but this whole post has witnesses of users saying stuff to Ellie and Bailey. In fact, both Ellie and Bailey are witnesses. And I don't think this post was really about Ellie and Bailey I think it was more based on the fact that they deserved it in general. I'm just saying that re promotion or not, these two earned it and earned it well. I think Sofie made a great choice by choosing them. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Their promotions didn't just revolve around them earning moderator in the past though, I believe Ellie made an application and Bailey was promoted to Imperial Knight, so that could of as well contributed to their promotions.

+1 by Haylee
Lady Cheep Glitz of the Royal Imperial Bank
Lady of the Bank - Detective - Forums Moderator - OldCP Moderator - Lady of the Empire

Friends
Hails||Sadie|Chelsey|Tess|Mico|Damen|Dance|Gamer|Con|Jacob|Adam

Wiki:Cheep

336 posts
Seen 7th July 2023
12th April 2015, 11:06 PM

okkk. opinions are opinions. not EVERYONE is going to respect, I can see why. In my vision I don't see it as "hate" I personally find it opinions.

I never see it as hate. it's opinions. Go ahead, dislike it.. again......

OPINIONS

not hate ok bye dislike it if you want

kind3 is cool
92 posts
Seen 23rd April 2023
12th April 2015, 11:44 PM

That's really bad people should be nice to mods! :(

+1 by owixie

167 posts
Seen 4th May 2015
13th April 2015, 12:12 AM

I agree.I see hate all the time it should really stop now. great post sofie! +1