12th April 2015

The Hate on Moderators

Made by IceeSofie in Announcements

salsa
41 posts
Seen 12th March 2016
13th April 2015, 03:31 AM

Although you say this post isn't pointed towards anyone in particular, it's quite obvious who it may be responding to. What you say is by no means wrong, and you have every right to see what people say about the moderators as "disrespectful," however when people try to make a statement that a reoccurring issue or subject, to be so polite, has come up, there is no reason to make another post disputing what the other has said... there's no need.
This is just another point to make that the members of staff, although said otherwise by such, are treated differently than normal users. The "normal" users have a different sense of respect then that of the staff. Sofie, I think you're missing the point that the users are trying to make, and that is; whether the user has re-earned the title back, or are re-applying it makes no real difference. Once you have resigned, you as a person have the choice to let others take your place and join the team, or to take the place you gave up, back. If the position was too overwhelming or if it created too much drama for you, it doesn't make a difference, and if you want to take the position back, what makes you think it will be any different than the last time?
Maybe I just don't understand, and maybe I never will, however it's true that our opinions are not easily heard by those with a ranked position, and are often misinterpreted as being too "rude" or "disrespectful."

+1 by Jake01, Wheeler, Chelsey, Hashir and 1 other
Salsa

The Guy From Boston
Master
1,779 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
13th April 2015, 03:45 AM

Cheep wrote on 12th April 2015 06:14 PM:
Yes!
I've seen users complain about Ellie and Bailey but what they don't try to do is look at it from their perspective. They've been promoted to mod, they should be congratulated! It's sad seeing a newly promoted mod all droopy because of some petty hate. I am really frustrated because I've been in their position. Every one hated me when I was first mod because I earned it within three months instead of five months. It's all jealousy really, you see, all they want to do is make them feel bad. Sometimes even guilty for regaining moderator, but what really bothers me is that those moderators are blamed for their promotion. News flash, administrators pick them. They don't pick to be a moderator, and they sure as hell don't want to be hated for it. So stop what you're doing and think. Great post, Sofie. It's amazing how disrespectful some users are. But what can I say? I mean, it's obviously a custom here.

Obviously most people are power hungry, they want the highest position so they'd get more respect from users. I myself made the DSGHQ ROBLOX Server and I get respect from users.

+1 by Cheep

The Guy From Boston
Master
1,779 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
13th April 2015, 03:52 AM

Hashir wrote on 12th April 2015 07:06 PM:
Hello,

I do agree about the point you're making, but I think I want to share my point of view.

Some users may be disrespecting, but we have to also respect users opinions. Some people want to say their opinions and they can't because apparently saying something against moderators is disrespect. We should all be entitled to a freedom of speech and most people don't speak their mind because they will get in trouble from it. I do agree with some users point of views, but some are harmless and are not rude or anything. But, that depends on what you classify is rude. Users should be respected for their opinion, as long as they say it civilly.

Thank you, but I agree overall.

Judging of what they're capable of some moderators ignores users at occasions

+1 by Cheep

768 posts
Seen 11th September 2022
13th April 2015, 06:33 AM

Yes,

I always tell people to respect other rankings as they respect you.....

People don't listen.....

Thank you Iceesofie for posting this, I agree with you 100%. I was about to post something like this before you did. Anyways regardless if your a ranking or not people need to respect each other, so the community can continue to grow.

Thats all I can say i'm in a rush

-George5562

328 posts
Seen 19th August 2015
13th April 2015, 06:52 AM

Ah, yes. this is the post that I have thought some time on.I think users should stop being mean to moderators because the moderators are the one who are helping OldCP run. This post is not meant to be hurtful or anything! Sorry for the short post too. -Mills

Live life, love dreams and you'll be okay.

Cat lover
Master
1,721 posts
Seen 2nd January 2022
13th April 2015, 07:13 AM

Glimmer wrote on 12th April 2015 10:17 PM:
JeffOldCP said on 12th April 2015 06:07 PM:
You should all give some respect to staff at all times.

Yes, but all normal users need just the same amount if respect. We are no different.
well i guess u havent checked all things yet but indeed i agreed with this

[/spoiler] [/center]

i am forever thankful Zeternal :)

1,384 posts
Seen 22nd July 2015
13th April 2015, 07:39 AM

I believe anyone who has the gut to say those things to Bailey and Ellie are simply hypocrites. For, if this situation happened to them I don't think they'd appreciate the hate either. They just need to look at it through Bailey's and Ellie's point of view in this situation, and I believe that is one of the only ways they'll see what they are doing is wrong. Listen up, it's not easy going through what Ellie and Bailey have to go through. I'm sure no one would want to receive the hate they are putting up with, when really it isn't there fault in the first place. For they proved to Sofie they could earn their rank back, they did what must be done and set a good example. No one should be blamed for that, it's just wrong. Users without a rank have the same chance to earn Mod, but in the end it's the Administrators decisions. If you would, please congratulate someone who has just earned something.

Lovely post Sofie. :)

Former Moderator - Master - Friendly user <3
Don't hesitate to come to me if you need anything.

343 posts
Seen 25th May 2015
13th April 2015, 07:47 AM

This Is Very True, It Should All Come To A STOP!. Everyone Must Respect Moderators, Ellie And Bailey Have Had Their Second Chances, Because Of There Grateful And Helpfulness.

Tabi~

Tabi, One Of A Kind.
Friends:
Becky1028, sweet542, BAKON, Emmy2468, jilly, iChristy, gweenypink8, trixie1234
PM Me If I Forgot You!

Believe in yourself
270 posts
Seen 13th March 2016
13th April 2015, 07:51 AM

This I a very great post iceesofie

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
13th April 2015, 11:07 AM

Don't worry, it's not a short post! :P

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

1,258 posts
Seen 24th October 2015
13th April 2015, 12:07 PM

Choc wrote on 12th April 2015 07:07 PM:
It's kinda getting a bit old now.
I gotta agree with Wolf on here. If you try and see the point of view by a normal user, they hardly have a chance anymore to be a moderator, because we are just picking the same people all over again to be one.

Im not hating on them. I honestly think they are doing well, but I think we need new faces who have the potential to be a mod then select the same people everytime.

Also, I feel we need commited mods. I dont like seeing mods constantly be chosen again because they keep leaving their jobs for whatever reasons. Once is fine, but mutiple times are showing they are not committed.

Please try and see this from a normal users point of view.
- Choc
We Need Trial Mods!!!

DJ
Master
2,814 posts
Seen 24th May 2023
13th April 2015, 12:49 PM

Just people doing their thing on OldCP, don't those people mind to give them space for moderating?
Also, just to cut off those people thinking the post is bias, we ALL have to be treated fairly by each other.
Don't be bias yourself and care more for someone and not everyone else. Treat people as if how you want to be treated,
if you do that they'll think of that and copy your kindness! Remember we're all humans and we have the same rights, don't
ruin it for each other.

+1 by Hashir

Rookie
21 posts
Seen 2nd May 2015
13th April 2015, 02:58 PM

yes,even though they sometimes may not give respect back
doesn't mean you do the same,very wise post sofie

Stronger than you think

Friends:
Amyrosedasher,Sonicthehed,Tailsrocks,Knucklesrocks,1Blaze1,QueenAleena
Creamrabbit

Master
5,463 posts
Seen 11th January 2023
13th April 2015, 04:36 PM

We're all human! :P

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
13th April 2015, 05:07 PM

Hashir wrote on 12th April 2015 07:06 PM:
Hello,

I do agree about the point you're making, but I think I want to share my point of view.

Some users may be disrespecting, but we have to also respect users opinions. Some people want to say their opinions and they can't because apparently saying something against moderators is disrespect. We should all be entitled to a freedom of speech and most people don't speak their mind because they will get in trouble from it. I do agree with some users point of views, but some are harmless and are not rude or anything. But, that depends on what you classify is rude. Users should be respected for their opinion, as long as they say it civilly.

Thank you, but I agree overall.

I agree with this. We should have the freedom to speak our minds in a respectful way. You can't force people to agree with you and not allow them to speak their minds. You should be listening to their opinions because the users and their opinions are what shape this community. The only punishable thing is rudeness and harmful comments.

Thanks for the post though Sofie, it is important that we respect each other.

+1 by Hashir

Login or join the forums to reply.